Cell Phone use at a Nudist resort

At my local club there is a ban on Cell Phones around the park, and the practice is well policed.
I visited Cypress Cove in Florida and read the notice on cell phones. They allow them as long as you keep them out of sight as much as is practical and only photograph nudists with their permission. I saw many younger nudists taking the opportunity to text, then promptly put the phone down.
Cameras are typically banned at resorts, so it follows that a cell phone with a camera is essentially the same. However there is a big difference. Cameras are made to take photos and videos only, cell phones have many uses including a camera. Using a camera means only one thing; a photo is going to be taken. With a cell phone calls or text are two reasons they get used.
It was refreshing to see cells being used occasionally with no signs of abuse. The youth of today can't live very long without being in contact wit their friends. Clubs will perish if they make attending the club difficult due to the cell phone bans. Cypress had a good number of younger nudists, the above 40's still predominated, but there were a lot more young nudists than I am used to seeing.
I think the common sense approach to Cell Phones is a good idea for the sake of the resort and its members.
What is your position cell phones at a resort?

This topic was edited
RE: Cell Phone use at a Nudist resort

Our club also has a no cell phone use in the areas with the largest concentration of people; the rec ctr., pool deck, tennis courts, cafe... pretty much the only place they say you can use it is in the designated area behind the cafe, near the dumpsters and in the parking lot. It's a rule/policy very seldom enforced ... especially if you're a resident or frequent enough member to know all the staff and GM by their first name. Rules for them and rules for others and they are never the same.
We take my cell to the pool deck. It's always in the bag we take with our towels, etc. If it rings or my text message chime goes off ... I either answer it and begin walking out of the pool deck area or if it's a text and it's important ... I answer it there. We have two ailing parents and I'm not going to have my cell phone someplace where we can't be reached in an emergency. If nudists are so dang worried about having their picture taken by someone that has their cell phone flat on their towel, between their legs .. I've got news for them ... your picture's probably already been taken by some further away that you're not paying attention to! I've said many, many times before; "it's not the cameras you see that should worry you, it's the ones you don't see! ;-)

This post was edited

I like the idea of resorts amending their policies concerning cameras and cell phones. I've been to many places and have met many friends but have little tangible evidence of those experiences. It'd be wonderful to have a visual record of these events. I believe the resortsshould join the 21st century.

This post was edited

I would think that most people obey the rules at the resorts. There is always one bad apple. And if you are attending a resort you should also realize that possibility. The the responsibility lies on each side. Funny too is you will see on different forums many people who complain about the subject of cameras have pics of themselves posted. Im not condoning that picture taking is ok at a resort but common sense should be considered.

This post was edited

I like the idea of resorts amending their policies concerning cameras and cell phones. I've been to many places and have met many friends but have little tangible evidence of those experiences. It'd be wonderful to have a visual record of these events. I believe the resortsshould join the 21st century.In these circumstances, a member of management would happily take your photos as a souvenir. I've done that over the years or take a photo at the entrance.

This post was edited

Having grown up without the access everywhere/all the time internet I can live without it for the few hours I'm relaxing at the beach or at a resort.
It's not a problem for either of us, but I doubt it would be the same for younger naturists who seem to be constantly using phones.
They have evolved to be constantly interacting on social networks with their friends. I don't have a problem with it, I do with my friends too. (just not every five mins) Resorts that ban phones will have major problem with attracting younger people.
S

This post was edited

I like the idea of resorts amending their policies concerning cameras and cell phones. I've been to many places and have met many friends but have little tangible evidence of those experiences. It'd be wonderful to have a visual record of these events. I believe the resortsshould join the 21st century.In these circumstances, a member of management would happily take your photos as a souvenir. I've done that over the years or take a photo at the entrance.Yes, we have a lot of pics of us at different locations. What we don't have is many pics with the friends we have made. Those are really the ones we want to remember.

This post was edited

In the 60's and 70's I had many lovers. I remember what each and everyone of those ladies looked like. I do not need photographs stashed in a box to remember them.

This post was edited

In the 60's and 70's I had many lovers. I remember what each and everyone of those ladies looked like. I do not need photographs stashed in a box to remember them.Bragging? LOL

This post was edited

In the 60's and 70's I had many lovers. I remember what each and everyone of those ladies looked like. I do not need photographs stashed in a box to remember them.I am still trying to forget most of mine.

This post was edited

The resort we go to is clothing optional and the only place you must be nude is in the pool, so the only place you can't have your phone is in the pool area. But this doesn't bother us and we are still nude every where at the resort and have just come to the understanding that we could be the subject of a others cell phone. I look at it like this if I was afraid of someone seeing me nude I wouldn't go there. Have we seen people who may have snapped pics of of walking around? Yes! Did it offend us? Not really. I have been to nude beaches where people were blatant about taking pics of nudist and that didn't bother me either. I have also had people ask to take our picture while we were nude and allowed them and never had an issue with it

This post was edited