Confession Time

I have come to enjoy nudism more and more. I like my nudist friends probably more than my textiles friends. Which brings me to a confession time. I am married and have been for some time. My wife knew before we were married that I was a nudist and that I would occasionally visit a nudist resort near by. When it is just the two of us at home she accepts my nudity around the house and will occasionally join me. Up to this point she has not wanted to join me in social nudity. As I have come to enjoy social nudity more, I have spent more time away from the house. We talk about my time after each visit I tell her about my nudist friends and what I do at the resort. My wife has realized how I cherish social nudity and now wants to join me. She wants to get to know the friends that I have made. This will be a giant step for her. I look forward to supporting her as she steps into this part of my life.

My confession is that I have been married for over ten years. I have portrayed myself as single to my nudist friends. I have done this because before I remarried I started to visit a resort that was single male friendly but not friendly to married males flying solo. I wanted to continue to visit this resort but at the time I knew my wife would not join me even though she knew every time I was there. At the time listing myself as a single male seemed like the simple solution. Yes, I told my wife about this plan as well. And that was fine with her until I wanted to spend more and more time there. I have also listed myself as single on this site because some of my friends here are also members of the resort I visit. Now, as my wife takes these first few steps into social nudity with me, I want to acknowledge her and change my status to married.

All comments are welcome. I know not all will be positive. However, I hope I will get support from my friends and others that I have come to respect here as I support my wife in joining me here.

This topic was edited
RE:Confession Time

It looks to me like the least painful solution to your problem would involve some more deception. Tell the people at the club you were recently married.

This post was edited

I could but if my wife does get to know my resort friends then that would be just another story to keep track of. Eventually the truth would come out. Besides, I believe I have behaved very well and have made good friends. Hopefully that will not change.

This post was edited

Come clean. Your friends have gotten to know you and if they are true friends, they will fully understand. If they shun you, they were not friends at all. Keeping a lie going is exhausting and as you have said, eventually the truth will be learned.

This post was edited

If they are truly friends that know you explain to them what you just posted. Though awkward be a real friend to them and come clean, get a restart to this thing. Something to consider is doing this but not in the presence of your wife. She has enough to work through with her reluctance let alone putting her in an awkward setting right out of the gate.

This post was edited

I think it would go over fairly well, Just tell them you have been posing as single in nude venues because your wife was not interested in joining you in nudist places, but now shes coming around to be interested so you are changing your status.

This post was edited

I agree and relate to you. I think you explained it in a responsible way and most will understand. I do, my wife isnt interested in social nudity and I am. I have decided not to interact with other nudist in person so I dont have to make up a story about why she wont join me. She would be fine with me having nudist friends and is fine with others nude but it not necessarily something she relates to. Any, my point is most of us have obstacles to overcome and we all have a story. No judgment here. Glad shes on board with you.

This post was edited

Being totally truthful is always best. Sounds like a respectable story to me.
Good friends should be understanding.
If you have friends that don't accept your explanation, then they are just being shallow! No need to worry about them!
Just be happy your wife is joining you in your lifestyle.

This post was edited

I relate to your dilemma as a dad. I work hard at teaching my sons to be honest, but at times ask them to lie as well, which seems wrong to me. I explain that it's because workers have to follow rules from people who don't know what's going on. No one cares if you just had your 16th birthday or will have it three months, but if the rule is 16, say you're 16 because I think you're mature enough for it.

If you've lied to policy people, tell them what they need to hear to do their jobs. As far as your friends, they should understand you're the same person with or without your wife. At the same time, dynamics change when you're part of a couple vs. single, so be prepared to migrate from some friends while making new ones. Be honest, let things evolve, and enjoy your naked freedom!

This post was edited

An interesting conundrum. Think I agree with the others, fess up and explain, good friends will understand and who knows some of them may have had reluctant partners too, it is pretty common. And well done to your wife on taking that next step in joining you and having the courage to be nude amongst others.

This post was edited
I RE:Confession Time

Seems to me that if what is the major thing about nudists being accepting is true then they will all understand. Friends are friends indeed only if they are willing to listen to reason regarding why someone might be a bit deceptive. We are all less than perfect. It seems to me that since your spouse has been so accepting of your lifestyle that any friends that are less accepting and understanding of the reason for your deception they are not really friends at all.
I would wager that this is all a non issue at all.
However you choose to handle it. Good for you!
I wish that my spouse would give it a shot. I am sure she would be astounded by the acceptance.

This post was edited