RE: Trimming genitals

I shave by "jewels" and just trim everything else. No, I have never had any problems with ingrown hairs...so far.

This post was edited

Trim my genitals? Never. Pubic hair maybe.

This post was edited

I love the look and feel of shaving my pubic hair, but usually within an hour of shaving I break out in hundreds of little red pimples. That is quite unpleasant and itchy. Looks nasty too. I'd love to be smooth without that problem.

This post was edited

I trim my bush and then shave my balls. Have always done that.
But sometimes i just let it grow haha

This post was edited

For me,I shave in the shower every day.The skin gets used to it and I no longer get any bumps or redness.Agreed. I've shaved everything since I was 14 and you just get used to it... Go with the grain and it's pretty comfy.

This post was edited

i just started shaving and had red bumps for a while. I started using Gillette body gel. That stuff is amazing. the razor really glides well over all of the curved parts. i do shave slowly, and rinse often. i also rub the gel in allot. that creates a a different issue. the more i rub the bigger the issue becomes .. but i have no ingrown hairs at all. I also changed razors to the hydro 5 sensitive. that combo seems to really work good for me . I am 19 and used to only trim close. now I am silky smooth and LOVE IT .....

This post was edited

I have found the problem is definitely lessened by using a 4 or 5 blade razor, not a twin blade. And don't try to make the blade last forever -- change it often.

This post was edited

This post was edited

Does anyone use Nair or Veet? That's what I use once every two weeks and I stay very smooth. Btw, I think I'm the only smoothie in Atlanta sometimes. I've gone to many men's nudist events and I'm always the loner. Nice to know there are other smoothies out there.

This post was edited

After only a short time of having started to shave I nicked myself at the base of my pubic hair line which was neatly trimmed and very quickly developed a big brown mole. My doctor is reluctant to remove it but I find it ugly and have let my pubes grow again to mask it. Very frustrating!
Just a warning really on how things can go wrong.

This post was edited