RE: What's Cooking Today

Today will be my version of eggs Benedict. Ham, poached eggs on English muffin and covered with melted Colby cheese since I don't know how to make hollandaise sauce. I'll add my leftover home fries from the resteraunt last night

This post was edited

For me today. BACON!

Nothin' but BACON!

By the time wifey's out of bed, I'll be ready for a sandwich and a beer.

Maybe I'll just have the beer with my bacon!

Did you watch the Video MOW?

BTW, fried potatoes on toast? Is that a Brit thing? Never heard of it. Do you use catsup or some sauce?

This post was edited

For me today. BACON!Nothin' but BACON!By the time wifey's out of bed, I'll be ready for a sandwich and a beer.Maybe I'll just have the beer with my bacon!Did you watch the Video MOW?BTW, fried potatoes on toast? Is that a Brit thing? Never heard of it. Do you use catsup or some sauce?

Mashed potato leftover from yesterday's dinner. Put a little oil in the frying pan, when it's hot, spread the potato over the pan, about half inch thick. Fry until golden brown, toss and brown the other side. Place on top of toast and give a good splash of ketchup or HP sauce.

This post was edited

It's Sunday and on Sunday's I make eggs benedict. If I had some Baileys's i would have Baileys and hot cocoa. Don't do coffee much anymore.

This post was edited

Today will be my version of eggs Benedict. Ham, poached eggs on English muffin and covered with melted Colby cheese since I don't know how to make hollandaise sauce. I'll add my leftover home fries from the resteraunt last night

Hollandaise is really easy to make. 2 egg yokes, a big pat of soft or melted butter and a tablespoon of lemon juice. Before you poach your eggs (assuming you do it in a pot of boiling water not a microwave) and using a wisk and a small pan, wisk the egg yolks, butter and lemon juice over the boiling water holding the pan just above the water, not in it. Continue wisking (stirring gently) the mixture until you feel it start to thicken and then it's done. I separate the yolks from the whites by sifting it through my hands. My wife uses the egg whites in her scrambled eggs afterward. Easy Peasy! I sprinkle Cayenne pepper on top but some use Paprika

This post was edited

Started with French Roast, black!
Pared it with a double shot of aged rum slightly warmed in the microwave with a splash of extra dark pure cane syrup, (almost molasses)!
Main course, BACON! Only BACON Thick perfectly cooked BACON!
I'll finish it off with a cold orange juice with a spoonful of Metamusil added.
With breakfast over, I'm ready to move. :-)

This post was edited

This has made me hungry again. I made banana pancakes with syrup made by one of the neighbors from maple trees in town. I only get eggs Benedict when we go out to eat, but now with the easy steps to making the sauce, I just need to improve my poaching skills. Potatoes on toast? Never heard of that before, but putting two good things together can't be bad. Too bad we aren't all closer to have a nude pot luck breakfast.

This post was edited

Too bad we aren't all closer to have a nude pot luck breakfast.

This site needs a like button.

When I was in London I ordered a potato with beans. Thought it would be like baked beans with some kind of sauce but no. Just a potato with beans on it. Dry. Was disgusting.

This post was edited

I spent so much time thinking what to have for breakfast, I no longer feel hungry. Think I'll just have another cup of tea and a few biscuits. Maybe the wife will cook something when she wakes up.

This post was edited

Thanks Silversurfer

This post was edited