RE: Nudism vs exibitionism

Agreed. But if that was all it was then nudists would be content to be naked inside their four walls and behind their privacy fences. LOL
Just because we're not walking around in trench coats flashing people doesn't mean we don't mean we don't get SOME enjoyment being naked around others. And not everything is "sexual" in its intent.
"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."

This post was edited

to me nudism is just enjoying being nude......exibitionism is wanting someone to react to your nudity

To put this another way- A nudist's nudity is a state. Where a exhibitionist's nudity is an action .

This post was edited

I don't know if this is exhibitionism per say, but I like people seeing me nude, not for some sexual thrill, but I feel that they are seeing the real me. I spent a good part of my life pretending to be something I'm not, so when I'm nude, there is no hiding. This is who I am!
Like a lot of people say on this site, being nude levels the playing field.

This post was edited

Agreed. But if that was all it was then nudists would be content to be naked inside their four walls and behind their privacy fences. LOLJust because we're not walking around in trench coats flashing people doesn't mean we don't mean we don't get SOME enjoyment being naked around others. And not everything is "sexual" in its intent."Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."

Since humans are social animals, we tend to want to socialize with people of like minds. That's not exhibitionism.

This post was edited

I don't know if this is exhibitionism per say, but I like people seeing me nude, not for some sexual thrill, but I feel that they are seeing the real me. I spent a good part of my life pretending to be something I'm not, so when I'm nude, there is no hiding. This is who I am! Like a lot of people say on this site, being nude levels the playing field.
I agree - when we are not hiding our bodied we are not hiding ourselves. and---------------- I have never met an unfriendly nudist in my life.

This post was edited

Well put, however...
Don't we all have a bit of voyeur in us when we consider being nude amongst our fellow man.
I am friends quite a few nudists and everyone of them in some sense likes to show off what they were given.
I do not mind people seeing me in my birthday suit but that does not make me an exhibitionist. If I were to flaunt what little bit god did give me in a public place, like the local park, then that is exhibitionism. But to flaunt that little bit in an area that is clearly for those that wish to be 'nekkid is just being that . 'Nekkid. That part I like.
-Ray

This post was edited

Don't we all have a bit of voyeur in us when we consider being nude amongst our fellow man
Well said Ray

This post was edited

That is quite a good point and I think maybe forgotten as people strive for some all encompassing definition. I live close to a place which is close to the Royal national park south of Sydney and north of where I live in Wollongong. There are places where you can be nude on your own and I often enjoy that an at other times humans being social like company. The other aspect is to appreciate a certain aestethic and peope enjoy a good fit looking body a nice tan perhaps etc. Its simple truism but also in many countries because the practise is restricted then gathering together is a source of stength and camaderie.

This post was edited

I'm not a nudist, though I like being nude. I'm not an exhibitionist, though I sometimes like being seen nude.
To me, being nude is natural. There is no "-ist" to it. I spend a lot of time outdoors and sometimes I am seen by clothed people on a trail or at a swimming hole or springs that isn't officially established as clothing optional. I make the choice about whether I want to be nude, based on the overall situation.
I strongly believe that nudity will never be accepted as long as we only practice it behind high walls. There is nothing wrong with hiking or swimming naked and there is nothing wrong with people seeing this. If someone sees me skinny dipping, they can choose to be offended, choose to ignore me, or choose to take off their own clothes and follow my excellent example.

This post was edited

oops - re-posted

This post was edited