RE:Clothing Countdown

Here's the run down of what I've got. Most of the stuff listed as "(Haven't worn in over a year)" means it's in the closet. I keep most of my clothes in a tray for quick access. It's about the size of two shoe boxes.1 suit jacket (Haven't worn in over a year)2 dress slacks (Haven't worn in over a year)1 suit vest (Haven't worn in over a year)3 cargo pants (Retiring one soon, may not need to replace it.)0 sweat pants1 swim suits (haven't worn in over 3 years)2 cargo shorts0 sleeveless shirts9 t shirts (Only using about 5 regularly)5 collared shirts (Haven't worn in over a year)1 sweaters (Haven't worn in years)0 sweat shirts2 Gym Short (2 1/5" inseam. For yard work and neighborhood walks.)2 Hot pants (Rarely wear and may not ever again.)1 crop top (Haven't worn in over a year)11 socks (Various types)5 coats/jackets and/or hoodies7 Pairs of shoes and/or boots (wear only 2 pairs regularly, retiring some soon)2 Hats (Haven't worn in over a year)Total: 55 ItemsAnd plenty of them could be removed apparently!This list doesn't include clothing that was kept for nostalgic purposes and/or are collectable/novelties and will never be worn. (I've been meaning to turn some of those old shirts into wall art.)Thanks. We generally don't count footwear and outerwear, so that would get you down to 30. Form your description, you could probably get rid of 1 pair of Cargo pants, the vest, 1 pair of dress slacks, crop top and hot pants, and 3 each of the two types of shirts. That would get you under 20. May be a good idea to keep the sweater and swimsuit just in case. I always find getting rid of unneeded clothing to be a liberating experience. Let us know if you make any reductions.
By the way, if your gym shorts are only 2.5 inches, how short are the hot pants?

This post was edited

Thanks. We generally don't count footwear and outerwear, so that would get you down to 30. Form your description, you could probably get rid of 1 pair of Cargo pants, the vest, 1 pair of dress slacks, crop top and hot pants, and 3 each of the two types of shirts. That would get you under 20. May be a good idea to keep the sweater and swimsuit just in case. I always find getting rid of unneeded clothing to be a liberating experience. Let us know if you make any reductions.By the way, if your gym shorts are only 2.5 inches, how short are the hot pants?

Thank you for the advice on how to reduce the wardrobe. A lot of that I have already considered. Just a matter of doing it.

I've strongly considered just deep sixing all of it and then buying only what I find I have to wear.

As for the shorts, they are maybe .5 inches? There's really not much. One is really just a glorified thong. I certainly can't wear them in public. Just too much of an accident waiting to happen. I thought I could wear them to friends' houses or private events, but I'm usually nude at those anyway so there's no point. They are also a pain to put on and take off.

This post was edited

Thank you for the advice on how to reduce the wardrobe. A lot of that I have already considered. Just a matter of doing it.I've strongly considered just deep sixing all of it and then buying only what I find I have to wear.

Someone on another board has the same idea for when he retires. He is planning to donate his better clothing and destroying the rest. He would then live completely clothing free for as long as possible then buying only the absolute minimum he must have as he needs it.

This post was edited

Here's the run down of what I've got. Most of the stuff listed as "(Haven't worn in over a year)" means it's in the closet. I keep most of my clothes in a tray for quick access. It's about the size of two shoe boxes.1 suit jacket (Haven't worn in over a year)2 dress slacks (Haven't worn in over a year)1 suit vest (Haven't worn in over a year)3 cargo pants (Retiring one soon, may not need to replace it.)0 sweat pants1 swim suits (haven't worn in over 3 years)2 cargo shorts0 sleeveless shirts9 t shirts (Only using about 5 regularly)5 collared shirts (Haven't worn in over a year)1 sweaters (Haven't worn in years)0 sweat shirts2 Gym Short (2 1/5" inseam. For yard work and neighborhood walks.)2 Hot pants (Rarely wear and may not ever again.)1 crop top (Haven't worn in over a year)11 socks (Various types)5 coats/jackets and/or hoodies7 Pairs of shoes and/or boots (wear only 2 pairs regularly, retiring some soon)2 Hats (Haven't worn in over a year)Total: 55 ItemsAnd plenty of them could be removed apparently!This list doesn't include clothing that was kept for nostalgic purposes and/or are collectable/novelties and will never be worn. (I've been meaning to turn some of those old shirts into wall art.)

Is your closest mostly empty or is there something else in it besides your clothes? It sounds like you don't have a dresser if you keep the clothes you wear in a tray.

This post was edited

Someone on another board has the same idea for when he retires. He is planning to donate his better clothing and destroying the rest. He would then live completely clothing free for as long as possible then buying only the absolute minimum he must have as he needs it.

YAY! Glad I'm not the only one to think of this. Thanks.

This post was edited

Is your closest mostly empty or is there something else in it besides your clothes? It sounds like you don't have a dresser if you keep the clothes you wear in a tray.

There are some coats in there.

It's just a storage unit for me. I keep an office chair in there too. Files, archives, and other stuff like that.

I keep imagining that if I designed a house for nudists, none of the rooms would have closets.

This post was edited

Is your closest mostly empty or is there something else in it besides your clothes? It sounds like you don't have a dresser if you keep the clothes you wear in a tray.There are some coats in there.It's just a storage unit for me. I keep an office chair in there too. Files, archives, and other stuff like that.I keep imagining that if I designed a house for nudists, none of the rooms would have closets.

One male couple on another board found they needed so little clothing when they retired that they took the closets out or their house, got rid of their dressers, and kept what little clothing they had on two shelves in the laundry room. They also made an agreement to dress in the laundry room when they were leaving and undress there when they returned and keep the rest or their house completely clothing free.
Another male couple on the same board were designing a retirement cabin with no closets and were planning to do the same. They were also planning to give away or destroy all of their work wardrobe and most of their causal clothing. I believe their goal was a total clothing supply of about 20 items for the two of them to share, not counting footwear and outerwear!

This post was edited

One male couple on another board found they needed so little clothing when they retired that they took the closets out or their house, got rid of their dressers, and kept what little clothing they had on two shelves in the laundry room. They also made an agreement to dress in the laundry room when they were leaving and undress there when they returned and keep the rest or their house completely clothing free.Another male couple on the same board were designing a retirement cabin with no closets and were planning to do the same. They were also planning to give away or destroy all of their work wardrobe and most of their causal clothing. I believe their goal was a total clothing supply of about 20 items for the two of them to share, not counting footwear and outerwear!

I wish them luck. It sounds like a dream home to.

If I could, I'd keep clothes in the garage with the washer/dryer. That way no clothes would be in the house at all!

Arrive home, get undressed, go inside. Easy.

Ideally, I wouldn't have any clothes, but the end goal isn't so much a number, but a a point where I barely have enough clothes to make up a load of laundry a month.

This post was edited

One male couple on another board found they needed so little clothing when they retired that they took the closets out or their house, got rid of their dressers, and kept what little clothing they had on two shelves in the laundry room. They also made an agreement to dress in the laundry room when they were leaving and undress there when they returned and keep the rest or their house completely clothing free.Another male couple on the same board were designing a retirement cabin with no closets and were planning to do the same. They were also planning to give away or destroy all of their work wardrobe and most of their causal clothing. I believe their goal was a total clothing supply of about 20 items for the two of them to share, not counting footwear and outerwear!I wish them luck. It sounds like a dream home to.If I could, I'd keep clothes in the garage with the washer/dryer. That way no clothes would be in the house at all!Arrive home, get undressed, go inside. Easy.Ideally, I wouldn't have any clothes, but the end goal isn't so much a number, but a a point where I barely have enough clothes to make up a load of laundry a month.
find a place in the garage for the tray of clothes you wear, get rid of everything in your closet except the coats, and your house is clothing free except for outerwear.

This post was edited

By the way, the first couple I mentioned later moved to the Canary Islands. They found that it was nude friendly, even in many places that were not officially clothing optional. A wrap was accepted in many places where he couldn't be nude, and when he did have to get dressed he wore a kilt. Last time he posted he only had one pair each of pants and shorts and haven't worn either on over 2 years!

This post was edited