RE:Clothing Countdown

I had bought 2 pair of shorter shorts a little while ago,Tossed my oldest gym shorts and one t shirt is missing so count is unchanged.If shirt appears, something else will go.

Went the next step down and ordered a pair with a 3" inseam. First 2 were 5".
Probably won't be able to wear the 3'" ones to the gym, but they should be fine for yard work or when I can't be nude at home.
Now I will have to decide what to toss to keep the count even.
'Probably one of my 2 remaining pair of 8" gym shorts.

This post was edited

3" shorts arrived today.
Perfect for yard work and when I can't be naked at home but probably too short for the gym.
Need to toss something soon.
Any suggestions?

This post was edited

Wore them for a while today. Even better than expected.
Notch on side gives a little more leg freedom.
If you put something in the pocket, it hangs below the hem.
Just like the shorts I wore many years ago.
Back then I almost always wore briefs, so i didn't get to fully appreciate how great shorts like this could be!
Will probably toss one (or even both) of my 8" gym shorts soon.

This post was edited

Grandson went home Saturday. Considering getting rid of my last swimsuit since I didn't think I would need one until our next vacation.My wife invited a friend for a swim today.Glad I didn't toss the swimsuit yet!Friend decided not to come so I didn't need the suit that day after all.A few days later, another one of my wife's friends was supposed to come but she didn't either.

Younger son and his girlfriend had asked about coming over for a swim but it didn't work out. Want to try again before we close the pool. Last swimsuit hasn't been worn in over 2 weeks but still can't get rid of it.

This post was edited

When are you going to start spilling the beans and get rid of that last swimsuit...your house and your pool...

True, but spending time with our son and his girlfriend is more important to me than swimming nude.

This post was edited

When are you going to start spilling the beans and get rid of that last swimsuit...your house and your pool...True, but spending time with our son and his girlfriend is more important to me than swimming nude.

Also, having no swimwear would be temporary rather than permanent because I like to sun and swim on my annual trip to some place warmer than here, our grandson will probably be back for a while next summer, and we do occasionally have non nudist company for a swim.

This post was edited

You should plan a trip this direction some time...Central Texas is a helluva lot warmer in the fall and early winter than New Jersey. Only time it really gets cold is a few days in January and February...then it rarely gets below freezing...

True, but Florida is definitely closer and probably warmer.

This post was edited

I had about 50 garments and declared that I would reduce it to 25 if our prime minister got Brexit approved. I started my clothing reduction when he go EU approval for his deal. (He's now trying to get our parliament to agree). And I got carried away.I now have 28 garments:a DJ with 2 dress shirtsa suita pair of trousersa jacketa pair of jeans5 T shirts4 sweaters3 shirts4 mini kilts, and5 other kilts2 mini kilts and a kilt is yet to be disposed of.

Now that you are at the one year point with the reduced wardrobe, how is it working out?
Have you been inconvenienced by the small amount of clothing?
Has anything worn out and been replaced (or not replaced making your count even smaller)?
Do you miss being able to strip and put your clothes in a donation bin or rip up what you are wearing since you have nothing to spare?

This post was edited

Here's the run down of what I've got. Most of the stuff listed as "(Haven't worn in over a year)" means it's in the closet. I keep most of my clothes in a tray for quick access. It's about the size of two shoe boxes.

1 suit jacket (Haven't worn in over a year)
2 dress slacks (Haven't worn in over a year)
1 suit vest (Haven't worn in over a year)
3 cargo pants (Retiring one soon, may not need to replace it.)
0 sweat pants
1 swim suits (haven't worn in over 3 years)
2 cargo shorts
0 sleeveless shirts
9 t shirts (Only using about 5 regularly)
5 collared shirts (Haven't worn in over a year)
1 sweaters (Haven't worn in years)
0 sweat shirts
2 Gym Short (2 1/5" inseam. For yard work and neighborhood walks.)
2 Hot pants (Rarely wear and may not ever again.)
1 crop top (Haven't worn in over a year)
11 socks (Various types)
5 coats/jackets and/or hoodies
7 Pairs of shoes and/or boots (wear only 2 pairs regularly, retiring some soon)
2 Hats (Haven't worn in over a year)

Total: 55 Items
And plenty of them could be removed apparently!

This list doesn't include clothing that was kept for nostalgic purposes and/or are collectable/novelties and will never be worn. (I've been meaning to turn some of those old shirts into wall art.)

This post was edited

Here's the run down of what I've got. Most of the stuff listed as "(Haven't worn in over a year)" means it's in the closet. I keep most of my clothes in a tray for quick access. It's about the size of two shoe boxes.1 suit jacket (Haven't worn in over a year)2 dress slacks (Haven't worn in over a year)1 suit vest (Haven't worn in over a year)3 cargo pants (Retiring one soon, may not need to replace it.)0 sweat pants1 swim suits (haven't worn in over 3 years)2 cargo shorts0 sleeveless shirts9 t shirts (Only using about 5 regularly)5 collared shirts (Haven't worn in over a year)1 sweaters (Haven't worn in years)0 sweat shirts2 Gym Short (2 1/5" inseam. For yard work and neighborhood walks.)2 Hot pants (Rarely wear and may not ever again.)1 crop top (Haven't worn in over a year)11 socks (Various types)5 coats/jackets and/or hoodies7 Pairs of shoes and/or boots (wear only 2 pairs regularly, retiring some soon)2 Hats (Haven't worn in over a year)Total: 55 ItemsAnd plenty of them could be removed apparently!This list doesn't include clothing that was kept for nostalgic purposes and/or are collectable/novelties and will never be worn. (I've been meaning to turn some of those old shirts into wall art.)

Thanks. We generally don't count footwear and outerwear, so that would get you down to 30. Form your description, you could probably get rid of 1 pair of Cargo pants, the vest, 1 pair of dress slacks, crop top and hot pants, and 3 each of the two types of shirts. That would get you under 20. May be a good idea to keep the sweater and swimsuit just in case. I always find getting rid of unneeded clothing to be a liberating experience. Let us know if you make any reductions.

This post was edited