RE:Getting my wife to try living a nude life.

Did you sleep nude before you were married?My wife is the opposite of yours, She is more likely to wear a t shirt or pajama top to bed with nothing on the bottom than go to bed topless wearing panties or sleep shorts.

Yes. I did sleep nude. At one point in my past I did many things nude as I felt more comfortable. I took a long break from being a nudist as I did many "hobbies" If you will. I guess trying to be normal idk. After several years being married with a desire between me and my wife about wanting to reconnect I fell back on some past life things I enjoyed. Going nude at home especially with my mate was one of them. Thus, I decided to start spending time nude which took sometime to explain to my wife. I want to retire as a nudist open to the world and I want her to be with me so I told her my "secret" to her which now seems silly that I hid this from her and everyone.

This post was edited

She has been spend part of the day with me naked but she will have a house coat on. I guess the just chilling on the couch naked still feels weird to her."Bathrobing" (I just made up that term) worked very well for my wife.She also found it "weird" at first to just be sitting naked on the couch watching TV with me. So after discussing practical solutions, we agreed on her just wearing a bathrobe. At first she would leave it untied but pull it closed. Then she would leave it partly open from time to time. Finally she would leave it completely open, until the time when she was ready to leave it off altogether."Bathrobing" allowed her to acclimate to hanging out nude around the house progressively, on her terms, which proved to be a good "technique" for her. I would recommend trying it out to anyone.

Me and my wife have been bathrobing to a point. I do it just to be safe if our grown child comes home suddenly. Most of the time I just keep it nearby. My wife tho will be nude with a bathrobe on tied up as if I didn't see all she has for 8 hours the night before. I just let her be comfortable and join me. She normally enjoys the evening and I hope this works the way you say it did for you. Maybe this time next year she won't feel the need to dress at all to wake up and sit on the couch.

This post was edited

Oh my, all those years I spent trying to talk my ex-gf into doing any form of nudism and it amounted to zip. And I mean I tried hard. She'd get out of bed after sex to go to the bathroom and then put on her T-shirt and panties. I couldn't fault her for going to the bathroom after sex because she had a real problem with UTIs, and that evacuation action almost always avoided those awful bodily reactions. But then for her to get dressed for sleep just made so little sense to me. She had body issues. I have never, ever felt the rudeness of cloth between me and my partner in eight years of sharing bed space. Oh the glory of that skin available to caress at any moment when the feelings of love come up. And to be more graphic than is necessary (or appropriate) here, the cuddling after a wonderful lovemaking session without any need for her to get up and go to the bathroom first is delightfully connective! Falling asleep like that does so much more to keep us close mentally, reminding us both how we feel about each other. Physically it is a mess, but that's how we like it. I am sorry if I'm going too far here, my naked friends, but there is no denying how those moments afterwards, the cuddly feelings, the stroking and smiles and smells, help to cement our love.I can't stop thinking about how you took on the challenge, Jukebox, taking your want to involve your woman in nudism to a degree many men (or women) would never attempt by doing the things you should have been doing around the house already. By starting to do the mundane chores she'd been doing for the household all along, and the little reminders of love like flowers on a day when it's not her birthday or anniversary - it's that sort of thing that strengthen the backbone of a couple's love. I have to pick a pronoun and here I'll use 'she and her' - after a few or a lot of years together, it can become so rote and a given that there are things you do and things she'll do in the home. When she sees you making some extra effort and without having to ask you to do something, it helps her know how important you are to her, and that might make her consider altering her steadfastly-followed ideas anew, maybe opening her mind up to going out of her zone of comfort. Here you show us all, or at the least remind us of an invaluable lesson as to how to make a relationship work. Your tactics to gently prod her into trying something you hold so dearly (nudism) and she was against have worked, and what an inspiration you are. Good fucking job, Jukebox! I'm bowing to your success as I type here, hoping for even more for you both in the immediate future and forever, together!

I would like to thank you so much for this comment. I wanted to reconnect with my wife as she has said she wanted to with me, so this kind of became my plan on that. I figured nudism could do that if the love is shown as it was before. I'm killing 2 birds with one stone. I want to be close with her as we were before and I want to do this with her. I want it to equal sex and many other things with her. At the same time I want it to equal just being normal at very least me and others. I would hope maybe we both could.make it normal with some other people and beyond, but if it just become a mine and her thing I will be happy with that. I have never told her about visiting nudist camp grounds and I want to tell her when the time is right. I hope "when the time is right" is at a point she is thinking of going to one with me. At the same time it scares me to tell her all this. I think the world we live in is silly since it makes a person fear telling others they prefer to be nude when they can openly. I do know many people have no problem with telling everyone, yet some do.

This post was edited

Again, sounds like you're doing all the right things, Jukebox. Social nudism is a completely different thing from home nudism, as you well know, and the fact that you have partaken in that but haven't told your wife, telling her could shut her down, so again you are wise to tread lightly there. At the same time, secrets have a tendency to create more secrets, so if there is a moment when you think she's ready to hear your whole naked truth, take it and don't be scared and don't keep any secrets if you do so. If you undermine your nudist progress with her when she hears of these things you've been hiding from her, I am sorry. It is different for every couple.

If your woman has ever dealt with twelve step people in her life (AA, etc.), she may understand your hesitancy to be fully open and forgive the secrets as soon as you tell her about them, knowing that by your admission you are seeking more connectiveness between you. But if she's never dealt with addiction in that way, it's a big maybe not. From what you've said here already, I'll wager she might get upset at first but in time come around to the fact that you only want to bring her into your arms more (figuratively) by getting fully truthful.

When I read your last share, I immediately thought of the Tom Cruise movie "Eyes Wide Shut" and the scene early on where he and his wife (Nicole Kidman) are getting stoned and his wife admits to lusting after some other man, even admitting she would have fucked him if she'd had the chance, and how Tom Cruise's character reacts to that knowledge. What a rollercoaster ride that became! The movie is not for everyone, and director Stanley Kubrick's vision for the movie was completely screwed up because he died after filming was completed but before the final editing was decided, and as such was edited to death before it was released. Given that the movie would have likely had to be released as X-rated if Kubrick had gotten his original cut, I suppose it's understandable (though to me undesirable) that there needed to be some changes if there was any way to make a profit from the excruciatingly long production. Nowadays they would have just left it alone and released it to Netflicks or something where no holes are barred. If you doubt that comment (and if it hasn't already been removed), check out the two movies on Netflix called "Nymphomaniac" and Nymphomaniac 2" - the director's cuts. Might want to have a box of tissues around ~ and no, I don't mean for the tears, specifically ;)

Maybe some day the public will get to see Kubrick's original vision for "Eyes", that's if all the footage they tossed out hasn't already made it to the permanent trash bin. The respect Kubrick's small catalog of films has with the public makes me hope everything was saved for posterity.
Prepare yourself if you decide to take on any or all of the three aforementioned movies because they are quite long and somewhat plodding. So if you're not very patient, maybe the sex scenes and a huge bowl of popcorn will keep you entertained enough to get through them. We like extra butter on our popcorn! In my estimation, "Eyes Wide Shut" is not in the same category of film as some of others in Kubrick's work but true fans will relish it. And to be crystal clear here, the Nymphomaniac movies are not comparable to anything Kubrick made. They are a challenge to the senses and not for the faint of heart. If you like to see the underbelly of sexual addiction, perversion and degradation, get ready because it's there, along with Shia Labeouf's wedding tackle!

This post was edited

When I took my then girl friend now wife to Elysium, she used that logic to use the nude option. Won't stand out as the only suit in the pool.

This post was edited

When I took my then girl friend now wife to Elysium, she used that logic to use the nude option. Won't stand out as the only suit in the pool.

"Peer pressure" might not be the best choice of words, but it's the closest one I can find to describe it.

The first time my wife accompanied me to the resort, she went as a "non-participating spouse." But when we settled by the pool area she quickly noticed that all the women inside that area were naked. Which left her with two options: staying covered outside the pool area for the rest of the day; or switching from her cover-up to a towel so she could enjoy the entire resort. She hesitantly chose the latter.
She didn't keep her towel on very long. Once inside the pool area, surrounded by all naked women (and men), she soon felt that she should also be fully naked in there. So she made the very conscious choice of socializing in the same "state" as everyone else.

This "peer pressure" of sorts stems more from the desire to fit in than some external source of pressure. A lot of newbies I have spoken to have reported the same "effect." Their anxiety about being seen naked is "overwritten", so to speak, by observing other women who aren't displaying any such hang-up. It doesn't work every time for everyone; but it does seem to work often.

But as I always say: getting them to the resort in the first place can be challenging; if not the hardest part.

This post was edited

When I took my then girl friend now wife to Elysium, she used that logic to use the nude option. Won't stand out as the only suit in the pool."Peer pressure" might not be the best choice of words, but it's the closest one I can find to describe it.The first time my wife accompanied me to the resort, she went as a "non-participating spouse." But when we settled by the pool area she quickly noticed that all the women inside that area were naked. Which left her with two options: staying covered outside the pool area for the rest of the day; or switching from her cover-up to a towel so she could enjoy the entire resort. She hesitantly chose the latter.She didn't keep her towel on very long. Once inside the pool area, surrounded by all naked women (and men), she soon felt that she should also be fully naked in there. So she made the very conscious choice of socializing in the same "state" as everyone else.This "peer pressure" of sorts stems more from the desire to fit in than some external source of pressure. A lot of newbies I have spoken to have reported the same "effect." Their anxiety about being seen naked is "overwritten", so to speak, by observing other women who aren't displaying any such hang-up. It doesn't work every time for everyone; but it does seem to work often.But as I always say: getting them to the resort in the first place can be challenging; if not the hardest part.

True, my wife doesn't want to see anyone nude except me, even in films, so I don't think I could get her to go to a resort.

This post was edited

I hope she does eventually try nudism. When my ex-husband first suggested I go nude, i was afraid of people not liking how I look ( I am a bbw)

But I was surprised how well I was accepted! One man even complimented my chest! I felt very accepted after my first visit.

This post was edited

By Mara:I was surprised how well I was accepted! One man even complimented my chest! I felt very accepted after my first visit.

Offering compliments like that is a fraught area for us gents. Glad to hear you took it positively!

(By contrast, I'm not sure I'd be worried about receiving a compliment. Dumbfounded, more likely.)

This post was edited