RE: Nudism vs exibitionism

When I want to be Naked all the time weather I am alone or around others it is not because I want them to see me but that I don't like wearing clothes. We need to prove we are "true nudists" on this site because of the unhealthy attitudes most americans have and the way we are taught that naked is naughty. It is a criminaal act to walk out my front door without covering my penis and buttocks, therefore it is neccesary for us to meet eachother through pictures on a wesite

This post was edited
Nudism vs exibitionism

It seems like the important thing to do first is to define one's terms. Nudism or being nude is simply being without clothes. Everyone was born that way and most peopleengage in it at least once a day when bathing. I think that when most peoplerefer tonudism, they are thinking about Social Nudism. If you're a "home nudist" you are a nudist but you aren't a Social Nudist. Home Nudists and Social Nudists have one thing in common. They like to be free of clothes but home nudists are by them selves and socal nudists are in the company of others.They both do this for their own confort, pleasure and feelings of well being. They generally do not try to elicit a reaction from others by the fact that they are not wearing any clothes. Exhibitionistsin the broader sense have as their prime purpose the desire to elicit a response form the viewing public. An exhibitionist can be fully clothed to accomplish their purpose. This may be the case of a fashion model or an artist displaying his creations. In our particular discussion the exhibitionist is one who is nude. They desire to elicit a reaction from the viewing public by their nakedness. If you look through the members on this site, you will find several individuals who are nudists and are also exhibitionists. These people are nudists in that they prefer not to wear clothes and they are exhibitionists in that they want to be seen by the general public in places where being nude would have a shock value. I believe that is the main thing about exhibitionism. It is done for the reaction in induces or its shock value.

This post was edited
mmmmm

I'll admit I get a thrill by being nude in the presence of other people, perhaps its because of my upbringing where I was always told that nudity is something that wasn't seen as acceptable, still when i get nude in "public" its always somewhere were nudity is tollearated and all other people are nude as well and that makes it all seem natural.

This post was edited
RE: mmmmm

So let me see if I can apply all these rules we're getting.

How about the boating couple I described in post #91? Were they exhibitionists? Does it matter if they hoped to be seen or enjoyed being seen? What if (like me) they simply don't mind being seen? Or think it's a good and healthy thing to be seen in a natural state?

This post was edited

"I strongly believe that nudity will never be accepted as long as we only practice it behind high walls."
To my way of thinking one of the reasons we (nudists) are not more acceptable to society is that our way of living is misunderstood and the only way we can clear up these misconceptions is to stop acting like we are ashamed of being nudists and come out publically and explain what we actually stand for.

This post was edited

I'm not a nudist, though I like being nude. I'm not an exhibitionist, though I sometimes like being seen nude.To me, being nude is natural. There is no "-ist" to it. I spend a lot of time outdoors and sometimes I am seen by clothed people on a trail or at a swimming hole or springs that isn't officially established as clothing optional. I make the choice about whether I want to be nude, based on the overall situation. I strongly believe that nudity will never be accepted as long as we only practice it behind high walls. There is nothing wrong with hiking or swimming naked and there is nothing wrong with people seeing this. If someone sees me skinny dipping, they can choose to be offended, choose to ignore me, or choose to take off their own clothes and follow my excellent example.

Or they can report you to the authorities, and you could be ticketed and arrested. Not every desitination has the open areas that AZ has.

This post was edited

Social nudity may be the norm in pagan rituals, swinger parties and among certain Amazonian tribes. Is nudist the proper label for these individuals? If its a swinger club, call it a swinger club. If its exhibitionism, call it exhibitionism. Theres a danger in using the word nudist when describing every social or public activity that involves nudity.
You and I are in such total and complete agreement !!
Would that those who see some of us who complain about "inappropriate" behaviours and photos as draconian simply see this side of things.
That the image we present, rightly but most especially wrongly, DOES define us in the eyes of the general public.

This post was edited

What about enjoying both?

This post was edited

So let me summarize: Be nude, but never enjoy it.
And be ashamed, be very ashamed.
Okay, I got it now.

This post was edited

Being naked is not nudism. It's a mindset and attitude.

This post was edited