Toilets at nudist resorts?

I have never been to a nudist resort and I was wondering how the bathrooms are since everyone is already naked? And how do the staff dress( if they dress)?

This topic was edited
RE:Toilets at nudist resorts?

Also are there open showers? And are the bathrooms unisex?

This post was edited

It'll vary. One resort I've gone to has a door-less, unisex bathroom with an outdoor shower. There's a door on the toilet stall. Staff there, in warm weather, anyway, will be naked at the reception desk. Another has a conventional two-bathroom setup and requires clothes in the reception lobby for staff and visitors alike, with staff almost always dressed.

This post was edited

We've visited countless resorts and clubs and in all cases, except for one, we've found that even in a nudist environment, separate toilets and bathroom facilities are provided which, in our opinion, is the right thing to do. Regardless of our willingness to be nude in the company of strangers, using the toilet in private is something the vast majority of nudists prefer to do. The one facility we did visit that did have coed toilets and would be considered rustic. Since we would be in our motorhome while visiting this particular nudist resort, we'd confine our toilet use to our motorhome toilet.

Co-ed showers are usually the norm but we have seen where both coed open showers and private showers in the restrooms are available. With some nudists preferring to groom body hair; pubic area, legs, etc. , and not be watched, the private showers in the men's and women's restrooms provide that for these nudists. Others have no problem grooming their pubic areas in front of others and they don't mind doing so in the coed, open showers.

Being nudists and being naked with strangers shouldn't mean that you give up all privacy issues and situations. Using the toilet is a privacy issue and having separate facilities for men and women is something, we're sure, most ... if not ALL men and women would prefer. Take that portion of privacy away and insist on coed toilet facilities and you'll see even more women leave nudism/naturism.

Nude resort, club staff dress varies. Most times, we've encountered mostly dressed staff members. Many of these staff members aren't even nudists! At our club, the office staff encounters outside vendors constantly and in an effort not to embarrass, upset or force their nudity on these textiles, they remain clothed or covered most of the day. The upside to our club's office staff, they are all residents of the club and are nudists.

This post was edited

All these things vary from resort to resort. The front desk staff maybe clothed or nude, depending upon the resort. Personally I feel that if they're promoting nudism, they should be nude also. If you're a car dealer selling Fords, you don't drive a Chevy. Some of the maintenance staff may be nude or not. The same with the wait staff, although a lot of these will be just wearing an apron.
Larger restrooms with multi stalls probably will be single sex only. Small, one person restrooms may be used by anyone but are completely private. Showers may be open air or closed gang showers that can be used by anyone at any time. Some resorts also have private enclosed showers.
As a side note; when showering in a gang shower, you never know who may join you or what gender they may happen be. I've had some interesting conversations with members of the opposite sex while showering. This is just one of the many benefits of nudism.

This post was edited

To all these great answers I will only add that that's the biggest difference between the "rustic" and the "commercial" nudist resort.
At the rustic (aka the "Mom and Pop") resort you're more much more likely to find coed everything and a nude staff. I was a bit "put off" the first time I went to BA and saw that they had coed bathrooms. Stalls for the toilets, but everything else open. But I personally quickly got used to it pretty quickly.

You just have to figure out what designation fits the resort you've visiting; and which you're more comfortable with.

This post was edited

Open unisex showers are common at resorts (usually by the pools), but we've seen both unisex and separate bathrooms.

The member-owned club near us (Solair) has a unisex bathroom with individual closed stalls. The person at the main office may or may not be nude or at least topless. The staff at the grill are clothed (I'm sure by Department of Health requirements). Tours are done by volunteer members who are nude.

This post was edited

As a side note; when showering in a gang shower, you never know who may join you or what gender they may happen be. I've had some interesting conversations with members of the opposite sex while showering. This is just one of the many benefits of nudism.

hahaha ... only thing keeping us from continuing some of these great conversations with both sexes, while in the gang showers, is the need to conserve water! But we usually continued our conversations while drying off and then ... we've almost always been invited or invited these new friends back to our room or RV for some continued socializing.

We've both commented that some will ask ... "where did you all meet?" We should, but we don't tell them ... "While in the shower!" :D When those at the nude resorts ask that question and we answer ... "in the shower," they completely understand!

This post was edited

We've visited countless resorts and clubs and in all cases, except for one, we've found that even in a nudist environment, separate toilets and bathroom facilities are provided which, in our opinion, is the right thing to do. Regardless of our willingness to be nude in the company of strangers, using the toilet in private is something the vast majority of nudists prefer to do. The one facility we did visit that did have coed toilets and would be considered rustic. Since we would be in our motorhome while visiting this particular nudist resort, we'd confine our toilet use to our motorhome toilet.Co-ed showers are usually the norm but we have seen where both coed open showers and private showers in the restrooms are available. With some nudists preferring to groom body hair; pubic area, legs, etc. , and not be watched, the private showers in the men's and women's restrooms provide that for these nudists. Others have no problem grooming their pubic areas in front of others and they don't mind doing so in the coed, open showers.Being nudists and being naked with strangers shouldn't mean that you give up all privacy issues and situations. Using the toilet is a privacy issue and having separate facilities for men and women is something, we're sure, most ... if not ALL men and women would prefer. Take that portion of privacy away and insist on coed toilet facilities and you'll see even more women leave nudism/naturism.Nude resort, club staff dress varies. Most times, we've encountered mostly dressed staff members. Many of these staff members aren't even nudists! At our club, the office staff encounters outside vendors constantly and in an effort not to embarrass, upset or force their nudity on these textiles, they remain clothed or covered most of the day. The upside to our club's office staff, they are all residents of the club and are nudists.

Andydi is right on the money. My personal experience has been the same.

This post was edited

I have never been to a nudist resort and I was wondering how the bathrooms are since everyone is already naked? And how do the staff dress( if they dress)?

Like you have read many places are different.
We have stayed at the former Mystic Oaks in Southern California where they had outdoor showers as well as segregated toilets and indoor showers. No community showers. However, most women did not hesitate to walk into the shower area if they had to tell their husband something ... LOL. Same with the wife of the owner. The toilets had stalls and doors so you had privacy.

At Glen Eden they have both types of showers. Several private shower areas and a few community showers where around six can use them at the same time. All the toilets are private, though. It was always more interesting using the community showers. You could meet more people, maybe have a short conversation and get to know the residents. If you're at the club to be naked then you should have no hesitancy in showering with them too. After water volleyball we all rushed into the showers together and took turn washing off and chatting.

How the staff dresses or not all depends on what the front office is like and what management decrees.

This post was edited

It's already been said, most toilets are separated unless in a remote area they may only have a one stall. Showers are usually co-ed but if that's sqweemish for u, then go when nobody else is there. While talking one gal asked me to soap her back which I politely did, just so she could tell her husband and make a joke out of it later. Nothing more than that. You need to stop asking questions and visit a resort.

This post was edited