RE:'Jewelry' at resorts and beaches

We need thumbs up and down on the forums so people can see how others feel about their comments. Maybe there is one and I just don't see it..

Definite would be a good feature to add

This post was edited

Commercial pools can kill all the commonly transmittable STI's instantly except Hep C. Urine isn't a health risk, but the added fluids to make for unpleasant potential.

I'm not particularly worried about an ounce or two of body fluids diluted in 30,000 gallons (or more) of chlorinated water. And what most people don't even realize, is that healthy urine is sterile.

Someone had sex in the pool? So what?

This post was edited

My imaginary friend likes genital jewelry and has commented several times to me why didn't I think of that.

This post was edited

Im curios as to why its ok to shave ones genitals to draw attention to them but if you add jewelry you get labeled as a pervert. I cant for work have jewelry seen other then a wedding ring so I have a couple and like it and so does the wife. I do not keep them in for sex most the time.

This post was edited

Shaving, at least for most of us, is a personal preference comfort issue. Some say shaving is wrong. Jewelry is a personal preference of a different type but still a personal preference. I know my wife some friends and I all think jewelry looks ridiculous so we wouldnt have it. But we all say if thats what you like then go for it. We may think it looks ridiculous but otherwise it has no impact or bearing to us. Some say shaving looks ridiculous as well. Id say neither qualifies one as a pervert, its just personal preference.

This post was edited

Shaving, at least for most of us, is a personal preference comfort issue. Some say shaving is wrong. Jewelry is a personal preference of a different type but still a personal preference. I know my wife some friends and I all think jewelry looks ridiculous so we wouldnt have it. But we all say if thats what you like then go for it. We may think it looks ridiculous but otherwise it has no impact or bearing to us. Some say shaving looks ridiculous as well. Id say neither qualifies one as a pervert, its just personal preference.[

Thats a good way to put it.

This post was edited

Yes, I agree, well said. I'm disappointed, though not surprised, in comments like 'all genital jewelry says to me is ...look at me I'm an idiot !!!', 'any man that in anyway decorates his dick or makes it the center of attention and says its not sexual is doing just one thing pissing on your foot and telling you its raining !!!' and 'genital jewelry is just a method of screaming, "look at me".
This type of judgemental language is like some would use to criticise nudists - all of us - in general... perverts, weirdos, exhibitionists, worse. Let's not descend to that type of name-calling. If genital jewellery isn't your thing, that's fine. If it is, that's fine as well. I don't go around judging people's rings on their fingers, or in their ears, or people's tattoos. (Well, maybe I do but I accept that it's purely my opinion.) I wear a cock-ring sometimes, most often when I'm home on my own, not because I'm screaming 'look at me' (not much point in that), but because I quite like the sensation. I've worn one only once 'in public' at Le Cap d'Agde, and enjoyed the sensation and the freedom of being able to do it, but on the libertine beach there a cock-ring barely gets a look anyway.
There's no such thing as a 'real nudist', unless it's simply someone, like all of us here, who prefers to be naked. Just because someone wears a genital piercing doesn't make them any less of a nudist. Go down that track of 'purity' and you're into the land of the witch-burners.

This post was edited

Well I feel like I have to give my two-cents on this and I hope I can do it without being offensive to anyone - reason being that nudists are ostracized and misunderstood enough that I hate it when some people are so opinionated in any aspect of nudism as to preclude one's participation or comfort in participating in it, because our rights and freedoms eroding continually it doesn't do us any good to be divided...

1) No one other than the person with the piercing knows the reason for having the piercing (and it's no one else's business). Many people do it for themselves and it becomes visible because they're nude, while many people do it solely because they like the aesthetic. Maybe someone has done it because their partner likes it, and maybe it was a rite of passage or it marked an event in a person's life; regardless of the reason it's not for anyone to judge.

2) Does it matter what a man does with his penis as long as he's not being sexual with it when participating as a social nudist? As long as a man isn't thrusting his erection into other people's faces does it matter what it looks like when he's not being sexual? As nudists we'd all say "don't stare" and that means whether there is a piercing or not.

3) If body modifications do become relevant then all modifications should, and that would include shaving, breast augmentation, using hair dye or make-up (among other things). I don't shame anyone for doing what makes them feel better or happier with their body if it doesn't impact me and none of these practices do.

4) Shaving has been acceptable in resorts and on beaches for many years, and people have for centuries attempt to alter or eradicate body hair. Body piercings date back to ancient Rome and ancient India. The practice of tattooing and piercing is just as old as the practice of shaving, and nothing objectifies an adult's genitalia more than removing all of the hair that marks us as adults, but I say go to town with your Gillette or let it all grow - it's your choice, just as piercing is.

5) Some nudists think that genitalia is no different than any part of the body: to some piercing any part of their body is no different than piercing your ears, and no one is complaining about that, however 20-30 years ago the practice for men was thought to be inappropriate. The same complaints being made about genital piercings are not being made about anything above the neck, an odd argument from people who believe we shouldn't be ashamed of our genitalia but have strong opinions about what others do with them.

6) Religious remonstrances doesn't work in this argument - we're not all the same religion, nudism is not a religion, and if some uses Christian principles as their argument I'd ask them if they consume pork, attend a church that allows women to speak, watch football ( or basketball or soccer), or has ever worn a man-made fabric.

7) This protest does not make any allowance for different cultures or for a person to own what happens to their own body and is the opposite of inclusion.

8) It is not for any person to have to explain to your child why any portion of their body looks they way it does, including piercings. If your child is at a nudist resort they have already seen every conceivable body type and body alteration already and it would have been up to the parent to explain them Hell, if your child has been let out of the house in the past 30 year you'd have had to already explain tattooing and piercing to them, so I assume in this case a parent could explain what the terms "personal freedom" and "democracy" mean.

People need to understand that in this day and age people will do various things to their bodies in order to express themselves and should accept that. I'd also state that the reason that organized social nudity is in decline is because a great many youth are more at liberty to do with their body want they want (as opposed to following the social normative blindly) and as such are probably viewing dialogues like this and want no part of the judgement.

Some of the comments made on the thread have been hateful and belittling - not what I would have expected from a group so unfairly treated and portrayed by so many others when calling themselves nudists, and the lack of tolerance here has been saddening...

This post was edited

Well I feel like I have to give my two-cents on this and I hope I can do it without being offensive to anyone - reason being that nudists are ostracized and misunderstood enough that I hate it when some people are so opinionated in any aspect of nudism as to preclude one's participation or comfort in participating in it, because our rights and freedoms eroding continually it doesn't do us any good to be divided...1) No one other than the person with the piercing knows the reason for having the piercing (and it's no one else's business). Many people do it for themselves and it becomes visible because they're nude, while many people do it solely because they like the aesthetic. Maybe someone has done it because their partner likes it, and maybe it was a rite of passage or it marked an event in a person's life; regardless of the reason it's not for anyone to judge.2) Does it matter what a man does with his penis as long as he's not being sexual with it when participating as a social nudist? As long as a man isn't thrusting his erection into other people's faces does it matter what it looks like when he's not being sexual? As nudists we'd all say "don't stare" and that means whether there is a piercing or not.3) If body modifications do become relevant then all modifications should, and that would include shaving, breast augmentation, using hair dye or make-up (among other things). I don't shame anyone for doing what makes them feel better or happier with their body if it doesn't impact me and none of these practices do.4) Shaving has been acceptable in resorts and on beaches for many years, and people have for centuries attempt to alter or eradicate body hair. Body piercings date back to ancient Rome and ancient India. The practice of tattooing and piercing is just as old as the practice of shaving, and nothing objectifies an adult's genitalia more than removing all of the hair that marks us as adults, but I say go to town with your Gillette or let it all grow - it's your choice, just as piercing is.5) Some nudists think that genitalia is no different than any part of the body: to some piercing any part of their body is no different than piercing your ears, and no one is complaining about that, however 20-30 years ago the practice for men was thought to be inappropriate. The same complaints being made about genital piercings are not being made about anything above the neck, an odd argument from people who believe we shouldn't be ashamed of our genitalia but have strong opinions about what others do with them.6) Religious remonstrances doesn't work in this argument - we're not all the same religion, nudism is not a religion, and if some uses Christian principles as their argument I'd ask them if they consume pork, attend a church that allows women to speak, watch football ( or basketball or soccer), or has ever worn a man-made fabric.7) This protest does not make any allowance for different cultures or for a person to own what happens to their own body and is the opposite of inclusion.8) It is not for any person to have to explain to your child why any portion of their body looks they way it does, including piercings. If your child is at a nudist resort they have already seen every conceivable body type and body alteration already and it would have been up to the parent to explain them Hell, if your child has been let out of the house in the past 30 year you'd have had to already explain tattooing and piercing to them, so I assume in this case a parent could explain what the terms "personal freedom" and "democracy" mean.People need to understand that in this day and age people will do various things to their bodies in order to express themselves and should accept that. I'd also state that the reason that organized social nudity is in decline is because a great many youth are more at liberty to do with their body want they want (as opposed to following the social normative blindly) and as such are probably viewing dialogues like this and want no part of the judgement.Some of the comments made on the thread have been hateful and belittling - not what I would have expected from a group so unfairly treated and portrayed by so many others when calling themselves nudists, and the lack of tolerance here has been saddening...

and to that I say "AMEN!!" finally some civility and common sense into this otherwise troubling thread of misguided thoughts and opinions. thank you Kevin

This post was edited

Appreciate that my friend , it's good to know that I've associated myself with good, kind, thoughtful people who are respectful of others - you're a good man.

This post was edited