RE:Sex-Shaming

In real life, there are people who are comfortable with social nudity. There are lurkers and trolls. And there are very large numbers of people who think about social nudity and just aren't there yet. Imagine a few perfectly nice folks sitting around talking about the possibility of social nudity. Their nervous jokes, their body concerns, their misunderstandings. In real life, a few of those people will eventually work through enough of that to appear as newbies at a social venue. As poster after poster who has actually done that has said, the nudity is astonishingly uncomplicated after the first few minutes. Once they're there, they'll start to pick up moves and mannerisms, reflecting the body language of the people around them, adjust and fit in. That might be a slow process, as fitting in to any social group can be.

But this is the internet. Here, all those folks who aren't there yet, are with us. At a social venue, we encounter a minority of newbies, and even then only those who have taken the important and sometimes difficult step of showing up. Online, we share space with the large number of perfectly nice folks who haven't yet done that, and who bring their concerns and misunderstandings with them. Online, we are not a definite, smallish group of also-naked people, sitting alone or interacting in small and shifting groups. Stepping into this space is a very different experience. Safer, because we are really just sitting at our desks, and that's why there are so many of us; scarier, because this is not an in-the-moment experience with a group of people, it's an on-the-record experience visible to the entire world. Here, there is no body language. No smiles. There's just text and photos.

The site simply can't be an online version of a beach or resort. It can't have the same mix of people. The interactions can't be the same. More tolerance is definitely required; there will be more variety of behavior. The offsetting advantage is that we are safer, sitting at our desks.

(If there's one behavior to focus on, it's the level of sexual pic comments and chat approaches - that gets personal and rises to the level of harassment for some people. An option to restrict photo comments to friends would help.)

This post was edited

Lee, you started a thread about a child having an erection at a nudist resort, a totally fake scenario which you admitted to, and another thread asking if women with highly charged sex drives actually exist.

These are the thymes that court the sort of comment you detest so much, so why do you actively seek it out?

This post was edited

I wish I had time to respond to your goading but have to sign off.
Guess you'll just have to wait till morning.
My, you two are petty!

This post was edited

Did he just call us a name.... (shocked)

This post was edited

Let's stop the judging and affirm one another instead.

This post was edited

I definitely support that suggestion. Thank you

This post was edited

I wish you all the best in your nudist lives whether you are out there waving your Nudist Flag for everyone to see, or you are quietly part of this site because you are trying to find other like-minded individuals who share common interests. This is a welcoming site for others to share experiences, joys, world-wide concerns, and compassion with others. I hope this finds you all doing well... and staying safe.

This post was edited

Live and let live, all welcoming. Love in.

So what about that latest topic in The Mens Room?

Its a spot on naturist discussion.

A topic weve all sat around the pool bar and debated well into the night,

(I thought I better edit this in case someone thought I wasnt being sarcastic)

This post was edited

It doesnt interest me.... but I had to read it to find out what it was.

So now Im aware of it, and... this will really shock some....Ive formed an opinion.

Im not going to comment on it.

This post was edited

Is that what you would do?
I'm not the one who sees it as a problem. Apparently you do.
It would probably get your nose broke and you would have deserved it!

This post was edited