Poor example of nudism

I am on a road trip in the southern US escaping Indiana winter. I use Airbnb to find places to stay. I just had 4 wonderful nights experiencing southern hospitality from a widowed too young lady. We were trading stories of past guests and she shared she had a guy described himself as " easy on the eye" in his request to stay. He also asked if she had an opinion on nudism. Which she responded that she really had never given much thought. Shortly after he got there he came out from his room totally naked with a tiny towel and sat down on her leather sofa. She happened to have another female there at the time and the guy made sure that they both got a full view. Plus he would wander around and stand in front of largr windows that were in clear view of neighbors. She said she and her friend took it in stride but that she was not too pleased with his antics and left him a negative review.
After that I shared with her some of my nude hosting experiences and she was amused and laughed, but I also assured her that I would not be traipsing around her home nude.

This topic was edited
RE:Poor example of nudism

I also assured her that I would not be traipsing around her home nude.

Sounds like that guy was a real jerk. I'm sure she appreciated your more respectful approach.

This post was edited

I hope somebody took the trouble to explain to her that what her guest was doing was not nudism but exhibitionism. It looked like he was going out of his way to be seen, and didn't take into account how is viewers might be feeling about it.

This post was edited

An example of exhibitionism, somebody like this must leave directly.

This post was edited

Oddly enough or perhaps ironically I view exhibitionist male or female like the average textiles view us true nudist.

This post was edited

There's a lot of truth in that. Mostly because of the media, I think.

This post was edited

There are many people who consider themselves nudists but it's really about something else...

I have a friend who is close with a couple who consider themselves nudists and who tell other people they are nudists. But when listening to my friend talk about their behavior it is apparent that they have no experience with nonsexual social nudity or any philosophy of naturism but it is really just a ploy to get people to have group sex with them if they have guests to their home who they think would be receptive.

I'm not one to say they don't enjoy clothes free life or that they need to bow to my definition of the word "nudist," but a more appropriate title for their lifestyle would be "swingers." By my textile friend's description it was apparent that her experience with them made her equate the word nudist with nude people trying to set up conditions for sex by being nude.

People should do whatever they want to do. But clouding the space between the two concepts leads to confusion. I have brought this particular friend to the nude beach and she loved it. But prior to going I think she was very nervous that nudism was a sex thing and the only thing that got her to go was my word that it actually isn't. She loved the beach, but prior to the beach I could see her telling people incorrectly that nudism was a sex thing, and that works against naturism.

This post was edited