Photos

Is there any way to change the order of my photos on my profile? They are in the order of last to first of uploading and I'd like to give my friends here different photos to view rather than just the last 5.

This topic was edited
RE: Photos

No way to order them.

This post was edited

TT1 is working to improve the site in an on going process, this has been suggested several times by various people; so we will just have to wait and see.

This post was edited

ok thanks. I guess the only way is to delete all of the pics & re-upload in the reverse order of preference. That way the ones you want to show are the first 5.

This post was edited

Even the order-by-time-uploaded is not stable - with more photos or more time (not sure which) it will scramble. You can put photos on a blog and thus control their layout and order, but few people seem to use or read the blog feature - so you'd pretty much have to direct your friends to it.

This post was edited

Encorage your friends to purchase a membership. They will be able to view all your pics & support this site.

I would but with all the hassle over Mastercard I can't get membership so I feel reluctant to suggest it to others. Perhaps the site owners should address this, then the membership might grow more than it is.

This post was edited

My solution to that (and it's a poor substitute for having more of my 70+ pictures available to the whole membership, or being able to choose which ones are) is to change my profile picture often. Over time, people who come to my profile frequently will see a lot of my pictures.

This post was edited

Let's say i have 8 pictures total. Three are for friends only. And then five are open for visitors. Will visitors see the 5 pictures or a combination of for friends only and pcitures. Will the friends see the three for friends only, and then two from the other 5?

NIM's beat me to it again, but anyway, I've sterted so I'll finish.

The selection of the first five (as far as we know) is completely random. As far as I know, everyone (regardless of status) sees the same selection, and which ones the viewer can see, depends on their own individual status.

Therefore, it will be the luck of the draw, as to which ones appear in the first five. It does do what it says on the tin, so, if the three "Friends Only" pics, happen to be included in the first five, visitors will see only two pics, the other three will be covered by a "Friends Only" Label.

Your friends will see all five. But, if the F/O pics are not in the first five, your friends will then ONLY be able to see them, IF they are paid members, otherwise, they will see the "You are not authorised" Label, and of course, if you mark them all as TN only, they won't see any until they are certified.

Some people have reported that the order changes from time to time, but I have not witnessed this happening, unless more pics are uploaded or removed. Theoretically, you could change the order by add/removing pics, but it's very hit and miss.

Once the pics are in your album, or anywhere else on the net, you can use their url to post them on your blog, Bulletin or in a forum, but remember that there are NO restrictions there, everyone (even none members) can see them and or copy them. NB. (Only friends can see bulletins) and (only members can see blogs)

It does take a bit of getting your head around.

This post was edited

Some fairly recent playing as shown that it's partly the way a photo is named, and stored in the database.
You can't determine with any certainty in what order photos appear, but you can influence a reorder by deleting
a photo, then reuploading it. That photo will get a new name in the database, and have some influence on
the new order, which is still indeterminate. Which photo to delete and reupload to achieve a desired result
is still unknown, and may be impossible.
I suppose one could spend the time to remove and reload a given pic and eventually determine some
rule, but most of us do have some kind of a life, and won't spend that kind of time.

This post was edited

When photos are uploaded, they are assigned a random 32 character name. So eventually, when the pics are sorted by name, they scramble.

This post was edited

I never counted characters, but I'm pretty sure they're not really random.
( but removing and replacing will generate a different name, and change a few things )
It all really depends on the code that decides which photo goes where.
We don't have access to that bit of code.

This post was edited