RE: Nudism vs exibitionism

We believe there is a fine line on this. Sadly in our former club it came down to swinging recruits...... but being nude in front of people can be seen as being an exhibitionist, there is a time and place, and some people we have experienced cannot understand.
We have no problem in admitting in being a naturist couple, I have done numerous radio interviews and have been asked about the sexual aspect of things, always difficult to put the right opinion over bearing in mind that newspapers love to have a dig at the human body.
Love being nude, but our former club wanted to bring sex into it and for us "personally" that is not what being a nudist/naturist we believe is all about...... we had loads of aggravation and just wanted to make friends within the nude circle for the right reasons.
We have no problem with people doing what they want to do amongst themselves in a private place, but a naturist club for us personally is not the place...... we had our own hot tub and hand built sauna mainly for business purposes, so called friend took it upon themselves to make it a swingers party in OUR HOUSE! A time and place, and this is how I deem the difference between exhibitionism and nudism.......
Some pictures uploaded on skinbook were awful to the point of exhibitionism, where the picture says "look at what I have got". There are some on here that to me "personally speaking" are still close to the mark and are of fellas! WHY?
We like being naturists, there are plenty of 9-5 exhibitionists and thrill seekers, without bringing it into reputable clubs.............. and on that subject - there are many who are falling apart due to stupid rules over singles, tattoos, piercings etc etc....... THANK HEAVENS WE ARE NO LONGER IN ONE!
Respect to all
Steve

This post was edited
hmm.

well, this has been well answered apparently, but there is a great deal of exhibitionist pictures and Nudist "posers" on this website. The folks actually tell on themselves when they leave sexually charged messages on members pics, and then if you were to look through their pics, they themselves may have more of a sexuallyimplied content.. these folks could be then considered exhibitionists, and perhaps nudists as well... but i think most of them are exhibitionists.

This post was edited

I am thrilled to be nude but get no sexual satifaction over being seen nude. I just love to be nude and nude with others is a great bonus!

This post was edited

Actually, my photos are trying to say, "I'm having fun and your not!" to textillians.
LOL great point. My pics are all of me doing things I enjoy. Is showing off a big fish I caught being exibitionest? LOL
Thomas

This post was edited

That is a good question !! I have often wondered myself how many members on here are real nudist, and how many may be exibitionist. I don't like to show myself at least on purpose. I don't really care if people see all of me on cam if it just happens. I am restricted on when I can be nude. I live with textile relatives. Sean

This post was edited

As the cat's mother & the kitchen sink have put their "oar" in here, going by the number of replies, I thought I would jump in also.lol
To my mind, naturism is just that. Being out-doors in nature, & when it is too cold, or with limited finances you are a full-time nudist at home. That is why when I think of "naturism" I look East of the British Islands to Europe, but when I hear either the word "exhibitionsim" or "nudity" verbalised, I look West of these Islands to the dis-United States of America.
I do not understand this idea that US citizens have that it needs to be practiced at either a "nude beach" or "resort". The American idea of a nudist resort, I tend to think of as yet another "ghetto". Al la "Queer Ghettos" like the Castro or the "Village".
For me, naturism is about clearing the obstacles & walls whether within our mind or physical man-made ones. NOT closing ones-self by these things= liberation of mind, body & spirt.

This post was edited

The Germans brought nudism to the US in the early 1930s, and at that time it was a healthy lifestyle with a self sustaining community like Cat Island in South Carolina (the actual first nudist enclave in the US). They grew their own food or fished, exercised for health. Unfortunately, the mosquitoes chased them away one year rather than the law.

Thanks NIM for stating it so eloquently.

This post was edited

I tend to agree with most, we..or i am kind of proud of my body & i enjoy looking at other nice bodys, not in a sexual way but just the same i like it. I think most out there are the same...we like looking & like being looked at. Thats not a bad thing its just human nature.

How sensible. Voyeurism, exhibitionism, nudism. Done of these are automatically sexual. Likewise people, nudist or otherwise can be sexual without be a voyeur or exhibitionist. Our bodies are works of rt by our creator. Mine was at the bottom end, but if anyone looks, so what

This post was edited
Exhibitionism - Nudism - Voyeurism

Exhibitionism - Nudism - Voyeurism
That's a lot of -ism's in there, with nudism sitting embaressingly in the middle. Are we all just one or the other of any particular label, or are we all a healthy mixture of many emotions and decisions, the one not necessarily related to the other?
Rich.
https://www.naktiv.net

This post was edited

There has to be an element of exhibitionism in being a nudist, its the true nudist who knows where to draw the line before it becomes overtly sexual.

This post was edited