RE:Confession Time

The truth shall set you free. Just go with it and let the chips fall where they may. I'm guessing there may be one or two people who will be huffy about it but, to the majority, it'll be no big deal. And it'll blow over even with the huffy ones once they become friends with your wife.

This post was edited

This is Mrs.E. I appreciate the kind words and support. This is a scary step for me because I am generally a very private and conservative person. For me, nudity had been something to be shared only within certain closed parameters, with a limited valued few. I am choosing to do this now because its so important to my husband and I dont want to be excluded from any more gatherings or holiday activities. I want to meet the people he knows as friends and its become very important to me that I am acknowledged as a significant part of his life. 10.5 years is long enough to be invisible. This is my second marriage and while I adore and cherish my husband, I also have body image baggage from my past that I have difficulty looking past. Ive been told repeatedly that nudists /naturists are accepting people so Im taking deep breaths and giving it a try. Nudity has never bothered me; Ive worked in healthcare for many years. Its my being nude in front of otherssocial nuditythat Ive struggled with. Thank you for the encouragement. I look forward to meeting some of you in the near future.

This post was edited

This is Mrs.E. I appreciate the kind words and support. This is a scary step for me because I am generally a very private and conservative person. For me, nudity had been something to be shared only within certain closed parameters, with a limited valued few. I am choosing to do this now because its so important to my husband and I dont want to be excluded from any more gatherings or holiday activities. I want to meet the people he knows as friends and its become very important to me that I am acknowledged as a significant part of his life. 10.5 years is long enough to be invisible. This is my second marriage and while I adore and cherish my husband, I also have body image baggage from my past that I have difficulty looking past. Ive been told repeatedly that nudists /naturists are accepting people so Im taking deep breaths and giving it a try. Nudity has never bothered me; Ive worked in healthcare for many years. Its my being nude in front of otherssocial nuditythat Ive struggled with. Thank you for the encouragement. I look forward to meeting some of you in the near future.

Mrs, E, I have to say your commitment on this and desire to support your husband is awesome. My wife has supported me in much the same way. Nudity is not really her thing but she is not shy and goes to resorts with me periodically. My wife has large surgical scars could easily create body image issues but she has found people dont care, notice or they become a story to share. She has also found that just about everyone has something they could take issue with. She has not regretted it and now asks to go with me occasionally. Mt friends at Laguna Del Sol now often ask where she is when I go by myself. It may or may not turn out to be your thing but either way I believe you will not regret it.

This post was edited

Body issues might be easier to handle with this attitude. If the issue is evident when clothed, then being nude should not matter. So many times the clothing we wear does not cover our issue, but does give us a sense of security. Mine come from obesity sneaking up on me and clothes do not hide that. It the issue is more intimate, go to You Tube and do a search for "Naked Attraction." It might make you feel more comfortable with what your normal is.

This post was edited

WOW! What a tangled web we weave (he says looking from Europe, 5000 miles away). I'm surprised that the club accepts single males but rejects lone married men. It's the other way round here - seeing single men as more threatening. It is common for a couple to go to a CO venue or beach with the man naked whilst the lady is clothed. It is a good way to introduce the ladies to nudism - to boost our numbers and redress the male/female imbalance. Possibly more important, it gives those with body image problems a chance to see the other nudists and (usually) discover they have similar bodies but still confidently naked.

I agree with the others that you should just come clean. If they spurn you they are not really your friends, are they? When I was exposed to my village as a nudist I was advised not to go into the village pub. But I ignored the advice, went to the pub and bought everyone a drink. The point is that the people that know me just took a sharp intake of breath and then carried on as if nothing was unusual. Your friends know you and appreciate your full, rounded personality.

Incidentally the naughty part of me thought you could play a game: introduce your wife as a new fianc, joining into your lifestyle. I think you love each other deeply enough to carry that off. And it would cover her uncertainty on joining the nude lifestyle. But that's just me being naughty.

This post was edited

Does it really matter! what was u doing as a single person to make people care. It makes no sense . If you are married and she is ok for u to hang with a bunch of guys then she not going to worry what you did . And why would bunch of people care if u was married . I feel I wasted my life reading it !

This post was edited

Never should have lied in the first place. However, you cannot turn back time, so... Your best bet is to just come clean with everyone. Then, promise yourself, your wife, and your God that you will never lie again. There is a reason for lying to be a sin. It really complicates your life, and it leaves a great tarnish on you in the eyes of others that you can never fully clean away.

Besides, sometimes the truth is way more hilarious or interesting.

This post was edited

Hey buddy, I would say it need courage to confess the things wish we did .... would not say mistakes as u didn't do it intentionally. But sometimes it happens with everyone and I am sure if u try to explain the thing to your near once( like ur friend), he would understand the situation u face and won't mind it. So just tell him directly...he will accept u definitely.
:)

This post was edited
RE:Confession Time/ update

Tomorrow we will venture out to my wife's first social nudist event. It will not be at the resort that I attend. One of the friends that I have made at the resort has land that is private enough to have a few friends over for the weekend. My wife has met the hosts and we have visited the property ( clothed). She seemed comfortable with both the hosts and the area. Now for the moment of truth, meeting the rest of the group that I regularly spend time with at the resort.

This post was edited
RE:Confession Time/ update

Tomorrow we will venture out to my wife's first social nudist event. It will not be at the resort that I attend. One of the friends that I have made at the resort has land that is private enough to have a few friends over for the weekend. My wife has met the hosts and we have visited the property ( clothed). She seemed comfortable with both the hosts and the area. Now for the moment of truth, meeting the rest of the group that I regularly spend time with at the resort.

I mislead our club in the beginning. If you're married, your wife MUST visit with you and tour naked with you and a club host. She was not ready to visit or join the club. Like any other nude venue, I do my best to visit it alone first, check it out and decide whether or not it's a good fit for us and that my wife will feel comfortable. Our club was no exception.

In all honesty, when we checked in at the front office couple years after my first visit alone, a coupe of the ladies who recognized me asked who my wife was. I responded, "this is my wife and she's ready to check the club out and we'll most likely join at the end of the day" They never said anything about me visiting alone on prior visits. I think they were more excited about another couple joining the club.

Others that I'd met the dozens of times I'd visited alone, asked who my wife was and I said, "this is my wife, Di." A couple said, "I never knew you were married!" Explaining our situation was moot. They were just happy to see another female nudist join the club.

I think there are many, many guys that are in your flip flops or that have been in similar situations and they will not only understand but sympathize. ;-)

This post was edited