RE:LETS ASK TRUE NUDISTS TO GET RID OF THE PRIVATE OPTION

I agree on getting rid of private profiles and requiring certification after a trial period. Regarding pictures though, as others have said its a complex matter. For me I dont really care who sees me when I control when and where I might be seen but being told I have to be seen is kind of creepy to me. Why do others HAVE TO see all of me?

But certification requires a nude photo including your face. That is the only reason I have not become certified. Even if in theory, only administrators can access them, I still have concerns that the site could be hacked and the pictures could wind up elsewhere.

This post was edited

I find private profiles annoying. Not sure we should ban them. Might just be better to shun them somehow. On a personal level just scroll on by. But maybe the site could limit them to discourage the practice

This post was edited

Here's the only solution: Start your own website, make your own rules. This isn't a democracy, the owners make the decisions, and if one doesn't like the rules, the door is an easy exit.

Though I have had my issues with the site and the inconsistencies and hypocrisy of the Admin/Owners, I agree with this statement. I will admit that the inconsistencies and hypocrisy have lessened, it is still present. I happen to run my groups a bit more tight shipped than many others do. I get the same demands put on me about what I should do in and for my groups and members. I tell all of those the same thing; "go start your own group." I'm glad the owners do not force me to run my groups the way they run the site.

In every situation and every nudist site I've belonged to, there are always those that want the site or owners to run it the way they want it run. These sites are run the way the owners want it to run and are usually run with their particular philosophies as the rule and enforcement of their own particular opinions.

Private profiles never get to join any of my groups. Private profiles get blocked. I'm not sure the purpose of a Private profile except for them being of the mentality that, "show me yours but I'm not showing you mine." Seems pretty dumb for someone visiting and becoming a member of a nudist website.

This post was edited

derekWQ wrote:opps I forgot to say first you must have an image to obscure, my concern is people with NO PICTURES

Yet, your own profile picture is your legs wide open with your crotch dead center. Your profile picture negates your argument.

This post was edited

derekWQ wrote:opps I forgot to say first you must have an image to obscure, my concern is people with NO PICTURESYet, your own profile picture is your legs wide open with your crotch dead center. Your profile picture negates your argument.

I first want to patt JeepNude on the back for their reply post. There is a difference in a nudist photo to share and a photo of a crotch shot coming across as exhibition, sexual invitation, or just bad taste. I can bet that all nudist already know what sex organs look like.
Yes i'm fairly new to TruNu but by no means to the belief and practice of being a nudist. 34+ years as nudist for those that want to know. My main reason for being here is to find other nudist to make friends with. I have come to feel the same about private profiles as i do about blank profiles. Even if i take time to chat with them, i still have no idea who they are. I have heard said once you befriend a private profile you will be able to see everything about them. I feel that is asking someone to trust you on who you are while they see what they want. I don't mean photos so much either. I am and have been a nudist a long time so i don't care who sees my photos. I do still have a few listed as 'certified friends only' right now from advice from others, but they will soon all be moved to 'certified only'

I would love to be able to make good friends on here, but as for non-certified profile, no way to know who they are. For private profiles, feels like i am to ask for their approval and acceptance before knowing anything about them.

mark_870

This post was edited

I wouldnt mind one additional option for locking media: All but private profiles to be between Public and Friends only. As for the demands for certification and nude pics... it is alway the single guys calling for this. Add this and you will be alone on the site. If it werent for the lockdowns we would be at our local resort this weekend rather than inventing new ways to make our deck more private (photography backdrop stands with cheap canvas dropcloths seem to be working great, btw). We know plenty of nudists in real life already (Including from this site), so leaving this site would be no big loss.

This post was edited

I don't understand yes I was laying in the sun and that picture is just a natural pose nothing bad about it so whats the problem with it??

This post was edited

I don't understand yes I was laying in the sun and that picture is just a natural pose nothing bad about it so whats the problem with it??
Agreed

This post was edited

Agreed

This post was edited

I don't interact with private profiles for the same reasons that I don't, as a gay man, care to interact with closeted gays:

I don't want to be the custodian of other people's secrets.
I don't want to deal with their fears, real or not.
I don't want to step into what is evidently a marginal part of someone's life.
I don't feel supported in being open about a part of my life by someone who's not doing the same.

A private profile may be part of somebody's journey, and I can't judge that. What I can do is recognize that it's not worth my time and energy to interact.

This post was edited