RE: Weight loss?

Drop sodas...alcohol...and pretty much anything tasty. LOL
Seriously though, join a gym, a trainer can point you to the direction you need to go.
Stay Naked!

This post was edited

A nutritionist at work recently told me that if the average person would cut down sugar & salt consumption, while drinking more water...that would be the way to go. She said that we are sugar and salt addicted. Everything we eat these days is filled with both, or at least on or the other.
She stressed the water most of all, saying that a majority of the American population lives on the verge of dehydration daily. Its due to all the coffee, tea, and soda consumption. People aren't getting enough water for their bodies. Water is a key factor for you body to burn fat. If their isn't enough water in your body, it can affect how your metabolism works...or doesn't
Hope this helps. I'm personally taking this to heart and rethinking my daily consumption. ^^

This post was edited

Thanks. An important reminder for all of us. Will try to make a point of thinking about it more often.

This post was edited

Hey everyone,I'm trying to lose weight and man it's hard. Does anyone have any tips on good workout regimes or healthy eating?You can use smaller plates or make smaller dishes to eat.

This post was edited

Making small changes to diet and exercise makes a huge impact on your waistline! I am vegan, you do not need to go all that way, but you may try eating less meat and more veggies and salad.

This post was edited

My tips for what it's worth:
Don't diet just cut out or minimise the rubbish in your diet - replace with fruit, vegetables, nuts etc.
Replace soda drinks with water and lots of it - take a bottle of water everywhere you go. Also drink water with every meal - it slows down your eating and fills you up
Exercise! If you want to lose weight excercise is got to be a big part of the equation. Whether cardio or resistance you need to push yourself out of your comfort zone - a casual walk won't cut it. You need to push yourself to the extent you are working up a sweat snd you are moderately out of breath
Don't obsess over the scales - the old cliche about muscle weighing more than fat is true - you may be toning up without actually losing weight ie more muscle less fat
Once you are at a reasonable level of fitness try High a Intensity Interval Training - at its most basic this is like sprinting for a short period then resting for the same and continuing. From my own experiences and studies of I have read this really revs up your metabolism. Google for more info
Make exercise a non negotiable part of your day like eating, cleaning or sleeping. Even 20 to 30 mins of solid exercise crank up your metabolism and make you feel good
If you have days where you have eaten badly don't give up on all the gains you have made - just start again the next day. You will only have failed if you give up

This post was edited

In the two years since this post was made there have been some pretty cool gadgets and apps coming out that can help track your activity. I like the idea of tracking what I eat and then measuring the calories I've burned. You can use the Livestrong app, one of the wrist bands on the market ( I think Jawbone makes one ), or even the built in trackers on iPhone or Samsung phones. Know what you need to intake and track what you eat and how you burn. Easy.

This post was edited

I started this myself and the two things that is helping me in these two Apps:
My fittness Pal.com
Run tracker.
My Fittness Pal tells me how many calories to eat and have many calories I have eaten and it is easy to use and Run tracker tells me how fast I am running or walking and maps out my route as well as give me how many calories I have burn during the time I was walking or running. Both of these apps are easy to use.

This post was edited

First off: I'm not a doctor. Some doctors speak against the HCG Diet and some applaud it.
I had a very successful run with the HCG Diet. But it's not easy at first but my results were unmatched against anything else.
I lost just under 40lbs in 40 days.
If you decide to try such a diet. See a doctor and get a prescription for the real thing and not the crap from the internet.
Real HCG has an expiration date and is more pure. The stuff on the internet is made up of the amino acids in HCG and does not expire.
You can PM me if you want to know more about it.

This post was edited

Has the HCG diet been shown to be safe and effective? Answers from Katherine Zeratsky, R.D., L.D.

No on both counts. In fact, the Food and Drug Administration has advised consumers to steer clear of over-the-counter weight-loss products that contain HCG. HCG is human chorionic gonadotropin, a hormone produced during pregnancy.
As a prescription medication, HCG is used mainly to treat fertility issues. HCG is not approved for over-the-counter use, nor has it been proved to work for weight loss. Companies that sell over-the-counter HCG weight-loss products are breaking the law.
So why has there been so much talk about the HCG diet? Perhaps it's because the diet recommends severe calorie restriction typically just 500 to 800 calories a day. People who follow such a very low calorie diet are likely to lose weight, at least in the short term.
However, diets that so severely limit calories have risks, such as gallstone formation, irregular heartbeat and an imbalance of electrolytes.
Side effects have also been reported with the HCG diet and include fatigue, irritability, restlessness, depression, fluid buildup (edema), and swelling of the breasts in boys and men (gynecomastia). Another serious concern is the risk of blood clots forming and blocking blood vessels (thromboembolism).
If weight loss is your goal, there are safer ways to lose weight. Talk with your doctor or other health care provider about how to make healthy changes that lead to permanent weight loss, such as eating a balanced diet and getting regular exercise.

This post was edited