Defining "Friend" on TN

The discussion has come up on how to define "friend" on this forum, as each kind of social media defines "friend" differently. The context is how we seek and accept friends to build up our virtual nudist profile.

Got friends? How did you get them and what do they mean to you?

This topic was edited
RE:Defining "Friend" on TN

For me personally, I am interested in meeting people all over the world and building a network of nudists that I never had before. In the past on other social media sites, Ive deleted friends after having them for a time when I realize the connection does not serve me.

On this site its a bit different since the nudist world is vast and new to me. Id rather meet as many new souls as I can and then reevaluate the connections value later.

This post was edited

I look at their profile, pics...etc so I can get at least a vague idea of who they are. If they don't have any pics at all, or a blank profile, I just ignore the request.
I check to see what type of photos they have posted, what groups they have joined and take a look at their friends. If they are certified it's even easier to make a decision.
I like to read their feeds/posts/topics they participate in as I will get a feel for those who are in line with my thinking. A small selective list helps to keep the communication easier between friends. I try to talk to my friends on a regular basis and just see whats going on. I'm new here and I have a huge respect to all my friends :)

This post was edited

My approach is very similar to nude4men's. You can actually judge a book by its cover (to a certain extent). I ignore blank profiles or no pics. Otherwise if it looks like we'll have something in common, and they are in a country where there's a good chance I'll visit (or them visit me) then I'll accept the fr. If after a few months they haven't corresponded or contributed anything to any discussions, then I'll unfriend.
I'm not a natural talker / writer so I have to try to be diligent in keeping communication going.

This post was edited

I agree too cardman. Friendship means some involvement from both parties. I feel some just want to increase their friend count.

This post was edited

Okay being a older advising younger I must put my 25 cents in.

First I will give you my basic definition and then I will elaborate.

Friend is someone you can share your deepest feelings thoughts and desires with and they will still accept you. Furthermore they must keep in touch with you on a fairly regular basis like maybe once or twice a week.

Now delving into it further, nude 4 men has the best advice so listen to him. Looking at pics and profiles and going from there.
I personally will start there but I tend to friend men who are bisexual because we seem to be disliked by our fellow man. We just aren't accepted by anyone, and I don't know why.

Then you can see what happens next and decide to unfriend depending on the circumstances.

I have been trying to friend people more selectively than before and usually only friend people who are local that I have met or another who I have established a repore with over time.

I still don't know why someone would just accept any and every friend request just to increase their "count". I don't understand the purpose.

The best way to receive advice is to look at all the advice and select the best for you.

This post was edited

Christopher (Nude1here),
I think bi men are great (not that you need my approval or endorsement, I dont want to sound patronizing).

I used to believe bi men were gay but afraid to admit it. Luckily, Ive evolved and understand the world and the people in it better. Boy, was I wrong. As my therapist says, dont yuck someone elses yum. I find I have lots in common with bi men and happy to call anyone who is comfortable in their own skin a friend. -Scott

This post was edited

Thanks Scott, you sound like a great fit for me and very proud to love everyone else.

I have been having a hard time finding a relationship that has a good person for me.

Send me a friend request and I will appreciate it.

This post was edited

I just joined this group and have read some of the post.
On social media sites, I have what you call acquaintance. Over time, if the person and I hit it off, I mean we have something in common that we chat about than in time they become my social media friend. One day, I hope to meet some of you just to say hi and share a nudism experience.
For me to request a friendship from you, I read your profile and if you have pictures I will go through them. I meet most of the people who are on my friends list in the chat room, where I will go down the list and see if they have pictures and see how they are in the room. I than look at their profile and from there I will contact you. That is how I determine friend on TN.

Scott

This post was edited

A Friend on TN is very different from a friend in real life. TN defines them as able to view your profile, even if it's locked, view your photos and vids even if they are set to friends only and to comment on your profile. As my profile and photos are open anyone can do that. In reality they can do more. A TN Friend can watch what your doing on TN and comment on your comments and any entries you make in a group even if they are not a group member.

In short you have no TN secrets from a TN friend.

The discussion so far has been about who we would chose as friends and who we would keep. To me a TN Friend is an on-line acquaintance. But I have made some real friends as a result - ones who visit and ones I meet on holidays.

This post was edited