RE:Ever nude in front of non nudist friends?

Over the years I have travelled with non-nudist friends - both male and female - with whom I have never had intimate relationships. As we have been sharing rooms - and as sleeping naked is a non-negotiable feature of my persona - it has been unavoidable that I have exposed them to my naked body in its full glory. I have never sprung this as a surprise to anyone of them. All first-time travel companions have been duly informed in advance - and offered the option of separate rooms. Nobody has ever opted for the separate room. One of my travel companions became more regular than the others. While not converting to nudism - she became more and more comfortable with my nudity and as a result I spent more and more time naked in the room - even during daytime. She started displaying some nudity herself by not sneaking into the bathroom when changing clothes and by not closing the bathroom door when showering. She also started joining me to nude beaches whenever we encountered them during our travels. And when the beach was not crowded and we had our own corner - she skinny-dipped with me - but would not do it in front of strangers ...

This post was edited
RE: Ever nude in front of non nudist friends?

I've been in this situation a few times. I traveled cross-country three times with a (female) friend, and there were two beds in the camper. I took one, and she took the other. There was no sexual involvement. She saw me naked every day when I went to bed or got up in the morning, and had no problem with that, although she chose to wear a nightgown. That might might have been because she was a breast cancer survivor, and might have felt self-conscious about the scars from that.

And I've been in situations in hot-tubbing where there was the occasional person who declined the opportunity to be nude. But we respected that.

I hope to be installing a small hot tub and will be inviting my friends over to share it. It will be understood that I'll be naked, but it's up to them to decide whether to be naked or not.

This post was edited

I hope to be installing a small hot tub and will be inviting my friends over to share it. It will be understood that I'll be naked, but it's up to them to decide whether to be naked or not.

Post the same rules above your hot tub that I hung 24yrs ago:. House Rules. 1. Use common sense. 2. No swimsuits allowed. I have done a pretty good job of enforcing them and as a result gotten many textiled friends and passing travelers to strip down

This post was edited

I just say that nudity is required because the detergents left in any kind of clothing throw the chemical balance off. It does not matter much because it is almost never a communal affair.

This post was edited

I have not heard that. Is there any source beyond word-of-mouth about this?

This post was edited

I just say that nudity is required because the detergents left in any kind of clothing throw the chemical balance off. It does not matter much because it is almost never a communal affair.I have not heard that. Is there any source beyond word-of-mouth about this?

As a hot tub owner that occassionally has people wearing suits in it (young Nieces and Nephews birthday pool parties) I can attest to how it degrades the water quality in the hot tub (Pool is big enough, not so much). After one of these parties, I generally just drain the hot tub and refill with clean water. The water becomes quite cloudy from the laundry detergent. While defoamer can take care of the soap bubbles, it takes a good shock and clarifier treatment to clear the cloudy water, and it's not still not nearly as crystal clear as it should be. Easier to just drain, clean, refill, as it usually about that time anyway.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

I'm worried, if I post that sign, that my gf will not get naked and therefore none of our friends would go in the tub with us. I am confident that she would be nude with me by ourselves, but she is a private person.

Not having friends join me in the tub kind of lowers my interest in having one. I want to be social too.

This post was edited

I'm in a quandary about this. On the one hand, I'd want to make sure that there was no excessive soap or detergent in the hot tub, to make maintenance easier and to conserve water (a serious consideration in our current California drought). On the other hand, I consider that, as a host, it is my duty to make sure that guests are comfortable, and would not want them to feel that they are welcome.

Maybe the solution is to insist that, if they wish to wear garments in the hot tub, they run them through their washing machines first, without adding soap. That way, they'll get rinsed twice: once during the wash cycle, and once during the rinse cycle. I expect that this will reduce the impact of detergents on the water.

This post was edited

I notice that almost all of the firms that sell the smaller hot tubs recommend that users take a bath or shower beforehand. Would skipping that step be the cause of the water getting dirty?When I shared a house with a hot tub, I don't remember that being a requirement. But then, most of us soaked in the nude.

Body oils will take there toll, especially when heavy applications of lotion are invovled, but it is no where near what laundry soap, body soap, make-up, and shampoo do.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

For all that has or had swimming pools they know the art of keeping the water clean and balanced . I never knew a person that wanted to get into a hot tub that wasn't clean or in pristine looking water. It's a different thing to maintaining a 100 degree pretty much a bath than a pool.

It's worth for some for aches and pains and some it is not practical. What I can say in our nudist experience is... build it and they will come !

This post was edited