Popularity

What's up with the popularity number?
Always wondered how it's measured.
Sometimes it changes, sometimes not.
Not that I really care, just curious.

This topic was edited
RE:Popularity

I think it was based on the number of photos you had posted. Whether it still is I don't know, but it is a silly way to judge popularity.

This post was edited

I thought maybe it was views but I think I proved that wrong.
Perhaps it is responses to my posts?
Still wondering???

This post was edited

Good question. Maybe Andi knows?

This post was edited

Last ask the Scarecrow - he knew'd 'bout the hypotenuse!

This post was edited

The square root of a squared plus b squared? WTF!
Speak English man!
And who is the Scarecrow. Sounds like a Batman villain!

This post was edited

I think they are talking about the scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz after the Wizard gave him a brain (instead of a head full of straw. Our Am Dram Soc is putting it on in two week's time. And in our script he gets the wrong triangle. Still, why spoil a good story?

I also wondered how they work out Popularity. Maybe we should ask TT1 or TT2. My guess is it relates to the number of times the profile is viewed. It does not appear to relate to the number of photos or the number of friends - except that having more of each might increase the number of times a profile is viewed.

This post was edited

They can view your profile but you cant see or read anything about them. Kind of makes me want to automatically block them. Best you can do is ask to be their friend. If they dont accept you cant even send them a message.

This post was edited

As others have said it is how many people have looked at your profile as more people who look the more popular you are according to the site. I did try to do a popularity search but this didn't work but most viewed one does and in 13th place is a female who hasn't been on this site for 4 years.

So yes it is a bit of fun only.

This post was edited

After some further research, I am beginning to believe that it is based on views as I have been tracking it daily lately, contrary to my original thoughts. I'm still not positive yet.
Perhaps we will hear from someone who really knows.

This post was edited

All I know is that I stepped to the side of the popularity race in 7th grade. Embrace your inner nerd! Yeah!

This post was edited