RE:Do you have a pet peeve?

This isn't really a "Pet" peeve. just an observation.I just checked out the "Good Morning" thread.Post after post of "Great day here" "Wonderful weather here" "the temperature here is" "60" here- "70" here - "sunny here" - etc. etc.sounds great but no one actually says where they are.If someone gives a weather report shouldn't they give a location of that weather,NO I AM NOT GOING TO CHECK THEIR PROFILES,Hi Thomas , good afternoon.......by definition you did just post a pet peeve with a side order of critique and personal Preference.On topic ::: Facebook live becoming the new public shaming tool for causes to go viral.Norm

Top definition
pet peeve
Something that is maybe a bit annoying to most people but is very annoying or upsetting to a particular person.
Related to the word peeve meaning an annoyance or grievance, a pet peeve is something that a person has adopted(like a pet) to be extra annoying or upsetting to them. Like a pet, they pay a lot of attention to this peeve and may talk about it a lot and share funny pictures of it on the internet.

Like a pet, they pay a lot of attention to this peeve and may talk about it a lot and share funny pictures of it on the internet.

Norm
I deliberately used quotes to emphasize the word pet. This is a minor annoyance NOT a "PET" peeve.

This post was edited

Overcomplication or oversimplification of an issue!

This post was edited

One of my peeves is pedantry - overstatement of the definition of certain word like "pet"!
But my pet peeve is nudists who judge other nudists who think differently from themselves, especially it they quote/use scripture or religion to justify themselves. We are all different, just make room for others.

This post was edited

If I hear or see "jaw dropping" one more time I'm going to puke!!

This post was edited

And a few more:

Pacific is a freakin' Ocean!! Specific please! You don't say pacify when you mean specify, so you can't say you don't know better.
There are only 2 "a"s in Paprika Pap-ri-ka NOT PapArika - it doesn't run around with a camera chasing celebrities.
Similarly Turmeric - it has an "r" in it! NOT toomeric.
(And some of the Food network people are the worst and should know better.
Then there's Worcestershire Sauce. Now this one is sort of forgivable, but by now everyone really ought to know better - I think some just do it on purpose to be obnoxious. It's pronounced Wooster-sheer OK? Pretty simple. (And Lea and Perrins only please - the rest are just nasty fakes that don't even taste close to the original and some of them aren't even cheap fakes!!) (No, I'm not in the UK.)

This post was edited

Not a "PET" peeve, just a minor annoyance.
People who do not have an original creative thought of their own so they copy other peoples ideas.
For instance a "Pet Peeve Thread" and/or an "Alphabetical Thread Game".
I am annoyed by copy cats that are too dumb to think for themselves.

This post was edited

Not a "PET" peeve, just a minor annoyance.People who do not have an original creative thought of their own so they copy other peoples ideas.For instance a "Pet Peeve Thread" and/or an "Alphabetical Thread".I am annoyed by copy cats that are too dumb to think for themselves.

It's obvious, originality is not in their vocabulary.

This post was edited

YUP!! No brainer copycat.

This post was edited

Yea.....sometimes my "pet peeves" by the door if I'm not paying attention!

This post was edited