Nudists Wearing Masks

There has been some discussion here about nudists wearing masks. Some folks are in favor of doing so because helps prevent the spread of the virus, others don't like it because it makes them feel like they are less than nude. I'm not sure if the guy in this news story has the answer but it might make for a new twist on the discussion.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-britain-mask-pictu/man-parades-down-oxford-street-wearing-nothing-but-mask-idUSKCN24P288

This topic was edited
RE:Nudists Wearing Masks

These masks are irritating, but necessary, I guess. In my own environment we have lots of discussions about the benefit of these masks. Most consider it as "window dressing".

This post was edited

Masks are useful in particular indoor gatherings when there is a real risk that at least one person in a group is contaminated carrier of the virus and the "social" (de facto physical) distance cannot be kept it is very wise thing to do. Only problem is when/if there is drinking/eating, then the masks have to be removed.

Outdoors when people keep decent distance (2 yards/2 metres) to those they not otherwise in close contact, there is no need to wear a mask unless there is a risk of being fined for that. Health reasons are zero.

This post was edited

[quote Outdoors when people keep decent distance (2 yards/2 metres) to those they not otherwise in close contact, there is no need to wear a mask unless there is a risk of being fined for that. Health reasons are zero.

Not necessarily true. Even a slight breeze can disburse the virus more than the 6 feet/2 meter guideline, but the concentration of those particles would also be lower than if closer to the source.

This post was edited

Failure to wear a mask when circumstances require it shows your contempt for the safety of others.

This post was edited

Failure to wear a mask when circumstances require it shows your contempt for the safety of others.

Hear Hear! We agree completely. Anyone disagreeing is inconsiderate of others... that includes nudists, who by the way, are the most accepting and friendly people there are! BS!!!

This post was edited

Yeah I dont even see this as questionable. I have been wearing a mask when out hiking nude in case I pass by others. Same thing at the nude beach. If no one is close to me I will remove it but its easier to just leave it on because... no pockets! :)

This post was edited

Thee State opened up Camp grounds a month ago but with certain stipulations. Our club now requires it if social distancing can't be done. Fortunately the place is large enough we can spread out and the pool is huge. Things are changing so we will see what happens. If the State goes up another level Campgrounds will be closed again as I understand.

This post was edited

Thee State opened up Camp grounds a month ago but with certain stipulations. Our club now requires it if social distancing can't be done. Fortunately the place is large enough we can spread out and the pool is huge. Things are changing so we will see what happens. If the State goes up another level Campgrounds will be closed again as I understand.

We are getting periodic updates from our club. Part of the issue they are having is that people are not following the rules the Board has passed to do all they can to stop anymore spreading of the virus. Where there are distancing and mask requirements, residents, members and guests are not following some very simple rules. Then another case or two surfaces and they go right back to closing the gates to members and guests. According to some members, it's the residents that are less willing to follow the rules.

This post was edited

Oh I would not doubt what so ever it's more members than not following the guidelines. Does not matter if it is this or anything else Luann and I play along with management decisions and authority. True we are viewed as great active members that management looks to us for assistance but then we have seen a few of those type members shown the gate thru the years. Hell I'm to old, tired and busted up to get into trouble anywhere these days.

This post was edited

So... Im a Respiratory Therapist and have had nothing but covid patients for the last month. When you get this its like Russian Roulette. Some are just sick like the Flu. Others are on invasive ventilation and hanging on with a thread.Wearing a mask reduces the infection rate of vulnerable people. You may have it and not know it. But someones grandma or grandpa are steps away from deaths door, because you are a carrier.Wear a mask. Its a minor inconvenience that saves lives. Dont wear a mask, and you spread a death sentence to the elderly. Time to chose.

Well said! Thank you. And thank you for your (medical) service.

This post was edited