how do you get rid of razor bumps?

Hi everyone,
I'm sure most of us that shave "down there" has experienced the unfortunate razor bumps and ingrown hairs at some point. I was just curious, how do you get rid of them? What products do you use? Whats your "secret" ?
-bunny

This topic was edited
RE: how do you get rid of razor bumps?

I just rub the skin vigorously and scratch at any suspected ingrowing hairs

This post was edited

I just rub the skin vigorously and scratch at any suspected ingrowing hairswouldn't that make it more red and irritated?

This post was edited

I shave in the shower with a Gilette body bare shaver.Very few razor bumps.I shave in the shower as well..but I do occasionally get a few bumps every so often

This post was edited

As regards my shaving technique i use a good shaving foam, i let it work some minutes before using a gillette.
The foam prepares the skin for the blades so it's much better.

This post was edited

I preferable use throw away one-time razors. I shaved last night and not one bump today :D

This post was edited

I use exfoliating gloves in the shower after I shave, or soap and glory scrub with the glove, which leaves skin soft. If there are stubborn ingrowers, I tend to use tweezers to pick it out, then clean it.

This post was edited

I used to get a lot of razor bump but now I shave with hair conditioner and shave with the grain. To get a smother result I will then shave lightly across the grain. Once finished, dab with regular isopropyl alcohol.Good advise! thanks!
-bunny

This post was edited

If you get the little red bumps ANYWAY, it helps to rub in a bit of bacitracin ointment. Or any anti-biotic ointment.

This post was edited

If you get the little red bumps ANYWAY, it helps to rub in a bit of bacitracin ointment. Or any anti-biotic ointment.Thanks! Ill keep that in mind.

This post was edited