Straight Talk

Straight Talk

I have been a nudist for over forty years. I have been involved in the promotion of my nudist club as well as nudism in general. I have appeared on TV and quoted, by name, in newspapers advocating nude and C/O beaches. Many years ago I even appeared in a play presented by my nudist club to give non-nudists a glimpse of nudist life.
I enjoy social nudism at clubs, resorts and while skinny dipping at legal beaches, also sunbathing on my patio, out of sight of the neighbors and, of course, soaking in the hot tub.
At the risk of being censored by some on this site, here are a few things I do not do nude: driving a car, even if it were not for police safety checks, walking in the yard or to the mailbox in full view of the neighbors and answering the door to friends or strangers nor would I go grocery shopping where nudists are dangling over my produce or ground beef.
I do not enjoy walking around the house nude since my wife likes to keep it somewhat cooler than the inside of our refrigerator. For the same reason, I am more comfortable sleeping in underwear or even pajamas.
Some may feel that not wanting to being nude every possible moment makes one less of a nudist. Nudism is more a state of mind rather than the physical act of shedding ones clothing. Practical considerations such as personal comfort, not offending the non-nudist and conforming to law should be factors to think about before abandoning your clothing

This topic was edited
RE: Straight Talk

Thanks! I'm not one of those orthodox, separatist nudists. I'm nude when it's convenient at home and I enjoy being nude in appropriate social situations. Ialso like the way some clothes feel (especially when it's cold) and how some clothes make me look. Being clothed and nude are both useful and pleasant, so I do them in that spirit. Imagine how much more pleasant things would be if we could all be more relaxed and flexible in our attitudes and preferences.

This post was edited

A very refreshing view to nudism, well done. We also love being nude, but the age old saying of nude when practical still rings true. We do look for nudist opportunities but not at the expense of offending othersor breaking the law.
We all live in this society, and therefore have to conform to what is acceptable, we may not aggree, but by offending others or purposely going out of our way to expose when not appropriate, will do nothing to change society or its views of a personal life preference.
Understanding is the key to acceptance.

This post was edited

Thanks, Art.
That's pretty much on-target as far as I'm concerned.

This post was edited

There are those who get nude on a dare. But Art gives us practical considerations. Just enjoy nudity in appropriate situations and that makes you a true nudist.

This post was edited
RE: The Fig Leaf.

I agree to large extent with FreedomRider. Prefer to be nude, especially at home, but elsewhere you have to be considerate. I would say the general attitude to nudity is somewhat more relaxed in Sweden and many other parts of Europe, compared to US.

This post was edited