RE:Comments

I agree with you. For true nudist it is not about sex. It bothers me for people to comment on someones body parts. I think that is so inappropriate.

This post was edited

I agree with you. For true nudist it is not about sex. It bothers me for people to comment on someones body parts. I think that is so inappropriate.

Depends on the body part.

This post was edited

I have been on TN for 6 years now and have seen quite a change in the dynamic over that time.
Back then, there seemed to be a larger percentage of hard core traditional nudist/naturists with occasional comments by others with a far different perspective of nudism. Over the years there have also seen more and more here to make a buck, luring their marks to other sites.
If there weren't easy marks here, they wouldn't be here!

Reality: This is a social media site, but not limited to nudists.
There is a whole spectrum of people here for varied reasons. The hardcore seem to think they own this venue but they don't. Get over it!
Leaving the luring entrepreneurs aside for a moment, I want to speak of the varied others here.
Many come here as I did, curious about the nudist lifestyle but confused about how sexuality fit in. For some, it doesn't AT ALL! "You're a perv!" Then there are others that have a more liberal perspective.

Nudists are sexual creatures too, but are there boundaries?

To me its like gender. True, from a reproductive standpoint it may be more black and white but not necessarily in the mind.
The same for nudists, they come in all different shades.

I believe many come here for answers. A somewhat anonymous platform to inquire, sort and contemplate topics, of a nature perhaps considered inappropriate discussion in open society. Getting open and unfettered response from a lifestyle segment of society, known for being open and comfortable in their own skin.

Some demand they take their conversations to TS. Ever been there? I can assure you that the perspective the get there is FAR from the openness they will get here.

To conclude my point. Many here are here for perspective and answers to, perhaps long suppressed questions. Trying to sort out what they feel, where they fit. Give them a break! Be part of their solution, don't be part of their problem. Non judgmental.

It's just a social media platform!

This post was edited

Nudists are sexual creatures too, but are there boundaries? ... To conclude my point. Many here are here for perspective and answers to, perhaps long suppressed questions. Trying to sort out what they feel, where they fit. Give them a break! Be part of their solution, don't be part of their problem. Non judgmental. ... It's just a social media platform!

Well spoken, thank you! There is a tension between "sexual creatures" and "boundaries" without one definitive answer. I wish this site could live in that tension to engage better with the younger generations.

This post was edited

I have been noticing this for a long time and wanted to share this with everyone out there and find out how you people view this.The comments on a lot of pictures uploaded by our fellow nudists are very sexual and I personally find that very disturbing that these people are allowed to be on this site.Like if you want to do that there are other websites for that please dont connect naturism/ nudism with sex.These are 2 very different thingsNudism NOT EQUAL TO sex.If our fellow nudists are being like this How can we think the rest of the world to think otherwise?Please post your views and opinions on this.

My beliefs and opinions:
I believe on this site, those comments should be made in private.
I believe nudity and sex are two separate and unrelated concepts.
I believe all humans are sexual -- including nudists.
I believe textiles conflate nudity and sex to the point that they believe the two are the same thing.
I'm not certain that nudist sites need to cater to the false understandings of textiles.
The image and posting guidelines for this site need to be clearly stated.
The image and posting guidelines for this site need to be consistently enforced.

This post was edited

Nudists are sexual creatures too, but are there boundaries? ... To conclude my point. Many here are here for perspective and answers to, perhaps long suppressed questions. Trying to sort out what they feel, where they fit. Give them a break! Be part of their solution, don't be part of their problem. Non judgmental. ... It's just a social media platform!Well spoken, thank you! There is a tension between "sexual creatures" and "boundaries" without one definitive answer. I wish this site could live in that tension to engage better with the younger generations.

Compared to the real nudist world which I am part of, this site gives a very distorted and conservative view of nudism.

This post was edited

Compared to the real nudist world which I am part of, this site gives a very distorted and conservative view of nudism.

I agree with "distorted," I think we disagree on what "conservative" means. I would probably use "puritanical" or "victorian."

This post was edited

The problem of inappropriate comments, like the parallel problem of fake female profiles, is simply one of moderation and enforcement. This is an expensive process that on sites like Facebook and Twitter is paid for by advertising revenue.
Nudist forums will never get that level of income from subscriptions alone and very few nudist sites carry much advertising so all the moderation has to be done by unpaid volunteers.
You only have to look at the problems Elon Musk is starting to have with Twitter to see that the problems we have on this site are relatively mild.

This post was edited

The problem of inappropriate comments, like the parallel problem of fake female profiles, is simply one of moderation and enforcement.

Fact - everything else is opinion

This post was edited

Heres an easy *pass / fail* test for pictures: if you were to insert a current TN picture in one of the girly magazines ( Penthouse / Hustler) that often adorn old style automotive shops and the page is obviously well read, it probably doesnt belong on TN. Now, obviously there are a lot of variations but you get the idea. Anybody else have any comparators?

This post was edited