Truenudists Groups showing up on Google

I am alarmed that the Groups show up in Google searches, along with access to user profiles, their preferences and groups they belong to along with everyone that ever had a connection to that person and all their information also. This caused me to close my profile completely to the public. Make sure that you check your privacy settings and change them so your photos are not visible to the public.

This topic was edited
RE:Truenudists Groups showing up on Google

It's true, I logged out, then just try googling anything with truenudists in the criteria. "truenudist add media" for example. Instead of finding out how to add media, I found out, it appears this site is wide open. Well not altogether wide open but enough to see your profile photo, your profile and groups that you belong to in many cases. That's scary. Has anyone else found this?

This post was edited

More signs that TN is in a slow death spiral, mistreating its serious members and allowing and encouraging anything for more traffic. I'll have to change my pix settings to friends only and start collecting emails for those I want to stay in touch with for when the site shuts down.

This post was edited

It is open for everyone to see, so as to entice more people to join and increase revenue for the owners of the site.

This post was edited

It is open for everyone to see, so as to entice more people to join and increase revenue for the owners of the site.

More people would join if the overall membership was a more genuine nudist community rather than an eclectic mixture prurient, deviant, exhibitionist, sex-seeking closet voyeurs.

Some of the questions, groups, discussions, profiles, etc on the site are obvious turn-offs to genuine nudists. Of the hundred or so nudists I know (excluding TN Friends), none of them belong to this TN site. Those who have explored the site have reviled the site as a disingenuous collection of perverts with a small hardened collection of seasoned members who joined in better days and have built an enclave that works for them.

Genuine nudists are not prepared to pay for such an aberration to their lifestyle. The remaining members are only here to advertise other sites, run bots, or hide in the shadows, so will not be interested in increasing revenue for anyone but themselves.

There are millions of naturists worldwide, yet probably only 400 on this site. Why, one must ask? The old saying is make a better product and the people will come.

This post was edited

I first found TrueNudists through a Google search for nudist vegetarians, which led me to the group "Vegetarian, Vegan And Wanabees". I was glad to have found it. THIS IS NOT A SECRET SOCIETY, people. It's the internet. If you're on here to huddle under the covers and giggle over naked pictures (which does seem to be the economic model of the site), then its openness might well bother you. If you're on here to meet and interact with nudists and people interested in nudism, I absolutely don't see the problem. You can do that posting only what you are comfortable sharing with the world, and nothing more.

This post was edited

March 20 , 2021 . SteveinKona . Very true .

This post was edited

You can block your profile from showing in google (or other crawlers) by setting it to Don't Allow in your profile settings.

My Settings
Privacy

It's the last item in the list. Like all security on the Net, it's not guarenteed.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

Thank you for the note on privacy...Its a good reminder for us all.

This post was edited

Yet people still wonder why some here do not put up photos. Some just can not accept the fact that if you do not want to become part of internet history, then do not publish photos or personal information. Even if information is set to private, an experienced computer programmer can always gain access. There is no privacy on the internet period! Publish at your own risk!!

This post was edited

I also found TN by searching for Black Nudist and ended up in the group I now Moderate.

Cobeachbum is correct about the search setting but to the OPs point, if you have access to a group, you also have access to the members of that group, at least your profile picture and the thumbnail information.

It would be nice if people are directed here by a search engine, that they would get a non members general information page.

This post was edited