Why do so many accept hundreds of 'friends' and then never speak to any of them?

Question is why do so many here accept so many 'friends' and then never reply to any message or act like civil people? Seems like nudism only works in the real world as most people would never act this way in person.

This topic was edited
RE: Why do so many accept hundreds of 'friends' and then never speak to any of them?

Maybe some people think that this is similar to Facebook or Twitter.

This post was edited
RE: Why do so many accept hundreds of 'friends' and then never speak to any of them?

To boost their ego that so many people like them.

This post was edited

They are called "Friend's Collectors.
This is what I have posted in my profile and yet they still send me friend's request. I just deny them :) and move on with life:
PLEASE HAVE A FULL PROFILE BEFORE YOU SEND ME A FRIENDS REQUEST. IF YOUR PROFILE IS COMPLETELY BLOCKED, DON'T SEND ME A FRIENDS REQUEST. IF YOU LIVE ACROSS THE WORLD, MORE LIKELY I WON'T GET TO MEET YOU, SO DON'T SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST. IF YOU HAVE THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF FRIENDS, PLEASE DON'T SEND ME A FRIENDS REQUEST.

This post was edited

One guy here has over 3000 friends ... most of them are young women
with pictures taken from the internet, I'm sure, so I'm guessing they are
guys posing as women. It's sad really. Same ol' response ...
"thanks for friending us." How does this guy keep up with all these
friends ... I'm sure he doesn't. I'm certain ALL he wants is to see the
"friends only" pictures. He could probablyjust log onto any nudist
tumblr and see those exact photos. :D

This post was edited

One guy here has over 3000 friends ... most of them are young womenwith pictures taken from the internet, I'm sure, so I'm guessing they areguys posing as women. It's sad really. Same ol' response ..."thanks for friending us." How does this guy keep up with all thesefriends ... I'm sure he doesn't. I'm certain ALL he wants is to see the"friends only" pictures. He could probablyjust log onto any nudisttumblr and see those exact photos. :DMost of these fake profiles have only one photo any way so you don't need to friend them to see the photo.

This post was edited

One guy here has over 3000 friends ... most of them are young womenwith pictures taken from the internet, I'm sure, so I'm guessing they areguys posing as women. It's sad really. Same ol' response ..."thanks for friending us." How does this guy keep up with all thesefriends ... I'm sure he doesn't. I'm certain ALL he wants is to see the"friends only" pictures. He could probablyjust log onto any nudisttumblr and see those exact photos. :DMost of these fake profiles have only one photo any way so you don't need to friend them to see the photo.... and many of them do not ... so that's the reason I posted what I posted.

This post was edited

And: The more friends you have, the higher you go in the
Popularity search result. And the more likely it is that when you
sort your friends list by last login, you will find that someone
you've clicked with (pun intended) is online at the moment, so that
you can contemplate a real-time interaction with them.

This post was edited

And: The more friends you have, the higher you go in thePopularity search result. And the more likely it is that when yousort your friends list by last login, you will find that someoneyou've clicked with (pun intended) is online at the moment, so thatyou can contemplate a real-time interaction with them.

Sounds like a good way to advertise maybe we need to start collecting "cyber friends" :) www.westhighlandretreat.Co. uk cheers

This post was edited

I go through my friend list periodically and will delete friends that have not logged on in a long time ... 6-8 months or longer. I figure they got tired of the site or ... something changed in their lives that they aren't able to visit the site any longer. At any rate, they can always request friendship again if they'd like.
I also think you gain and loose friendships on these sites for what you have to say on various topics. If the topics remained all about nudism, I think things would remain status quo, but if for any reason you comment on anything religious or political or there is definite differences in philosophy within ones profile that goes against your philosophies, that can get some "friends" bounced from your friends list.
My friends list hovers around 150. I don't hear from all of them but I do hear from well over half of them from time to time. Even if it's just a "hey, how's it going?" At least there's communication every so often. Others, we'll share communication via the forums or groups and that seems to take place of the private message communication that some might prefer. It doesn't matter to me, just as long as we are in touch with our friends here as often as we can.

This post was edited

The better question is, why are you so worried about what others are doing? If they want to "collect friends" as worded here, then that's their prerogative. All you need to do is deny their friend request (if you even got one) and keep it moving.

This is a nudist community. We're used to people judging us. Let's not do what they do and judge folks within our own community, especially on how they choose to use the site. Do what makes you happy, and stop judging others on what makes them happy.

This post was edited