Whiskey and We

We have a good post on our favorite beers, I thought I'd start one on our favorite whiskies.
I enjoy just about any whiskey/hard liquor neat, with exception of gin (OK in mixed drinks but don't care for it straight up). My hands down favorite whiskey is good ole bourbon (which God himself loves, lol). I love the taste, and the warm feeling thatspreads throughout the entire upper body as it makes it way down (bourbon's loving embrace?). Neat or on the rocks, with Wild Turkey 101 is a favorite.Finishing up a bottle of Jim Beam's Red Stag (blackcherry flavored bourbon) now - not bad. Heard some good things about Maker's Mark, but haven't tried yet. Rum is my second favorite, and I also enjoy Jack Daniels, Southern Comfort, Scotch, Irish, and Canadian (good whiskey, and cheap!)whiskies for something different. My favorite time is after dinner, or after being outside shoveling snow in the winter (quick way to warm up your insides).
What say you?
I guess that leaves a post on wine, but I'll leave that to somone who knows something about wine (lol). I only know there is red, white, and that blue stuff that goes great with anything.
Bottoms up!
Mike

This topic was edited
RE: Whiskey and We

I like most whisky, my favorite being single malt scotch, neat of course. I don't particularly like blended scotch though. For single malts I like Talisker, Oban, Macallan, and even like the heavy peat flavor of Laphroaig. I also enjoy a good Irish Whisky especially in my weekend coffee. My favorite everyday drink would be Crown Royal smooth and relatively inexpensive.

This post was edited

Blackbush is divine, regular Bushmills is very good as are Jamiesons and Tullamore Dew.
Obviously I am into IrishWhiskey. All are smooth and mellow with a distinctive taste. I drink it straight and at room temperature in order to truly enjoy it ... why dilute a great whiskey with mix or ice? The Gaelic name for whiskey is uisce beatha which translates as water of life. What an appropriate term.

This post was edited

Cheers Jack and Mike, here's to the water of life!

This post was edited

glenmarangy or dimple does the trick

This post was edited

Jack Daniels is my drink of choice, usually on the rocks, but I've been known to drink it straight from the bottle. In college I drank Pinch, but switched to Jack somewhere along the way.

This post was edited
RE: Whiskey and we

Good posts, guys. Seems scotch is the favorite of the majority, but some whiskey drinkers with good taste so far!
bxnanude - maybe you could get a post on wine going sometime. With that and one on favorite cocktails, we'll have all our bases covered.
Cheers,
Mike

This post was edited

George Dickle no12, Jim Beam Rye and Jack Daniel Green Label are my top choices. Speyburn Single Malt would be up there too, if I could find it in these parts.

This post was edited

Looks like more and more single malt drinkers are sounding off!

This post was edited

Single malt scotch does seem to be the favorite of the posters so far. A very devoted following.

Mike

This post was edited
RE: Whiskey - and Whisky - and we

TravelNUdie, that's quite an inventory! Maybe we should have a party over at your place, lol. I must say, though, you do have good taste, as do the other posters thus far.
Scotch still seems to be the favorite, but this post is still young.
Mike

This post was edited