RE:Comments

My feeling is that nudity is natural. Act like youve been there before. Its sophomoric to make something titillating that doesnt need to be as such. Its just how we are. Its really not hard to figure out. You dont even need a written policy. Its just standard conduct.

I agree. On the other hand, I recognize that common sense is not so common. As long as resorts choose to discriminate against single men for being penis holders without giving them the benefit of doubt to enter the premise, a code of conduct would be a better alternative.

This post was edited

Judgement coming from every direction here - personally, I feel no need for any guidelines more than a quick read-through of the rules of conduct at any nudist place I visit. Respect for everyone is likely the most important part of being socially nude, and that means respecting their attitude as well as their physical person, up to and including how close you get to them. If anyone needs guidelines as to where they keep their eyes when interacting with another nudist, they'd better learn some important bare lessons sooner than later. ALWAYS talk to someone's face, look into their eyes as any verbal communication occurs; show them total respect by not taking more than a momentary glance at any part of them before setting the gaze on the part of them which is interactive in the social sphere - their head.

A person's outward beauty ought have nothing to do with where one's eyes rest. A lack of control in such interactions shows a general disregard for everyone involved. It would be good to invest in some very dark or mirrored sunglasses if the perceived beauty of someone is too much to control yourself from taking an extended gawk at anything below their chin. Any appreciation for someone's physical beauty in a social nude situation should come complete with the assumptive rule that they are not being turned into an object of lust.

This post was edited

Yeah but my point is how men treat other men here like they are chatting on Twitter. They would never say those things in person. It doesnt matter if it is a resort or not. I try to have the Integrity to never be a keyboard warrior, or pervert for that matter. If some dude walked up to me and asked about the girth of my penis, like happened this morning, I wouldnt put up with that. Its like a bunch of grade schoolers. Id ask them to grow up! Unfortunately, men do that to women here too. No respect!

This post was edited

Yeah but my point is how men treat other men here like they are chatting on Twitter. They would never say those things in person. It doesnt matter if it is a resort or not. I try to have the Integrity to never be a keyboard warrior, or pervert for that matter. If some dude walked up to me and asked about the girth of my penis, like happened this morning, I wouldnt put up with that. Its like a bunch of grade schoolers. Id ask them to grow up! Unfortunately, men do that to women here too. No respect!

That's because people feel they can say whatever they like on the internet with no repercussions. There is no one there to correct them face to face for their foul language and bad behavior. In person a lot of these men would get their jaws realigned for some of the rude and sexual comments they make towards others.

This post was edited

i agree.....Nudism is not exhibitionism or sexual...posting erections put you in the same vein as a swinger or someone trying to tittilate or excite others.

This post was edited

First things first. Most of the people who join this site have never had a social naturist/nudist interaction. They are curious but haven't been to a beach or club and because the owners don't monitor and regulate the site a lot of poor behaviour is allowed to stand and therefore seems acceptable to newbies who are just modelling themselves after what they see. Have you taken a look at some of the groups lately? I haven't posted a nude photo here in more than a decade because of the body-part-specific comments my photos received. I'm sure the commenters thought they were being complimentary but instead they just made me feel icky in a way I never do at a live venue. My attendance on this site is rare these days but there are still a lot of good people amongst the crowd that I enjoy chatting with. I have never recommended this site to anyone, though, and never will.

This post was edited

Your points are spot on. Monkey see, monkey do. People who arent really nudists dont understand.

First things first. Most of the people who join this site have never had a social naturist/nudist interaction. They are curious but haven't been to a beach or club and because the owners don't monitor and regulate the site a lot of poor behaviour is allowed to stand and therefore seems acceptable to newbies who are just modelling themselves after what they see. Have you taken a look at some of the groups lately? I haven't posted a nude photo here in more than a decade because of the body-part-specific comments my photos received. I'm sure the commenters thought they were being complimentary but instead they just made me feel icky in a way I never do at a live venue. My attendance on this site is rare these days but there are still a lot of good people amongst the crowd that I enjoy chatting with. I have never recommended this site to anyone, though, and never will.

This post was edited

Monkey see, monkey do. And who are the "true nudists"? A lot of them seem to make up shit as they go, usually in negative judgment of others. For that reason, for the hypocrisy and prejudice, I'll call myself pants casual rather than nudist. Maybe it's the result of my Swedish culture of origin which is nude-friendly and sex-friendly without associating the two as one. It's Puritanism to say if nudity doesn't equal sex, nudity must exclude anything perceived as sensual or sexual.

Puritanism is about extremes, either denying or hyper-focusing on sex. It's about me having my freedom and others needing to be responsible to protect me from them. When a demographic group defined by having a penis is banned for the potential of another group not having a penis being offended by something minor like a spontaneous erection, that's egregious behavior -just as unjustifiable as walking around and flouting a well-curated erection. Monkey see, monkey do. When people's only focus is on others' behavior without looking in the mirror, it's all a zoo.

This post was edited

I very much agree with the original poster on this. We are all human and most of us have needs but there are plenty of dedicated sites for that sort of thing. We need to keep some spaces wholesome to provide a space where we can just go about our daily lives in the way we feel most at ease.

If nudity is an purely erotic thing for you that's fine but please recognise that for most of us it's just about us being comfortable and we don't want unsolicited comments anymore than a textile on the street would.

This post was edited

The false dichotomy of wholesome, at ease vs. purely erotic is exactly the puritanical extremism I refer to. I personally find both dysfunctional and disconcerting, and from that thinking stems the disrespectful comments.

This post was edited