RE: Paper plates or fine China...

Hmmm...now I am wondering if cloth napkins are better for the environment than paper napkins?

This post was edited

Yeah! Go for the fingerfoods..Don't like using napkins..LOL!
Regards,
Mary Ash
Pret travaux

This post was edited

I guess everyone is saying that nudist get togethers are by definition, casual. Is there any way that a nudist event could be considered formal? Would a nudist wedding, for example, be considered formal and how would that change anything?
If you suspect it's a formal nude event, then the styrofoam plates, and high-quality plastic sporks. You know, those chrome plated plastic things ?

This post was edited

This is really interesting how most have similar opinions. I guess everyone is saying that nudist get togethers are by definition, casual. Is there any way that a nudist event could be considered formal? Would a nudist wedding, for example, be considered formal and how would that change anything?

The weddings I go to, although not nudist, all use paper plates, but then the guest list usually has several hundred people so paper plates are the way to go.

This post was edited

Paper plates can be very tricky, especially outdoors if it's breezy, and for custard you need a straw Phil.

This post was edited

We use clear plastic ones for somethings and styrofoam or chinette for others. At some of our events, people eat outdoors and some enjoy the repast indoors. I prefer to not fight the bugs for my food. ;)

This post was edited

Fine China if you have say like 8 or less. Paper plates if you have a bigger group or outdoors.

This post was edited

Paper and plastic are the way to go. No dishes to wash, able to spend more time with guests. I hate washing dishes!!

This post was edited

Maybe not fine china but certainly chine rather than paper. I think paper plates and especially styrofoam plates and cups are the curse of the age... we should not let our standards slip jsut because we are nudeists...... (seriously though, I don't like eating off paper plates: they look mean and penny-pinching. How can they be more 'green friendly' thatn china, which is used over and over again?

We sometimes use clear plastic plates that can be washed in the dishwasher on the top rack. They look good, don't break, but if they do crack/break, they are a LOT less expensive than china or stoneware.

This post was edited