RE: Speedo

Speedo for me. Used to wear them when I was a kid. It's got nothing to do with sexuality in my opinion.

Mostly I just no longer go where a suit is required to swim. It keeps me from paying to support the textile resort/pool industry.

Bob

This post was edited
RE: Speedo

I have a pair of skimpy nylon running shorts, the kind split up the sides to the waist. Then I cut out the liner. Like that they are much of nothing and with just a little attention they are modest just enough to get by and don't feel too bad. That what I wear when i have to be textile. Thats what I wear when launching my kayak from a public area where nudity is not acceptable.

Rocky

This post was edited
RE: If ya gotta wear a swimsuit, baggy pants or speedo?

When I was a kid, I was skinny and could and did wear a speedo. As I got older and bigger (stupid tasty food) I became self conscious and went to swim trunks. I am still not skinny and do not think if I had to wear a swimsuit I would choose a speedo. Though I do recall seeing at a big and tall shop years ago a size 50 speedo hanging from the ceiling of the store. Luckily I did not need that size and no even less so.
Anyway, being a nudist now, who needs a swimsuit!
Stay Naked!

This post was edited

The only swimsuit I'll ever wear is the one I was born with.

This post was edited

almost always a speedo. if not a speedo, rugby shorts. aussiebum is my brand of choice!

This post was edited

a swimthong ;-) Covered and still the feeling of swimming nude!

This post was edited

Can't stand the big baggy shorts, like wearing capries. Speedos feel like wearing an elastic hammok, not natural. I usually find the nylon shorts the size from the 80's and use those for swimming in public.

This post was edited
RE: Swimsuits

Hey guys, just wear some shorty shorts like rugby shorts or the like. You can flop around freely with the sensation of being nude but not be offending the textiles.

This post was edited
RE: Swimsuits

Board shorts are an abomination! When I can't be nude on the beach or around the pool, I always wear as skimpy a light-colored lycra suit as I can get away with, given who else is around. I like a suit that very clearly outlines every detail of what it is that I have to keep covered, my favorite being an Andre micro-brief from Kiniki that is unlined with quarter-inch sides and looks like my crotch has been spray-painted.

This post was edited

I agree entirely -- I grew up (in the US) with swimsuits -- not boardshorts, but not quite Speedos either. I live in Europe and for men my age (50+), speedos are much more common! It is what the Europeans have been used to for years. It is primarily only the younger set (under 30 or less) who wear the board short - style. I can't imagine trying to swim in them! I was a life guard and one of the first survival skill lessons was to minimize the "dead-weight" in the water. We had an exercise in which we jumped in fully clothed (with a swimsuit underneath) and had to strip.I have several tan-thru suits to wear when not in a clothing opitonal setting, but I also have several Speedo style suits, which my wife has finally gotten used to me wearing. Local stores in the mid-west US do not have good suits available unless you are looking for swim competition suits.Skin only is the best suit -- that is the one God gave us in the beginning.

This post was edited