Gallery Images

I'm sure it's been asked before but as there isn't a 'search' facility on the Forum I thought I'd just post this.
There are some really great images on the Gallery but I was wondering, how did they get there? I assume they aren't random profile pictures and that someone must post them but how did they do it. Also, is there any way of going from these shots to the profile of the person in them?

This topic was edited
RE: Gallery Images

I wrote about this in my blog at https://www.truenudists.com/blogs/1009. It should answer most of your questions.

This post was edited

Just to be clear: The pictures will only be posted on Gallery if you put them there. Once posted to Gallery, though, only the site owner (to my knowledge) can take them down. Personally, I'd rather keep greater control over my photos, so they are accessed only from my profile page.

This post was edited

The 'changing the category' was the bit I missed - I did first look for the upload but it wasn't visible. I've got some beautiful nude images I've taken as a photographer but might not now load them if I lose control.

This post was edited

On our own pages, we have a little control of our images. The site owner apparently has the right to remove any images that he deems unsuitable.
TRUE, but not unreasonable, nor uncommon for any site.
As far as uploading images so only he has control of them, I cannot see why anyone would do it, especially seeing as only those who pay can actually see them!
Some are exhibitionist, others merely wishing to contribute. Reasons are many and varied. Do remember that the pay thing wasn't always so ! That's a "relatively" recent addition, and though I can't *know* I suspect gallery contributions have fallen off since. Many of the gallery photos were purloined from other sites anyway, as I recall from before it became paid.

This post was edited

It would be nice to be directed to the image if you click on the thumbnail on the home page rather than just the gallery home page. There looks to be some great locations but I can't find the image!!

This post was edited
RE:Gallery Images

Prior to July of 2009 (before this became a "freemium" site), when members uploaded photo's to the gallery you could "rate" themona scalefrom 1-5. That is why there are numbers under most of the pics. If there is no "rating" under the picture the chances are good it was submitted after the "freemium" change over. When viewing the gallery it also listed right under (or was it above?) the photo which member submitted it. Most members did submit their own photos. However, there were quiet a few photo's that were taken from other websites -mainly submitted by TT1 (site admin) and Wildthrill.
Theonly search method there is, is to change the "category" you are searching under if you are lookign for a specific picture.

A member is the only one who can upload a phototo the gallery. Site admin is the only one who can take it down.

This post was edited

A member is the only one who can upload a phototo the gallery. Site admin is the only one who can take it down.

Which is why I now only post my pics on the 'Photography Nudists' group - free to view and I retain control.

https://www.truenudists.com/group/215/

Love n stuff
Rudie x

This post was edited

Which is why I now only post my pics on the 'Photography Nudists' group - free to view and I retain control.

https://www.truenudists.com/group/215/

Love n stuff
Rudie x

That seems like a very good way of handling things

This post was edited

Did anybody answer the orrigional question? For those of who don't know Can sombody tell me HOW the pictures get into the galleries. I can see Who does it when new ones go in, but how do they do it? (Answer in this string please not in some blog or other place)

This post was edited

Hi, Ian...
Well, I'll be ^%$# !!
Since the site went pay-per-view many months ago, I hadn't concerned myself with uploading anything into the gallery, but now that you ask...
I can not find any way at all ! It used to be there, before pay-per-view, and I'm not sure it's been there since ?
EDIT:
OK, found it.
Open the gallery, and get the "you gotta pay" stuff.
Click either of the top boxes to select something different, order by username for example instead of popularity.
Now, a browser and upload box should appear near the bottom of the page, below any image you might get.

This post was edited