RE: Nudist Resort First Time - Check In

I will have a similar experience next week, my first check in into a nudist resort. Being a very frank and open persone i rarely feel embarressed or shy. My guess is a clothed approach at the frontdesk is best. Arriving at the resort on scooter also limits me to undressing before entering the resort, where would I put all my stuff hahaha ! I dont think I will undress before setteling down in my room, put my bags and other stuff away first. I usually carry a small backpack with all my essentials in it ( towel, wallet, Ipod ) and slippers to avoid blisters from heated roadways/sidewalks. just relax and have a great time. let us know what your experiences have been.

Lipuma...how was your first experience? As wonderful as you knew it would be?

Jen

This post was edited

I have been waiting so long for the wife to agree, maybe soon though, I don't know if I can wait till the checkin.....chuckle!

Some nudist parks will allow you to disrobe as soon as you get out of your car such as Cedar Creek in SC. Others such as Laguna del Sol, you have to park outside of their gate to register.
Hugs, Cheri

This post was edited

I was dressed when I arrived at my resort, and it was customary to be clothed somehow in the reception area. All other areas guests were free to be as bare as they liked.
Hey, if you are checking in, you will require to produce payment and ID. where ya gonna find that if you have already stripped down!

This post was edited

Do call ahead, or if you're the least bit uncertain, stay dressed until you're checked in. Some friends were gathering at Orr Hot Springs a few years ago; the last car to arrive was a couple; the guy undressed before checking in, and the resort refused both of them admission - seems, at least at Orr, that there's a clothing requirement in the lobby.

This post was edited
First time nudist resort - check in

This past weekend was my first experience with a nudist resort. I simply followed my 2 rules of thumb that were appropriate for this situation. Rule of thumb #1 Check in as if you were checking in to any hotel, motel, or resort. Typically, if there are any rules that need to be stated, the staff will do so. If they don't and you're new to the facility.....ASK. Rule of thumb #2 When in Rome do as the Romans do. If you know the rules and follow them you'll be at ease.
The first experience at the resort was GREAT! The wife and I went with nudist friends and made more friends. It was the most relaxing , friendly, and stress-free weekend we've had in years. We will be continuing this life style and visiting more clubs and resorts.
Bob

This post was edited
RE: First time nudist resort - check in

On my first visit, I checked in clothed, as soon as I left the office, I was told welcome to the resort and feel free to go nude from this point on.

That sounds like fun.

This post was edited
RE: First time nudist resort - check in

I checked in clothed, drove to the assigned parking area and then disrobed. It seemed the polite thing to do.

This post was edited
Whatever feels comfortable

Being in strange circumstances and somewhere new can be a little stressful for all of us.
The key thing I have noticed about the nudist/naturist movement is it allows people to be free and comfortable.
Don't stress, a quick look around at other people will allow you to decide when/where and how one disrobes.
becuase the main resort I go to is largely a camping ground, one usually checks in clothed, proceeds to the camp site and sets up home and then , somewhere in there, the clothes can coem off before heading to the pool complex for a refreshing dip and some freindly smiles.

This post was edited

During my first visit to a nudist resort,the check-in and payment process was done clothed.On later visits,I simply carried my wallet with me to the office after getting naked.Now that my wife and I are members,we are able to let ourselves in,and there is no check in or payment process.We simply park and get naked.

This post was edited

As Cheri has stated, it truly does depend on the club and it's layout. I've visited several clubs and a couple, you need to remain dressed from where you park to where the main office is. There have also been several where you are allowed through the gates, park and then go into the office to check in. Our club, the parking area is outside the main gate and you need to park, remain clothed and then check in. Two other parks in the general area, allow you in the gate, you park and you could disrobe and check in naked. One park I visited, I drove there naked, the office let me in the gate, I "drove" to the main office area to park and got out naked and checked in. The office manager saw me get out of the truck naked and said to me when I walked in ... "you are ready for the day!" ;-) Probably best to check the layout of the land. If you're inside the gates, I'd park and disrobe, if you prefer, and check in naked with your information. If you're unable and have to park outside the gates, check in clothed ... you'll be naked in no time! :D

This post was edited