RE:Clothing Countdown

By the way, the first couple I mentioned later moved to the Canary Islands. They found that it was nude friendly, even in many places that were not officially clothing optional. A wrap was accepted in many places where he couldn't be nude, and when he did have to get dressed he wore a kilt. Last time he posted he only had one pair each of pants and shorts and haven't worn either on over 2 years!

That's incredible! Very good news indeed. I hope that stays consistent for them.

Thank you for the update and the advice on the wardrobe as well.

This post was edited

By the way, the first couple I mentioned later moved to the Canary Islands. They found that it was nude friendly, even in many places that were not officially clothing optional. A wrap was accepted in many places where he couldn't be nude, and when he did have to get dressed he wore a kilt. Last time he posted he only had one pair each of pants and shorts and haven't worn either on over 2 years!That's incredible! Very good news indeed. I hope that stays consistent for them.Thank you for the update and the advice on the wardrobe as well.

You're welcome. Please let us know if you decide to reduce your clothing supply.

This post was edited

You're welcome. Please let us know if you decide to reduce your clothing supply.

Will do! Thank you.

This post was edited

Here's the run down of what I've got. Most of the stuff listed as "(Haven't worn in over a year)" means it's in the closet. I keep most of my clothes in a tray for quick access. It's about the size of two shoe boxes.1 suit jacket (Haven't worn in over a year)2 dress slacks (Haven't worn in over a year)1 suit vest (Haven't worn in over a year)[sweater vest]3 cargo pants (Retiring one soon, may not need to replace it.)[2]0 sweat pants[1]1 swim suits (haven't worn in over 3 years)[2]2 cargo shorts[3]0 sleeveless shirts[3]9 t shirts (Only using about 5 regularly)[10]5 collared shirts (Haven't worn in over a year)[8]1 sweaters (Haven't worn in years)[2]0 sweat shirts2 Gym Short (2 1/5" inseam. For yard work and neighborhood walks.)[5, 2 - 8'", 2 - 5", 1 - 3", 8" are both wearing out and ill not be replaced}2 Hot pants (Rarely wear and may not ever again.)[0]1 crop top (Haven't worn in over a year)[0]11 socks (Various types) [15ish]5 coats/jackets and/or hoodies[8]7 Pairs of shoes and/or boots (wear only 2 pairs regularly, retiring some soon)[7]2 Hats (Haven't worn in over a year)[2][2 jeans]Total: 55 ItemsAnd plenty of them could be removed apparently!This list doesn't include clothing that was kept for nostalgic purposes and/or are collectable/novelties and will never be worn. (I've been meaning to turn some of those old shirts into wall art.)
Put my current count next to yours to show that while I have a little more, we are not that different. I have also excluded nostalgia and collectable items as well as band uniforms.

This post was edited

Congratulations on your reduction! That's wonderful. Here's to getting as close to zero as possible!

This post was edited

Mostly a comparison of your clothing supply to mine.
Amount is little changed since the last time I posted.
Still seems strange that I have more bottoms than tops even though I wear something above the waist less often.

This post was edited

1 suit jacket
2 dress slacks
2 cargo pants
1 sweat pants
3 swim suits(2)
7 shorts(8)
5 sleeveless shirts(3)
14 t shirts(11)
10 collared shirts(8)
2 sweaters
2 sweat shirts
(2 jeans)
Realized I hadn't summarized my current wardrobe for a while, so I have put my current counts in () where they have changed since my last listing.
2 shorts 3 shirts are going soon which will put me below 40 excluding footwear and outerwear.

This post was edited

So now that I have decided not to go back to the gym, I will need fewer pair of gym shorts and have no need of anything longer than 5". Should I toss my remaining 8" gym shorts now or wait until they wear out and not replace them?

This post was edited

Toss them now. You don't need all those shorts. And why not toss the remaining swim suits too?

This post was edited

Toss them now. You don't need all those shorts. And why not toss the remaining swim suits too?

While I don't need the swimsuits now, I will need some eventually for 2 reasons.
I travel to places where swimwear is required.
Our grandson is here a lot in the summer.
If I wanted to minimize the total amount of clothing I had at any one time, I could toss my jeans and long sleeve t shirts every spring and swimsuits, dress shorts, and sleeveless shirts every fall, but that would be a waste because I would have to replace them 6 months later.

This post was edited