Getting my wife to try living a nude life.

I know this has been done to death. The husband trying g to get the reluctant wife to start going nude. I'm having some luck and will update as time passes. My story so far is I been a bit of a nudist for 30 years and near 40 I married my wife. Several years into the marriage I decided to go to bed nude. The next morning I got up and went about my day in the house but didn't get dressed. At first she said nothing but after a couple weekends of me not wearing clothes she got to asking questions and said she thought it was weird. She said she thought she could get use to it tho. Meaning me going naked. I then started to ask her to join and she wasn't up for that. After several months now of me being nude while at home pretty much 100% of the time she did get use to it. Then I started treating her like I did when we first started dating. Made sure to bring flowers home, did dishes, and washed clothes. Those are things she normally did. I needed to help in the home more anyway. With me being naked now at home for some reason I felt more like getting up to do house work anyways. After a while and with some romance in the bedroom she got to where she would sleep just in panties. More time passed and I started to look up good info about benefits of going nude on the internet. After texting her a few of these over the period of a couple weeks I walked into the living room one day with her watching TV nude. After a conversation about just normal day things I asked her if she had decided to try out what I keep telling her feels so good. She said that was exactly what she was doing. The info texted to her seemed to work. That night she slept nude. Some nights she puts on her panties but many nights now she sleeps in the buff. She has been spend part of the day with me naked but she will have a house coat on. I guess the just chilling on the couch naked still feels weird to her. I would love to revisit a resort I went to years ago with her but only time will tell if I get her that far. I just thought I would show some of the guys here that their significant other may try being nude with if you go slow and remind her why she was important to you to being with. Hope this gives someone hope.

This topic was edited
RE:Getting my wife to try living a nude life.

Did you sleep nude before you were married?
My wife is the opposite of yours, She is more likely to wear a t shirt or pajama top to bed with nothing on the bottom than go to bed topless wearing panties or sleep shorts.

This post was edited

She has been spend part of the day with me naked but she will have a house coat on. I guess the just chilling on the couch naked still feels weird to her.

"Bathrobing" (I just made up that term) worked very well for my wife.

She also found it "weird" at first to just be sitting naked on the couch watching TV with me. So after discussing practical solutions, we agreed on her just wearing a bathrobe. At first she would leave it untied but pull it closed. Then she would leave it partly open from time to time. Finally she would leave it completely open, until the time when she was ready to leave it off altogether.
"Bathrobing" allowed her to acclimate to hanging out nude around the house progressively, on her terms, which proved to be a good "technique" for her. I would recommend trying it out to anyone.

This post was edited

She has been spend part of the day with me naked but she will have a house coat on. I guess the just chilling on the couch naked still feels weird to her."Bathrobing" (I just made up that term) worked very well for my wife.She also found it "weird" at first to just be sitting naked on the couch watching TV with me. So after discussing practical solutions, we agreed on her just wearing a bathrobe. At first she would leave it untied but pull it closed. Then she would leave it partly open from time to time. Finally she would leave it completely open, until the time when she was ready to leave it off altogether."Bathrobing" allowed her to acclimate to hanging out nude around the house progressively, on her terms, which proved to be a good "technique" for her. I would recommend trying it out to anyone.

We go on the Bare Necessities nude cruises and one year there were so many people "bathrobing" that they made an announcement that this wasn't a bathrobe-optional cruise. We joined in on the bathrobing the final night of our first cruise in 2013 as we had heard it was some kind of tradition. We've just stayed nude the final night on all of our subsequent cruises and hope that the temperature at venues like the theater aren't too cold.

This post was edited

Oh my, all those years I spent trying to talk my ex-gf into doing any form of nudism and it amounted to zip. And I mean I tried hard. She'd get out of bed after sex to go to the bathroom and then put on her T-shirt and panties. I couldn't fault her for going to the bathroom after sex because she had a real problem with UTIs, and that evacuation action almost always avoided those awful bodily reactions. But then for her to get dressed for sleep just made so little sense to me. She had body issues. I have never, ever felt the rudeness of cloth between me and my partner in eight years of sharing bed space. Oh the glory of that skin available to caress at any moment when the feelings of love come up. And to be more graphic than is necessary (or appropriate) here, the cuddling after a wonderful lovemaking session without any need for her to get up and go to the bathroom first is delightfully connective! Falling asleep like that does so much more to keep us close mentally, reminding us both how we feel about each other. Physically it is a mess, but that's how we like it. I am sorry if I'm going too far here, my naked friends, but there is no denying how those moments afterwards, the cuddly feelings, the stroking and smiles and smells, help to cement our love.

I can't stop thinking about how you took on the challenge, Jukebox, taking your want to involve your woman in nudism to a degree many men (or women) would never attempt by doing the things you should have been doing around the house already. By starting to do the mundane chores she'd been doing for the household all along, and the little reminders of love like flowers on a day when it's not her birthday or anniversary - it's that sort of thing that strengthen the backbone of a couple's love. I have to pick a pronoun and here I'll use 'she and her' - after a few or a lot of years together, it can become so rote and a given that there are things you do and things she'll do in the home. When she sees you making some extra effort and without having to ask you to do something, it helps her know how important you are to her, and that might make her consider altering her steadfastly-followed ideas anew, maybe opening her mind up to going out of her zone of comfort. Here you show us all, or at the least remind us of an invaluable lesson as to how to make a relationship work. Your tactics to gently prod her into trying something you hold so dearly (nudism) and she was against have worked, and what an inspiration you are. Good fucking job, Jukebox! I'm bowing to your success as I type here, hoping for even more for you both in the immediate future and forever, together!

This post was edited

But then for her to get dressed for sleep just made so little sense to me. She had body issues.

Was it body issues or was did she just get cold easily?
My wife rarely stays nude in bed very long because she says that it is too cold for her except on very hot nights.

This post was edited

Not my wife but a good friend of mine.I was a already a nudist as was talking to a lady friend of mine who said she liked to swim and sunbathe. So i asked her to go to a hot spring with merit had a big swimming pool and also private pools that you could rent. I said that I wasn't going to wear anything in the private pool and she could do whatever she wanted. I put no pressure on her. She never even put her swimsuit on, what a surprise! we soaked about an hour and I wanted to go out in the big pool and swim,so I put my suit on, she stayed in the private pool.
A few weeks later I asked her to go to a natural hotsprings. It had 2 nice pools' sundeck and benches to sit down at.It was also clothing optional.
She said ok, but she wasn't going naked. I said that it was her choice.We got there and went up to the pool, it was late morning, there was a couple in the pool floating on air mattresses, completely naked and 2 women soaking naked also. I stripped down and went to get in and my friend stripped down too. We enjoyed a great day soaking, sunning and drinking.She had me drive into town and she bought an air mattress and floated around on it too. We also would walk down to the river to go skinny-dipping,we had to cross the road to get there.That was some years ago and she is a confirmed nudist now, hardly wears any clothes at home and goes to nude beaches and nude resorts a lot.

This post was edited

The air temperature on the first few days of our only Bare Necessities cruise was so cold, you needed to wear something outside, so I opted for the untied bathrobe. Fortunately, it warmed up and the bathrobe became unnecessary.

We have visited nude resorts and beaches many times and the wife always goes nude. We have slept nude together for as long as I can remember, but she still will not go nude on the first floor of our house for fear of being seen by neighbors or unannounced guests. I have been caught several times and just shake it off, no big deal.

This post was edited

The air temperature on the first few days of our only Bare Necessities cruise was so cold, you needed to wear something outside, so I opted for the untied bathrobe. Fortunately, it warmed up and the bathrobe became unnecessary.We have visited nude resorts and beaches many times and the wife always goes nude. We have slept nude together for as long as I can remember, but she still will not go nude on the first floor of our house for fear of being seen by neighbors or unannounced guests. I have been caught several times and just shake it off, no big deal.

When it is cold on the first/last days of BN cruises they should be closing the roof over the ship's pool (if the ship has one). Unfortunately, the 2020 ship (Carnival Legend) had a broken roof, so we had to deal with the cold until we got down to Key West. Being too cold inside is a totally different issue which seems to come up every year.

The cruises can be a good way to introduce someone to social nudity, although the current offered cruises are 14 nights and you wouldn't want to find out on night 3 that it isn't for you and be stuck for 11 more nights. But it does normalize nudity some. You are on a regular ship that just finished a textile cruise and next week will do another textile cruise. You are going to the same ports as textile cruises. Maybe someone who is reluctant to try social nudity will give a C/O cruise a try.

This post was edited

Maybe someone who is reluctant to try social nudity will give a C/O cruise a try.

That's an interesting concept.
I know that sometimes having "nowhere to go" can actually turn out to be motivational for some reluctant spouses. I've seen it happen. After a while the spouse - having nothing else to do or nowhere to hide - ends up interacting with nudists; and before long gets in the spirit of "when in Rome..." and deciding he/she's better off just blending in and being naked with everyone else.

But it's a risk. She could end up - that context - choosing to isolate in her cabin most of the trip. The "thing" is to figure out with her if it's worth the risk.

This post was edited

Maybe someone who is reluctant to try social nudity will give a C/O cruise a try.That's an interesting concept.I know that sometimes having "nowhere to go" can actually turn out to be motivational for some reluctant spouses. I've seen it happen. After a while the spouse - having nothing else to do or nowhere to hide - ends up interacting with nudists; and before long gets in the spirit of "when in Rome..." and deciding he/she's better off just blending in and being naked with everyone else.But it's a risk. She could end up - that context - choosing to isolate in her cabin most of the trip. The "thing" is to figure out with her if it's worth the risk.

Definitely wouldn't work for my wife. She doesn't want to see anyone nude except me.

This post was edited