Paper plates or fine China...

...which would be the proper place setting at a nudist get-together? Oh, and should we use the plastic sporks?

This topic was edited
RE: Paper plates or fine China...

...which would be the proper place setting at a nudist get-together? Oh, and should we use the plastic sporks?
I have found that serving beer or soft drinks directly from the can adds a festive touch to the most formal occasion. In our new found Green Society, no glasses need to be washed, water and detergent is saved. No electricity is used to run the dishwasher. The empty cans are then taken to the recycle center and made into pool chairs.
Additionally, your invention of the "sporks" which combine the spoon and fork further reduces waste. Great idea!

This post was edited

Oh...definitely paper...you can add them to the bonfire when all is done. No waste and no garbage!

Knarfje...the visual I got for the clip on tie...too, too funny!

Jen

This post was edited

Y'all are making me hungry.

This post was edited

If we are four or fewer, I use a nice set of Corel dinnerware and regular stainless flatware. If it's an occasion, I might use my Portmerion stoneware and better flatware. Otherwise, we use foam plates, plastic utensilsand always use paper napkins.

We once visited another nonlanded club's festivities (about 30 or so about 4 hrs away) and the hosts used breakable dishes and real silverware. That was too much work IMHO. :)

This post was edited

This is really interesting how most have similar opinions. I guess everyone is saying that nudist get togethers are by definition, casual. Is there any way that a nudist event could be considered formal? Would a nudist wedding, for example, be considered formal and how would that change anything?

This post was edited

Whatare plates?

and sporks are useless for custard!

This post was edited

This is really interesting how most have similar opinions. I guess everyone is saying that nudist get togethers are by definition, casual. Is there any way that a nudist event could be considered formal? Would a nudist wedding, for example, be considered formal and how would that change anything?

I have never been to a nudist wedding. My educated guess is that, among nudists, even a wedding would be casual.

This post was edited

how about we skip the plates and utensils, just have finger food, jump right in and chow down!
Where shall we wipe our hands afterwards?
the mind boggles!

This post was edited

I guess we could use our towels to wipe our hands but then you might not want to sit on them.

This post was edited

Wearing nothing, I lift my wineglass nonetheless in response to the question ...

Casual dining: sporks are fine.

Formal dinner: flatwear and cloth napkins ...

(Cloth napkins? The badger rubs his eyes and shakes his head ...)

Look: I've dined totally starkers in nudist environments ... and we've had cloth napkins! (... for the protection of? ...)

NakedBadger

This post was edited