RE:What to wear when you go to or leave a nudebeach

for me, shorts and a tee, or , I usually wear a pair of shorts and tea shirt.

Seems like my beach is not the only one where men wearing shirts coming and going outnumber those who do not.

This post was edited

A towel is all you need to ware. Drinks & nibblies would be preferred carry-along with maybe beach cabana. Do Not take a boombox, as listening to the waves is priceless.

This post was edited

By SunGroovers:

. Do Not take a boombox, as listening to the waves is priceless.
I, too, prefer the sounds of the beach with the waves, birdlife and perhaps the sounds of others chatting. W even if the music is to my liking, I'm happier to hear it elsewhere!

This post was edited

A towel is all you need to ware. Drinks & nibblies would be preferred carry-along with maybe beach cabana. Do Not take a boombox, as listening to the waves is priceless.

I have considered wearing just a towel, but worry about what would happen if if fell off in view of the busy road I have to cross to get from the parking lot to the beach.

This post was edited

The odd time I have wrapped a towel around me, it's tended to want to fall away in short order, so I end up holding it lest it fall and leave me with no easy recovery! Even the toga idea is safer! Perhaps less safer than a skirt on a windy day, but recovery should still be possible if necessary!

This post was edited

Can confirm, the sarong-as-a-toga option is doable, but it is very susceptible to even the lightest breeze. Wore it from the carpark and an now using it as a towel. True minimalism! Otherwise I only have my hat, keys & phone. As mentioned, a small breeze makes it easy to be 'seen' unless holding the hem. It's very easy to remove when the time comes, though.

This post was edited

By bornfree2:

I see girls wearing thongs on public beaches, so why not boys/ men?

Because there's the cultural side in addition to the legal side, I guess. Even in areas of 'top freedom' few seem to take advantage of it. Thongs just as legal for men as for women? Few take advantage of it.

Mind you, many trends start with one who's willing to kick it off. I should try to be The One more often than I already am. :-)

This post was edited

I see girls wearing thongs on public beaches, so why not boys/ men?

I think because they are inconvenient. Girls wear clothes which are stylish even if they are invonvenient.

This post was edited

Most places in US are clothing optional and require clothes off the designated beach areas so usually shorts (commando) tank top and flip flops or barefoot.

This post was edited

Most places in US are clothing optional and require clothes off the designated beach areas so usually shorts (commando) tank top and flip flops or barefoot.

Why the tank top? It is not required. I rarely wear a shirt between the parking lot and the beach. My philosophy is why wear any more than required when it is going to come off in a few minutes!

This post was edited