Nudism vs exibitionism

So what are your thoughts on this? where does one begin & where does one end? Are nudists also into exibitionsim? And vice versa?

This topic was edited
RE: Nudism vs exibitionism

I would have to say that belonging to a site where one of the primary foci is displaying nude pics of oneself, is, on its face, exhibitionistic.
Like I pointed out before, if one actually ONLY wanted to meet other nudists to hang out with, nude pics are not at all necessary, One could just log on, find others who claim to be nudists and then strip when the time comes, when all meet at the resort or beach or wherever. Because hey, If they arent really nudists, then they would not be getting any thrill by pretending to be one. And they wouldnt get a thrill out of seeing you or me naked on here. The only nudity would be AT the spot where everyone is nude and if they show up and strip, that qualifies....
There are countless good spots to be nude in nature. The only reason people dont just all go out and be nude alone in nature is that they want to be around other naked people. When we tell people about all the great spots to be nude in nature (see our pics) , they still only want to know "Where is the nearest resort?, "Where is the nearest nudist beach?"....They MAY indeed be concerned about the freedom of nudity, but they want to see others and be seen to be naked too..... That is exhibitionism.

This post was edited

While it is possible for me to venture out into the forest and find a secluded spot to be free from clothing, the benefit of pulling through the gate of my club, disrobing and strollling down to the beach without a concern of being seen or worse, arrested seems to weigh out. I often opt to hit the club on week days when no one is visiting just to read, snooze and swim. I rather enjoy the quiet. The beach on the other hand (specifically gunnison/sandy hook) is so much more of a show for most people...

This post was edited

I would have to say that belonging to a site where one of the primary foci is displaying nude pics of oneself, is, on its face, exhibitionistic. Like I pointed out before, if one actually ONLY wanted to meet other nudists to hang out with, nude pics are not at all necessary, (snip)
There are countless good spots to be nude in nature. The only reason people dont just all go out and be nude alone in nature is that they want to be around other naked people. When we tell people about all the great spots to be nude in nature (see our pics) , they still only want to know "Where is the nearest resort?, "Where is the nearest nudist beach?"....They MAY indeed be concerned about the freedom of nudity, but they want to see others and be seen to be naked too..... That is exhibitionism.
Let's not confuse exhibitionism and desire for social contact. I like to find an isolated spot far from anywhere else where I can just rest and relax in peace. However, I also like the camaraderie of close friends. I wouldn't be showing myself off to them. I'd be enjoying their company.

Also, not everyone likes nature per se. Some need the comfort of concrete and brick surrounding the pool rather than the sand and surf of beach, or the majestic view of the ocean from a cliff, or even just a nice little clearing in the woods just big enough for yourself and the resident rabbit population. Different strokes for different folks.

This post was edited

To me nudism is being nude for the comfort of it while exhibitionism is being nude with the intent of shocking others.

This post was edited

As in a very old thread in these forum, we probably all have a certain amount of each, but the way I see it, voyeurism is wanting to see, exhibitionism is wanting to be seen, and nudism is just wanting to be.

This post was edited

To me nudism is being nude for the comfort of it while exhibitionism is being nude with the intent of shocking others.
Good definition. I spend a lot of time nude with just any wildlife I happen to see with me. There is nothing more relaxing than hiking or fishing nude. But like Gerry said, the social setting is nice too, to be with friends.

This post was edited

Nudism is NOT about seeing or being seen at all. As RNB said, "it's about being free from clothing." It is about IMHO de-stressing, relaxing, and getting back to innocence. Even when clothed nudists are nude beneath the clothes. It's a mindset as well as the feel good feeling of not wearing constricting clothing.

This post was edited

very well said

This post was edited

I would have to say that belonging to a site where one of the primary foci is displaying nude pics of oneself, is, on its face, exhibitionistic.
Don't paint evryone whith the same, broad brush.

This post was edited

As in a very old thread in these forum, we probably all have a certain amount of each, but the way I see it, voyeurism is wanting to see, exhibitionism is wanting to be seen, and nudism is just wanting to be.
GREAT explanation.

This post was edited