Colorado Mountains

It is not a place known to go there to enjoy nudism, although there are some nudists that go hiking in the Colorado Mountains.

There is an area about 3 hours drive to the West of Denver.
I love that place!

You can see like 10 miles distance all around and not find a single sign of civilization. Nothing human made.
If you spend a couple of hours hiking nude in that area, carrying with you only your thoughts and feelings, you can really feel being part of Nature!!
No human civilization, no technology to protect you, no supplies, no weapons, nothing! Just you, naked in Nature.
It can be scary if you think of how would you survive. Most probably you wouldn't.
But it can be so amazing when you think we are part of this planet too. We are human beings.

It's a place where you can feel your origins as a specie, and realize how much technological crap we accumulate throughout our lives, too often forgetting we are human beings more than anything else.
I know we need our technology to survive, but too often we concentrate more in accumulating rather than the essential. I know I do that sometimes.

So can't wait to go back up there this coming summer!!
To remind myself once more what really matters in life.

I don't know how to upload pictures in this post, but I did upload a couple of that area in my profile, in case you want to see how the place looks like.

Hugs
Angela

This topic was edited
RE:Colorado Mountains

Well said. I am fortunate to live well west of the Front Range and have many places I can wander naked in the true naturist sprit and connect with nature in a way you can't when plowing the wilds protected by textile.

This post was edited

Angela, if you go back and edit your post, it will allow you to attach the images. For some reason, your post must be complete and posted before images can be added. Be aware that the script is 'realtime' and if you hover over the drop box, it will keep adding the photo multiple times. It's almost impossible for it to not get added at least two or three times. Just go back after the fact and delete any duplicates.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

The trails are juuuust starting to melt out in the Rockies here. I've started seeing more joggers along the roads here.
I am looking forward to hiking, trail running, yoga, meditation. Perhaps I'll get way the eff out there like some of you and really enjoy the solitude.

This post was edited

Bev and I visited the Orient Land Trust. Kind of an odd name for a nudist resort, but it was nice hippy-like environment with pools and several hot springs.

Orient Land Trust (OLT) is not the name of the venue. Valley View Hot Springs (VVHS) is the name. VVHS is a part of OLT which also includes the Orient Mine (Hence the name Orient Land Trust) and more recently the Everson Ranch. The original owners (Neil and Terry Seitz) made a wise decision to create the trust to ensure the land stayed as pristine and undeveloped as possible, and forever remained clothing optional.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

One of the best naturist resorts is the Mountain Air Ranch just west of Denver. Beautiful and huge place with miles of mountain trails, clean and well kept facilities and nice people. We love the place. We also hang out at Dakota Springs just out side of Penrose, south of Colorado Springs. laid back, a bit rustic, good rules, and very nice people. The weekend water volleyball is an added attraction for me. Nudity is optional but most are nude. Orvis Hot Springs is near Telluride and a long drive but it is beautifully designed, with trees and flowers and sand bottom pools. Also optional but most are nude.

This post was edited

One of the best naturist resorts is the Mountain Air Ranch just west of Denver. Beautiful and huge place with miles of mountain trails, clean and well kept facilities and nice people. We love the place. We also hang out at Dakota Springs just out side of Penrose, south of Colorado Springs. laid back, a bit rustic, good rules, and very nice people. The weekend water volleyball is an added attraction for me. Nudity is optional but most are nude. Orvis Hot Springs is near Telluride and a long drive but it is beautifully designed, with trees and flowers and sand bottom pools. Also optional but most are nude.

I spent one spring day at MAR when I flew in for a business trip. I was looking forward to hiking the trails, but there were thunderstorm warnings, so I stayed by the pool. Wish I could have gotten there earlier and done the hike in the morning.

This post was edited

Potholes.

There's an area in the Uncompahgre National Forest, south of Hwy 50 and Delta Colorado.

I don't remember exactly how to get there, but I do know I headed southwest out of Delta and into the National Forest.

It's a section of a creek that flows through solid rock. Very large and deep pit have formed by boulders that are push around by the stream -- slowly grinding out huge potholes. Even when the stream is barely flowing, the potholes remain full because they have no place to drain.

Back in the early 90s, it was clothing optional. I took my boys and we spend three days and two nights there. I didn't wear a stitch the entire time. Lots of space to wander around in. Not restricted to just be nude in the stream and potholes.

Of course, the water is a long way from being warm, but in the hot summer it really feels nice.

If someone can provide more specific directions, please do.

This post was edited

Can you please share this place with me? Im looking for any clothing optional places now in Colorado. MAR and OLT are closed.

Thank you and appreciate any hints.

Ray

This post was edited

There is a resort west of Denver called Mountain Air Ranch!
There are tons of hiking trails! also A beautiful pool and hot tub!
also a restaurant and bar

LOVE THIS PLACE!
I miss Colorado so bad!!!!!!!

This post was edited