RE: Naked Hiking

I have only been on this site a few days, and I have already chatted with 2 others that have been hiking not too far from me. They claim they have never had any issues hiking nude in several areas in the Los Angeles National Forrest. I look forward to doing it, I just love the feeling of walking nude in the open air. I am a little nervous though, as the area is not officially clothing optional. I do plan on having a pair of shorts in my fanny pack in case I notice clothed people coming my way. I do not care about anyone seeing me, but i do not want to offend and drive someone to complain.And I will certainly have insect repellant and SPF 50 on me too.

This post was edited

I like gathering..seeking more like.. seasonal mushrooms, which for the most is off trail. Sometimes I get the urge to move more like the wind in the woods and my ankles took a beating.
I bought a pair of knee high moccasins that have worked well, although they're a bit slick on dry leaves/slopes of course.
Budi love being able to feel the earth beneath my feet with mocs on...trails in the dark of night sensing the hump/divvy whatever present is kinda heady stuff.

This post was edited
Naked Hiking

I just did a 5.5 mile hike along a local river, in N Idaho. 4.5 miles was in the nude. I use a back pack to carry my stuff and it hangs down far enough in the back to cover my buns. If I see someone coming (which I did not, today) I just stop and turn around and slip on my shorts. When I told my wife she said that that was quite risky and that it was no fair because I was getting ahead on the tan. LOL It looks like a great weather weekend coming up so we will head for Sun Meadow and get some good outdoor naked time and some good skinny-dipping time. YIIIPPPEEEE!!!

This post was edited

Naked hiking has to be one of the most pleasant activities to engage in. No clothes, the air all around you, the weather is a tactile presence as you rise and fall with the hills and valleys. Your awareness of nature, our environment, our little piece of space, is so heightened by hiking naked through mountains and forests and experiencing the wind and sun all over, as the day waxes and wanes all around us. Textiles have no idea what they're missing. Try it today, or maybe this year for the first time: https://www.naktiv.net/newt :-)Rich.Absolutely my passion, ongoing

This post was edited

I am still not able to get this thing to quote sections the way I want.I would certainly be interested in that nude hiking area near Castaic Lake California. Send the Google map info to my e-mail SCV_Scott over on ya hoo. Thanks again. I have about 4 people around here that are interested in taking a mild nude hike with me, if we find a good place where we won't offend anyone, or get arrested.

This post was edited

Just went out today at Knobs park in KY, If there is anyone on the Louisville/Ft.Knox are that knows of better, safer trails please let me know. I am going to be here for the next 2 months and would like to get out more. Todays hike was nice about 2 Miles total solitude, even got to lay out in the sun for about an hour and a half. I started of with shorts and a t-shirt but when the shirt was soaked I decided to go au-naturel, very exhilerating and freeing of ones worries (other than running into other hikers).

This post was edited

I love this when I get the chance, ie when its warm enough, mostly do this at some CO coast I know but would love to do some more hiking at the coast or in woods, forests etc, does anyone know anywhere or want to come with me sometime in the uk?

This post was edited

i go to a little hiking trail park here
people never say things about me hiking nude so seems to be one of those places people not care as long as you do not bother them
i just want to find people where i am to go hiking with out there

This post was edited

It's difficult to get my wife to visit rustic clubs or resorts. She agreed to try DeAnza Springs Nude Resort east of San Diego, CA. We drove the two hours, naked, and when we got to the gate, they let us in. We checked in and were given a tour. It was warm but cloudy with a lightening and thunder and flash flood watch in effect. I asked my wife if she still wanted to go nude hiking and she said ..."yes!" We packed a little water, couple of snack bars and headed out on a trail after letting the front desk know. We hiked for about two hours and the only thing that brought us back ... thunder and drops of rain. We scurried back and just as we got to the car ... it came down in buckets! I figured ... that's it, she'll never want to come back now. WRONG ... she said, "next time, lets check the weather first and make sure there are no flash flood watches in effect when we come back." She really enjoyed the nude hiking and can't wait to get back there and do some more.

This post was edited

Bugs have seasons. Black flies, May, Mosquitos, June, Deer and Horse flies over water and June July. So August is relatively bug free here in Ontario. Also, I was out already just about every second week and have not really been bothered at all and that's with no repellant. Some people make a big deal out of a few flying insects and/or ticks but I would gladly pay the price for the wonderful freedom of hiking nude. Go for it, worry about bugs later!

This post was edited