RE:Nature walking

If you are comfortable nude and walking alone or with others who are agreeable, the freedom and comfort of being nude in nature is enough reason, without need of being seen.

This post was edited

That's very true and I didn't expect to be seen along the dirt track park through the trees, which is a walk way but not publically used a lot. It's not a well maintained walkway which is why I thought it would have been okay.

This post was edited

Yes I agree, why would one want to be naked in the woods unless they're an exhibitionist, it's certainly not for sunbathing.

There is something very connective between the world around us and the psyche from a walk in nature while in one's natural state. Exhibitionism speaks to a need to be seen by others when they don't necessarily expect to encounter a naked person, and for the exhibitor to derive a sexual reaction from the exposure. By being in the natural world, a nudist can receive many benefits that have not a thing to do with sex. A suntan is far from the only reason to be bare in the forest - vitamin D is absorbed without as much danger from the sun when it's being gotten through a forest canopy, just to name one benefit.

This post was edited

Yes I agree, why would one want to be naked in the woods unless they're an exhibitionist, it's certainly not for sunbathing.

Our home resort -- Solair -- has 300 acres of wooded trails. We take or Greyhounds for walks there in the nude because its the only place we can do that. We have many fair-skinned nudists as well as melanoma survivors at Solair who want nothing to do with being out in the sun... should they stop being nudists?

This post was edited

Yes I agree, why would one want to be naked in the woods unless they're an exhibitionist, it's certainly not for sunbathing.Our home resort -- Solair -- has 300 acres of wooded trails. We take or Greyhounds for walks there in the nude because its the only place we can do that. We have many fair-skinned nudists as well as melanoma survivors at Solair who want nothing to do with being out in the sun... should they stop being nudists?

You're speaking to at least 2 who agree wholeheartedly with you. Di has had a melanoma removed and several other basal cell carcinomas removed. She can tan beautifully with the rest of us olive skinned people, but she is fair skinned and with these skin cancers being removed, she's not taking any chances with anymore, especially another melanoma.

When we go to our club, other clubs or resorts, Di is always under an umbrella. She can and does get reflective sunlight from the adjacent swimming pool, lake, etc., but no more sunbaking. When we go for a walk, she's always in a SPF shirt. Most times it's unbuttoned unless we are facing the sun.

We used to visit a local club/resort out in our local desert. Recently, they went clothing optional and there are now more people wearing clothes than there are naked people. They've ruined that club/resort. We loved going there and doing some naked hiking on the multiple trails leading out into the state park from the resort. Looks like we'll have to save those naked hikes for Anza Borrego State Park and Death Valley Nat'l Park.

This post was edited

Hey Andy, dont forget the hike I told you about. After this winters rains, the stream and swimming holes will be fantastic!

Don

This post was edited

Hey Andy, dont forget the hike I told you about. After this winters rains, the stream and swimming holes will be fantastic!Don

Thanks Don! Haven't forgotten. Hope you're doin' well.

This post was edited

Yes I agree, why would one want to be naked in the woods unless they're an exhibitionist, it's certainly not for sunbathing.There is something very connective between the world around us and the psyche from a walk in nature while in one's natural state. Exhibitionism speaks to a need to be seen by others when they don't necessarily expect to encounter a naked person, and for the exhibitor to derive a sexual reaction from the exposure. By being in the natural world, a nudist can receive many benefits that have not a thing to do with sex. A suntan is far from the only reason to be bare in the forest - vitamin D is absorbed without as much danger from the sun when it's being gotten through a forest canopy, just to name one benefit.

I always knew there could have been a possibility of being seen by someone, however, I'd researched the quite areas beforehand. In my area od the country there are not that many places to go like nude clubs or whatever one would call them, and another thing is that I've heard that singles are not allowed in these places anyway, which put me off even trying to get in. It does seem then that people have bad ideas about nature and nudism, so maybe the law should ban it worldwide so everyone must be clothed 24/7.

This post was edited

We used to visit a local club/resort out in our local desert. Recently, they went clothing optional and there are now more people wearing clothes than there are naked people. They've ruined that club/resort. We loved going there and doing some naked hiking on the multiple trails leading out into the state park from the resort. Looks like we'll have to save those naked hikes for Anza Borrego State Park and Death Valley Nat'l Park.

andy-

is the resort you are talking about DSR in palm springs? if so, i had heard that they were "reversing direction" on this as opposed to the resort in FL which is going from CO to "nudity required"

if it is DSR and that is the result, i suspect i won't be flying to palm springs anymore to go there. while my wife is not a nudist she did attend with me and was more comfortable at their "quiet pool" where she could cover up some, but i enjoyed the mostly nude atmosphere. it is a shame that is now lost.

This post was edited

I was having a relaxing afternoon in the local woods. I thought I'd found an area that I'd not get disturbed, however this evening to my surprise a adult woman walking through with somebody else, which I didn't see so could have been her saying to her pet dog come on this way! I don't know, but she saw me before I saw her and she then said come on lets go back. It's clear to me that women still have a problem with nudism. That's probably spoiled my walkway adventures now! I did not approach her and I didn't want to frighten her but had she of talked to me I'd of explained there is no need to worry about me being naked, its natural and normal. One woman recently told me that once she got to know me and was comfortable around me she had no problem with me being naked. I just wish women would accept we are all human and want the freedom of expression and just get along with all concerned. What do other ladies think about this?

Although i am a nudist girl, if i were in the woods in a non-nudist area and i came across a naked man appearing out of nowhere in the bushes i would certainly get away as quickly as possible.

This post was edited