RE: Order that pictures appear

With this random order of the pictures, it doesn't pay to upload new pictures, because the new pictures might show up further down. You don't know whether your friends would see them (especially non-paying members who can only see 5). Who has the patience to scroll down to see several sets of 8? Little Miss Linda lately has several times added about 20 new photos, but the old photos still show up first. At first I wondered why Linda uploads new photos. Let's go back to having the latest uploaded pictures show up first.
I really wish the latest uploaded showed up first because it is easier to see the new ones. I uploaded a Christmas pic and for a few hours it showed up first. Then it moved down to where it was not easily found even for paying members. There are many people who upload more than five pics at a time so you would still have to be a paying member to see all of the new ones.

This post was edited

I *think* it works to organize photos of an event or on a theme into a blog entry. I've done that on my profile - the blog "this farm was lava" has seven pix. Maybe an unpaid member could confirm that the blog is viewable? If so, I'll pass on the technique.

This post was edited

Maybe there's a simpler way, but here's how I've used the blogs to organize photos - no need to upload the photo again or host it elsewhere. The blog tool offers you an icon for inserting photos, which asks for a URL. You can see the URL of any of your photos by going to My Account / view /photos, scrolling to the photo of interest, and clicking on it to view in large size. The browser will then display the actual URL, looks like:
https://www.truenudists.com/images/huge.php?pic=/images/people/6c712d633ad3908a54b7bde40503810c.jpg
edit down the part that says "images/huge.php?pic=/images" to just the single word "images", to yield
https://www.truenudists.com/images/people/6c712d633ad3908a54b7bde40503810c.jpg

This post was edited

I feel complimented in that this thread has come back to life, because of interest that others have in the thread. Originally I said that I desire that the newest photos appear first, so that friends can easily see your latest handiwork. Apparently I have a valid point. I had thought it was a personal bitch that would be forgotten.

This post was edited

I feel complimented in that this thread has come back to life, because of interest that others have in the thread. Originally I said that I desire that the newest photos appear first, so that friends can easily see your latest handiwork. Apparently I have a valid point. I had thought it was a personal bitch that would be forgotten.

It may be a personal gripe but it is one that many of us share. I put up more and more pics and get comments on mostly the same five pics. It would be nice to be able to show different pics once in awhile without having to do workarounds.

This post was edited

I *think* it works to organize photos of an event or on a theme into a blog entry. I've done that on my profile - the blog "this farm was lava" has seven pix. Maybe an unpaid member could confirm that the blog is viewable? If so, I'll pass on the technique.
It does, HOWEVER it most certainly flies in the face of the owner's intent.
Abused, and publicized like this, it'll probably go away as it does circumvent the cash flow. Never a good idea.

This post was edited

I'm a paid member, and would be glad to see more free members sign up and help support the site. The blog tool is not a secret - I got the idea to use it to organize profile photos from Philfreeeuk on another thread. If the site chooses to limit unpaid members to seeing only five photos on blogs, as it evidently does on the forum, fine; the site does need to be self-supporting. The blog tool could still be used to meet the two concerns that led off this thread - how to control which five photos unpaid users see, and how to organize photos in a topical or chronological order for paid members. Fact is, the traffic to blog entries is miniscule and likely to remain so - near as I can tell, few of the people browsing photos ever read far enough down the page to even find it!

This post was edited

Great idea, Steve. I am not a paid member and was able to view your blogs. Gives me hope to remain on this site which I was considering leaving. As someone mentioned above, I too have my pictures sorted in a sort of theme of my life over the last 2 years. I had a series of pics taken recently of me putting my Christmas tree together and didn't even bother to post any of them.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

Louis

This post was edited

Ooops! ... me and my BIG mouth!!!

This post was edited