RE:What was the pros and cons of your first time visit to a nude beach or resort with your spouse.

My first experience at a nudist resort was a totally spur of the moment thing.I wanted to try something different,and being nude in the fresh air and sunshine sounded like an experience I would enjoy.I went in the middle of the week,so the place would be less crowded.
The only con was,I nearly changed my mind during the 2 hour drive.
Upon arriving,I checked in,payed my day fee,then went back to car to take my clothes off. As I strolled to the pool,the cool breeze caressing my flesh,I was hooked.I vowed to visit as many times as possible.
About 6 years ago,I introduced my then new wife to nude recreation.We now visit the nudist resorts together.

This post was edited
RE:What was the pros and cons of your first time visit to a nude beach or resort with your spouse.

My first experience was with my ex wife. It was not a nudist resort per say. I was stationed in Germany. All of the swimming pools near us the ladies would commonly go topless. My wife was not just reluctant but supposed to taking her top off. The first trip there she chose the place to lay down. We walked the entire grounds before she chose a spot. She could not find a spot where I would not be close to a topless female. Later, she wanted me to get us something to drink. As luck would have it I met a friend from work. He wanted me to stop by to meet his wife. I dropped off the drinks, told my wife what I was up to and made my way back to where my friend was. He was not too far away and still in view of my wife. This was good because half of my wife's issue was that I should not be seeing all of those topless women and she was keeping a close eye to make sure my eyes weren't wondering. My friend's wife had no such inhibitions. She was topless and very good looking. There I am with my wife keeping a close eye and meeting my friend's wife for the first time. Let me tell you I maintained serious eye contact. She had very green eyes. My wife and I returned to that pool several times during my stay in Germany. My wife realized that she was drawing more attention by leaving her top on. I was really surprised the first time she went topless. Living in Germany solidified my inclinations of how natural and beautiful nudity was. I was hooked. Unfortunately my ex was not. When we returned to the states there was no reason for her to take her top off much less anything else in public. I still have fond memories of that pool.

This post was edited

So best parts were seeing my wife make the decision herself and be so confident in it and meeting some great people. The hard part (maybe a con) was working hard to honor her wishes and not even accidentally bother her about participating.

I totally get that.

As I previously mentioned my first time at a nudist resort was with my ex at WTP in '96. At the time I'd considered it only a minimal success because she was maybe naked 10% of the time we were there. It felt like a strong "con" to have to honor her wishes to not be "pressed" about being nude as well.
That day, although mostly C/O, did end on a strong nudist note though. We were getting ready to leave - and I thought at that time that was probably going to be a one-time experience. I reluctantly opened the trunk to pull our clothes out; and that's when I heard the manager addressing my wife, asking her about her first-time experience and inviting us inside for a chat. We had just returned from the hottub so she was just wearing a towel. As I shut the trunk I glanced over at my wife, wondering how she was going to react. And I saw that she had dropped off her towel! She proceeded to the main office, nude; as I watched her with complete surprise and admiration. We chatted for a few moments, and my wife seemed completely comfortable interacting naked. She had chosen herself to have that bit of nudist interaction; I hadn't had anything to do with it. In spite of her reluctance I guess she just didn't want to leave without at least trying to be nude; and the owner talking to her presented her with that sudden opportunity to make "that leap."

Still, I thought this was a one-shot deal. But I managed to convince her to do an overnight stay at a resort while vacationing. We got there late and I expected another "10%" nude day. I went for an early morning naked jog; and when I came back to our bungalow, I found her naked on the patio waiting for me! And she stayed naked that entire day.

I guess sometimes what appears to be a "con" can turn into a "pro" in the long run. You can "lead them to the water"; and whether they take a little sip, or a big gulp, doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be a "pro or a con" in the long run.

This post was edited

... though my wife didn't jump right into interacting with others right away, she did have a long conversation with our Nude Beach Mom, Marianna Handler, the second or third visit. I was surprised at how much my wife was agreeing with Marianna on many naturist issues and ideals, even though my wife had only been a home/backyard nudist for close to 20 years at this point. I just sat and listened and was encouraged that my wife, with no social nudism experience, was speaking like a seasoned social nudist of so many years.

I also thought that that first visit to the beach would be one of very few and far between excursions but that first visit, when we were packing up to leave, I'd said, "this was fun, thanks for coming with me today!" My wife replied, "yeah, it was much better than I expected. Let's come back again soon." She suggested many of the future trips to the beach that summer.

This post was edited

... though my wife didn't jump right into interacting with others right away, she did have a long conversation with our Nude Beach Mom, Marianna Handler, the second or third visit.

It's interesting how much those interactions can lead to a progression.

For my ex, that bit of nude interaction with the very friendly and helpful WTP owner started her on the path to social nudity. But it would be meeting Cheri and a few other nudist women at the club that would set her on the path to "confident nudity." When she met them she had been nude at the resort and had interacted on a limited basis. But as far as being fully engaged and social in groups; well she still struggled with it. When she met them she was able to articulate her issues, discuss them and "absorb" their personal practical approach and philosophy. She subsequently found her confidence and was able to reconcile her extraverted and gregarious nature with social nudity.

I have to say; without the WTP owner, Cheri and a few other people, we just wouldn't have gone very far with nudism.

This post was edited

Our first time was a very good experience. We had been going nude at home for almost a year since we moved to Florida. I have always wanted to go to a resort and brought it up to my wife. I had done some research on Cypress Cove in Kissimmee and realized it was close to Disney. We had a 5k race planned in April, the Star Wars Darkside 5K, and were already going to be down in Orlando for that, we stayed at Disney Thursday night, but couldn't go to the parks because our passes were blacked out. We would be done at the race and checked out by 11am so what better time to go to Cypress than after that race?

My wife checked out the website, thought it was a place she could handle, so off we went. They gave us a great tour of their facilities, showed us all of the places, the pools, restaurants, bar, massage area, workout room, hair and nails, the store they have. The oddest part of it all was that everyone else was naked and here we were clothed!

After the tour, I left it up to my wife whether we would stay. She said, might as well. They have a private lake area with less people. I asked her if she wanted to go there to take our clothes off, she thought and said, no, might as well right here by the car.

We did go down to the lake at first to put on sunscreen, but then we headed to the pool area. Everyone was very nice and it was good to get something to drink to calm our nerves. Met some great folks and she was very comfortable. I got her a massage while we were there and she was hooked.

We are now members and heading back down there tomorrow (8/16) for another visit.

This post was edited

I would say ours was a good one. it was at St Martin, and it led to many more experiences. We now enjoy visiting new places and getting to know awesome folks.

This post was edited

I would say ours was a good one. it was at St Martin, and it led to many more experiences. We now enjoy visiting new places and getting to know awesome folks.

You can't go wrong in St. Martin. Club Orient was our first visit to a nude resort and beach. The biggest pro was Mrs J&C - she was out on the porch of our mini suite nude while I was still putting our stuff away! We met some nice people then who could tell we were new and invited us to dinner with them. We ran into them again on our first nude cruise, even though they originally said they weren't interested in cruising! The only con was that we planned for just a long weekend, just in case we wouldn't enjoy social nudity. The 3 nights flew by so fast. The last time we went to Club O, we stayed seven nights, and it still went by so fast!

This post was edited

Our first encounter was at a large bike ride near Council Bluffs, Ia that rides to a small town with a restaurant. We were on our way back and I decided to ride back early which never happens and this gal I had been talking to said she would ride back with me. Usually I stay and party with the organizers and the last 10-20 riders usually ride back naked. So me and this gal start riding and I said I had to pee and would catch up with her. It's past dark. I stopped briefly and removed my shorts to ride the way I usually do. I stayed just behind her so she couldn't see me behind my light. We rode for a good 45 min then I said I wanted to stop on the upcoming bridge I peddled ahead of her and heard her gasp as my naked butt came into view of her light. We stopped on the bridge and talked for a while and I told her about the usual naked antics of the others. Also got some hollars from others riding by as they noticed my nakedness in their lights. As we got on the bikes she removed her top and joined me. We rode all night. That was 14 yrs ago and we are now marred with two sons.

This post was edited

Our first common nude experience was years ago. Like in many, many cases; its often the man who introduces his wife to it.
Some time after we have met, I told her that I prefered to be naked on the beach rather than wearing a wet, cold swim suit.
One day we had a sort of a picknick after a bike ride. I undressed and so did she!

I introduced here to the nude places around our town and she obviously liked it .
When we planned the summer vacation, she asked whether I had looked for the nude beaches there.

Once at the Es Trenc Beach in Mallorca, we went towards the dunes for some kissing and more
Then one of those single guys wearing a hat and glasses appeared and started talking inapproriately to her in Spanish.
Every time we went to other nudist places, she is like: "Have you seen him over there? He is posing and look at us"

For re-introducing her to nudism, I would have to find a spot where you dont encounter this kind of guys.

This post was edited