RE:Sauna on the cruise ship

I also noticed the shift in policy. Years ago the mens locker room of the gym I went to was always nude. There was a hot tub, sauna and steam room in the locker room. All the members were nude in all three. Then I started seeing signs put up requiring swimwear. Personally, I'm much more comfortable using these nude. Eventually they took out the hot tub. I had the sense that some members were offended by the nude body.

They may have taken the hot tub out because it became too much trouble to keep the water clean after requiring swim suits. Residual soap and detergent does create problems.

This post was edited

I totally agree with you. I've seen guys where swimsuits in the sauna. I would find that much too confining. The purpose of going into a steam room or sauna is to allow all your pores open up and release toxins. Why would you cover that with a swimsuit?

This post was edited

I totally agree with you. I've seen guys where swimsuits in the sauna. I would find that much too confining. The purpose of going into a steam room or sauna is to allow all your pores open up and release toxins. Why would you cover that with a swimsuit?

This post was edited

Though I rarely use saunas or steam rooms, Ive seen enough of these stories where eventually swim attire ends up being required. I have a feeling its the squeaky wheel type of thing. Some people complained to management about there being naked people and no or few complaints the other way. I feel like nudists are less likely to complain because they are so used to being limited. Maybe some complaints to management about saunas being used incorrectly with swim attire blocking pores etc. Maybe that could change the signs to nudity required?

This post was edited

A complaint to the management that people are compromising the hygiene of the sauna, steam room or hot tub by wearing swimwear might have more effect.

This post was edited