Testicles: Feeling the cold

Hi Guys, I often wondered why it is that when I'm sitting around naked in winter I still feel the cold more when I get dressed. I read recently that it is a function of the testicles to regulate body temperature. As guys we all know about shrinkage. It doesn't just mean you have cold balls. Our testicles are also telling the rest of our body to conserve body heat by restricting blood flow in our extremities and skin surface.
This also works in reverse. When our balls are low hanging and saggy our skin surface and extremities also get the message with blood flowing through unrestricted capillaries to achieve the maximum cooling affect.
So doesn't this mean that wearing hot sweaty restrictive underwear is really causing our bodies natural regulator to send confusing messages? We end up feeling the cold and pile on more clothes. Should we just hang our nuts out for a while? The answer to me is to live a life more natural than society forces us to do. Being naked does have its health benefits. I for one will be letting my balls swing free as much as I nakedly can!
Don't you agree?
Jay

This topic was edited
RE: Testicles: Feeling the cold

Do you have a link to that article? Something doesn't sound right.

I know testicles may self-regulateby drawing themselves closer to the rest of the body orfurther out, depending on the temperature. If testes are too hot, a man may have reproductive problems, which is why looser boxersare oftenrecommended instead of tight briefs since briefs tend tokeep the testes too close to the body, and therefore too warm.

But this is the first time I've heard of testes helping to regulate theREST of the body.

This post was edited

Gerry: You are correct. The testicles self-regulate, they do not regulate the rest of the body. The testicles must remain cooler than the rest of the body otherwise the male reproductive organs will be damaged. Many people don't realize this, but sperm is actually viewed by the rest of the body as an infection. Keeping them cooler and away from the rest of the body is paramount to remaining potent.

This post was edited

Gerry: You are correct. The testicles self-regulate, they do not regulate the rest of the body. The testicles must remain cooler than the rest of the body otherwise the male reproductive organs will be damaged. Many people don't realize this, but sperm is actually viewed by the rest of the body as an infection. Keeping them cooler and away from the rest of the body is paramount to remaining potent.

There's a location in the brain that notes the temperature if I'm remembering right. Our core temp is not controlled by genitalia.

This post was edited

I believe it is the hypothalamus that performs all of the regulatory functions.

This post was edited

I don't believe that testicles have anything to do with it but there is a phenomenon Ifrequentlyencounter where I do indeed feel cooler/colder when dressed compared to nude. Whether this is something physical or if it is just phychological I don't know but it is often verynoticeable.

This post was edited

Off the subject, but when I am nude in cool/cold weather, why do people always ask, "Aren't you cold?" Do they really think I am so stupid I wouldn't put on clothes when I feel cold?

HA HA HA

This post was edited

Off the subject, but when I am nude in cool/cold weather, why do people always ask, "Aren't you cold?" Do they really think I am so stupid I wouldn't put on clothes when I feel cold?Back on the subject. I always feel warmer when I put on clothes.

I usally respond to that question, "When I lost my clothes I didn't lose my common sense."

This post was edited

When I lost my clothes I didn't lose my common sense

Great answer Cheri

This post was edited

the testicles only regulate there own temp,nothing to do with the rest of your body

This post was edited

winter time i keep my house around 70 degs and i feel warmer when i am nude then when i am dressed. my wife hates it when i can walk around nude and she is cold and has a robe on. i think the boudy puts out more heat when not clothed.

This post was edited