Have you ever told your parents you are a nudist

Have you ever told your parents you're a nudist?

This topic was edited
RE:Have you ever told your parents you are a nudist

Yes, they have known for a long time. As a kid I was only allowed to be naked in my own room, so really naked living had to wait until I moved out.
Now I am always naked in my own home. Of they want to visit, they call ahead, as they don't feel comfortable in a naked social setting.

This post was edited

There was no point to telling them. I was one of those kids that survived their childhood so was not close to my parents or sibs. Just played the role when I had too. They were ultra conservative and their religious beliefs would not permit open nudity. They both passed away recently. My older sister has a notion I am prone to it. Still there is no purpose in telling her either.

No way would my wife tell her parents. Her mom is ULTRA conservative. If you look up the definition in the dictionary of the word textile you will see a picture of her. It would bring worry and concern to her parents so it's not anywhere worth revealing it.

This post was edited

My mother was also pretty conservative but I also know she had a wild streak in her. She was two different people ... our mom at home and our mom away from home. I'd always heard some stories but I think she did her best to hide those with her ultra conservative thoughts and actions or reactions. Even if she knew, not sure we'd get a truthful answer to how she felt. Like Rock and others, it wasn't that important to us that either of our parents knew. We were beyond getting their permission to live life the way we saw fit! :D

This post was edited

My dad who passed at age 88 and a psychologist never understood why I enjoyed clothes-free living. My sister joined me before she married another nudist from who she is now divorced.

My mother would have done it. I did tell my MIL that Allen and I went skinnydipping a few times. She just giggled. My religious congregation knows as do most friends.

This post was edited

I didn't tell my parents that I was a nudist as they just found out when I was nude. My late father wasn't too happy over this but my mother excepts it now and sees me nude quite often.

This post was edited

My mother was also pretty conservative but I also know she had a wild streak in her. She was two different people ... our mom at home and our mom away from home. I'd always heard some stories but I think she did her best to hide those with her ultra conservative thoughts and actions or reactions. Even if she knew, not sure we'd get a truthful answer to how she felt. Like Rock and others, it wasn't that important to us that either of our parents knew. We were beyond getting their permission to live life the way we saw fit! :D

I have been there

This post was edited

I didn't get the opportunity as they both died before I called myself a nudist. my children do count. They all accept my nude lifestyle.

This post was edited

I can't recall how the subject came up but many years ago I told my mother about how nice it was to go to a nude beach. She thought it was just fine and told me that my father would skinnydip at our cottage after dark, and her own father slept nude every day of his adult life. I think she just learned that from her mother, I don't think he was nude around the kids. Looks like I inherited the predisposition and carried it a bit farther.

This post was edited

In 1954 my wife and three kids, (ages 5-3-and newborn) went to a nudist resort, Camp Goodland, Hackettstown, New Jersey for the first time. Afterwards I told my parents about it. They easily accepted the idea. They were born and raised in New Jersey. Nothing shocks Jerseyites

This post was edited

I didn't have to tell them - they were nudists and brought me up as one!

This post was edited