Does this site take its members input on making additions or changes needed or is it just a who cares site

So yes I am a newer member of this site. I went through this super simple certification process and made the investment to be a lifetime member. I made this decision based on my being a nudist almost my whole life and never really had a chance to make any nudist friends. Here on my 7th day & thinking it may be a mistake. My intent as becoming a member or TrueNudist was solely based on the hope of finding other nudist close in my area of the US to chat and make friends with & learn more about later meeting at resorts or beaches.

I like to be upfront and provide information so that others can decide if they see it as a problem before befriending or just chatting. In my 7 days here i have met a few nice people?couples and learned more about the site itself. I have also endured 15 solicitation mail from a scammer group working this site (were caught in 2018)that are to pull you to KIK, Hangouts, or Skype, & received countless sexual mail, chat, & friend request from users. I have checked & tried to make my profile easier for simple minded to understand, yet the numbers go up daily. I know now I can set my profile to private but it defeats the purpose i came here for. Most photos were moved to certified or certified friends to leave my certification photos public.

So my question from all that babbling is does the site make improvement/changes to suggested from it members ( meaning certified with paid membership) on things that need to be changed or is this a make money for them only site. I'm not try to make issues, i just want to know opinions on the matters that do need fixed.

Thank You in Advance to all that share their thoughts. Good or Bad. Thrashing me or what my opinion is will accomplish nothing, but freedom of speech is still a right in US so you are welcome to it.

* * * God created mankind in his image and they were naked and unashamed. Being a nudist is a God given right * * *

This topic was edited
RE:Does this site take its members input on making additions or changes needed or is it just a who cares site

You do not need to have your certification photos in your profile. They need only be sent through the certification process. For the other photos, yes mark them as certified only (Though this site has in the past had security issues that made them viewable to everyone.)

As for the spammers, just ignore them. They aren't reading your profile comments. If they are persistent, report them. If you leave friend requests pending, they can't resend them. You can also block profiles, which will prevent them from seeing your profile at all (Note that they will still be able to respond to forum and group postings).

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited
RE:Does this site take its members input on making additions or changes needed or is it just a who cares site

I am following what you have said. Thanks John aka cobeachbum for your response

This post was edited

Don't count on whoever runs this site to be very responsive to suggestions. Mine pleading the restoration of features lost to each upgrade have gone unheeded. I am a paid member for life for years now. I have made local and worldwide connections through here so don't give up hope. The chatroom faults and all has a sort by distance feature which I have used successfully to connect in real life. Yes you do get some flakes but that happens in the textiled world too. Hang in there it is worth it.

This post was edited

I've been a member of this site for over 10 years, Certified and paid up life member for most of them. And I've enjoyed the site throughout. Like you I have a fairly full profile and lots of nude photos, collected over the years. When I first joined I got a lot of support through the groups - an advantage is I can chose groups which share my interests. I don't use the chat room, having found I can't type fast enough to keep up.

Within months I found friends who run small nudist guest houses. I've had holidays there and they have become lifelong (real, face to face) friends. I've also made other real friends through the site - though it is a bit like panning for gold.

I do get contacted by members who want to make contact through Skype, email etc. I always say I prefer to exchange messages here first. There are two options if someone is a real pain: Flag them or block them. I think I've only used it once. There are members who spend a lot of time worrying about fakes and voyeurs. I just ignore them. There is enough genuine in the site to enjoy - so enjoy it.

There are over 370,000 members on this site. The site owners can't possibly keep an eye on all of them/us. Possibly most of those member pay nothing - so there is no money to be made from them. I paid because I think there has to be a way of funding the site's running costs and would hate the introduction of adverts. There have been a few times when I have presented a problem to TT2, one of the site managers. I have always found her helpful.

This post was edited

Apart from anything else it is a difficult balance between keeping a group open to new members without subjecting them to an off-putting amount of rigmarole and closing it off to potential pests and scammers.
The best that can normally be achieved is for a sufficient weight of members to report the undesirables when they encounter them. This enables the administrators to distinguish between the genuine pests and members who inadvertently overstep the mark on a single occasion.

Remember the saying: "The only situation where the police have any real control is a Police State."

This post was edited

I never joined FB because it always seemed evil in how they use information. TN on the other hand is more benign. My experience has been positive for these reasons:
1) I've connected with people around the world who share values and interests, whereby nudity is a common factor.
2) Nudists in general tend to be more open and accepting in general, making for dynamic threads and conversations.
3) Over the years, I've gained insight on nudism from "Clothes off woo-hoo" to "Now let's look at how I'm still hiding with limiting thoughts even when I'm naked "

On the other hand, I recognize the site's shortcomings:
1) The site owner SocialCo Media, LLC is a media company with no word about nudism on their website. Their Better Business Bureau rating is F.
2) The site software/infrastructure is outdated and clumsy. Just try to find a friend's message from several months ago, even if you know who and when.
3) The moderators are inconsistent so pictures they remove and leave vary on their mood that day.
4) Of the tens of thousands of users, the number of regular users is in likely in the hundreds and regular contributors in the dozens, all skewing toward older male demographics. People join to check out pictures once and their profiles are never deleted.
5) In summary, this is likely a "milk cow" business where revenue from new lifetime members exceeds the maintenance costs. There is no incentive to serve paid members.

This post was edited

On the other hand, I recognize the site's shortcomings:1) The site owner SocialCo Media, LLC is a media company with no word about nudism on their website. Their Better Business Bureau rating is F.

They get an "F" rating because they didn't pay BBB to join their little elite rating club. It's pretty much automatic if you don't pay to play. Two complaints (with no details other than Problems with Product/Service) over 11 years, both within the last year, isn't bad.

Now, this site does have problems, but keep in mind it's not their main business. It's more of a hobby, that they provide to the masses for free, with some bonus access if you pay.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

As a lifetime, certified member, I have had a few issues thru the years. My experience in regards to your question....

DONT EXPECT AN ANSWER FROM ANYONE THAT CAN FIX ANYTHING. You'll be much happier to just leave it alone and perhaps, if possible, learn the new way of doing things. And by that I mean, when you reply to a message, you have to go back to the sender's profile page and reply via the "envelope" icon to send a message back. If you just hit the reply button on the message, it WILL SAY SENT... but it goes NOWHERE!!! And then you wonder how come so-and-so never replied.... THEY NEVER GOT IT!! How many months and complaints has that been going on.... since last summer. And no fix or response about the issue.

On the other hand... i have met many great nudists on this site.

This post was edited

I see no evidence that the owners of the site care at all about what anyone says.

The site needs a much better way to stop the fake profiles from women selling sex

The chat room badly needs an auto log off timer to remove inactive people after an hour.

This is supposed to be a nudist site but the quality of the site is heading into the crapper.
I would be happy to help them eliminate fake profiles and especially old non paying member profiles over a year old that haven't been active. This site needs a lot of attention to cleaning it up but like I said I don't think the owners care.

This post was edited

I ignore the sex solicitors and such junk. found a few friends. Like coming back every day or two.

This post was edited