Nude Gardeners

Harvest Update

The gardening season is winding down here in northern Michigan. Overall, it was a pretty good year. The apple and berry production was amongst the best I've ever had. The root crops of potatoes, carrots and beets were also better than average....

Extended season.

We seem to be having an extended growing season here in the UK. My clematis screens are flowering for the third time this year, and last week's wind, all the other plants are still thriving.

Latest Post
by  
RE:Heat wave

It may be hot here in the uk but the work must be done.

UK weather , rain .

Like many keen gardeners , I've been struggling to keep plants watered. All water butts were empty , and when your on a water meter , think twice before getting a hosepipe out . So this morning it was lovely to see a steady downpour . It does...

Unexpected Visitor

Yesterday was a fantastic day for being in the garden and I got loads done.Today is another unexpected warm day, so I was back in the garden again.Pottering in the greenhouse I was surprised by an unexpected guest.She came straight into the garden...

2500 members

Welcome Lucy4u2 who is our 2500th member of this group. We are one of the larger groups on TN and thanks to all of you gardeners!

Latest Post
by  
Garden update

We are currently in the middle of a heat wave here in the north woods with temps today forecast to be in the upper 90's. It is nice though, to be able to go out in the garden naked at 7AM. It's been a crazy growing season. In mid-April we...

straw bale gardening

Has anyone tried straw bale gardening? Reading up on it for now. Like to know what other think about it.

straw bale gardening

Has anyone tried straw bale gardening? Reading up on it for now. Like to know what other think about it.

Latest Post
by  
spring garden

fall is gone for must of us, mid winter is passing, it's about time to be planning spring garden activities. Of course it varies greatly from Florida to Canada. In Florida it's already starting time for some things. In Canada it's like...