RE:A modest legal proposal

here in the uk its not illegal to be naked in public, there is no law against it, but in reallity, what you will be faced with is a public order offence siteing " behaviour likely to cause offence" seems whether it has caused offence or not is irrelevant!!

This post was edited

By mikenshe:

here in the uk its not illegal to be naked in public, there is no law against it, but in reallity, what you will be faced with is a public order offence siteing " behaviour likely to cause offence" seems whether it has caused offence or not is irrelevant!!

One step forward, two steps back. A clear law is made. A less-clear is subsequently made that may (or may not) roll back the effect of the first law and make it's interpretation subjective rather than objective. And sweep up all sorts of random flotsam into the net (such as expressing an opinion in the pub or posting on FB (or potentially TN) which earns one a knock on the door by the constabulary for something that is arguably not illegal, but may be perceived as a thought crime. :-(

This post was edited

You may not be interested in politics.

But politics is interested in you.

This post was edited

You may not be interested in politics.But politics is interested in you.

How true that is. Take heed, everybody.

This post was edited

People raise me ideas like it was easy to open nudism in the society. We evolved with rules imposed by religion that have changed over the years but still most people around the world still follows a belief system and most tend to be conservative

There are so many categories in life that we are often conflicted in our beliefs. I believe that most of us have some categories that we are quite liberal and others where we are conservative. To be a nudist one must have some liberal sense. We can be conservative in others, and we likely are most often in the middle rather than all the way to the ends of the liberal/conservative spectrum.

This post was edited

same here, but u cn be naked at ur home if it didnt violate others right.

This post was edited

As a related note; 'public space' in some jurisdictions, from my understanding, can also include a third party private space.

So for example, where I live, the neighbours place is considered a public space if they can (and they actually can) see me naked in my backyard and in my swimming pool. It does have to be a clear and somewhat unfettered view though.

A large part of the reason for this is that (despite being a weak logic) is that trespass laws here permit 'members of the public' with a legitimate reason (think deliveries, meter inspections etc) to access your property without first gaining permission...the extension of this is that if they walked up my neighbours driveway, spied a look at me in my pool then I have been seen from a public space.

Complex; hey - I know . But to show you how absurd it all is, also keep in mind that if I was just walking the street (clothed) here and decided to urinate somewhat discretely , then in the near future that will not have been an offence....but nudity in a public space will continue to be an offence!

This post was edited

As a related note; 'public space' in some jurisdictions, from my understanding, can also include a third party private space.So for example, where I live, the neighbours place is considered a public space if they can (and they actually can) see me naked in my backyard and in my swimming pool. It does have to be a clear and somewhat unfettered view though.A large part of the reason for this is that (despite being a weak logic) is that trespass laws here permit 'members of the public' with a legitimate reason (think deliveries, meter inspections etc) to access your property without first gaining permission...the extension of this is that if they walked up my neighbours driveway, spied a look at me in my pool then I have been seen from a public space.Complex; hey - I know . But to show you how absurd it all is, also keep in mind that if I was just walking the street (clothed) here and decided to urinate somewhat discretely , then in the near future that will not have been an offence....but nudity in a public space will continue to be an offence!

am i glad i dont live in the US, the law seems mad!!! and varies from state to state, having said that, although there is no law against public nudity here, it just becomes a public order offence, behaviour "likely" to cause offence, which in itself is crazy that you can be done for it even if no one has actually been offended, having said that, if you're on your own property its very unlikely your're going to have a problem unless you are really blatent and out front in view of a main road or something, its more of an invasion of privacy thing, if neighbours see you, well stop looking into my garden then, !!!!! i guess if they complained it could probably get complicated, but i'm lucky that my neighbours are pretty laid back and arent bothered

This post was edited

It isn't called the United States for nothing. And the differences of law between even neighboring states can be ultimately dramatic. There may not be fences or walls erected between the states but oh my, the variability of law is often ridiculous, and it appears to be getting worse for the most part. Differences can make a place unique in some ways, obnoxious in others. We live in the northern end of 'The South' here in Virginia, still very much a part of the bible belt, and some of the stupidity is only a couple of generations behind us. I have had people here tell me they think it's bad for whites and blacks to have kids together! I mean WTF?!?!? And it was June 12, 1967 before the ability to marry someone of another race was legalized here.

When it comes to nudism in America, the laws are all over the place. I'm happy as hell Virginia doesn't have some of the cray-cray laws about bareness that some states have. Complications are everywhere and it would do well to check out the law before taking off one's clothes when you do it past a state line. The only places that are federally-controlled and that do allow nudity is on federal park land, and even that right to be bare can be regulated against given the specific park. Oh what a freakshow ~

This post was edited

Without going too far off the deep end, I must interject the notions that laws in all places reflect the generalized norms of the area. Each has its own particular logic and is slanted towards the local populace. Nothing striking about that. I dont remember anything particular about my time in England except the bookies taking wagers on the weather & being told to fly elsewhere because Sarah Ferguson was doing flight training. And for the northern brethren immigration to the greater DC / Alexandria area and bringing their own notions with them, theyve chased out all the local southerners and installed an import Vichy government of sorts. So, yes, here you have the real just slightly muted southern view. Thus said, please excuse me as its time for my mint julep. Ill check in later.

This post was edited